• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to have lost trust in NSW government after this botch up..

Thursday and Friday both Brad Hazzard and Gladys berejiklian said there would be no lockdown, that the measures were proportionate and adequate.

Very next day bam in lockdown.. how can they get it so wrong or pretend they did to know .

When they say don't panic buy, why believe them. I say get to coles and Woolworths and buy up everything you can get.. no confidence in their advice

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! They Lie... panic buy!

Attachments

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well, we hope so!
Talking to a colleague in London a couple of days ago they were saying the only reason they are open is the Govt has put the pedal to the metal on vax, with vax available 16/7 and also to kids as young as 12. They have ~80% with one shot and ~50% with both and are trying to stay ahead of the curve as infection rates are still high. But Govt messaging has been to strongly encourage vax otherwise they’re facing another long lockdown and after the last one was 5 months people (sorry, the sheep) seem quite responsive.

I think it’s fair to say some complacency set in in Australia because we haven’t had it anywhere near as bad as other first world nations but maybe his new SYD lockdown will motivate more to vax soon. And yes, this last statement will no doubt set off more bile from the conspirators about how it’s all an agenda.

Last edited:

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
What a vaccine does is build up the body's immunity to covid. Therefore decreasing the severity of the virus when you get it.

I think you need to understand how vaccines work before you dismiss its effectiveness.

Ideally if the majority of people get vaccinated then the severity of covid19 has less effect on the population as a whole and life goes back to normal .Then we are able to live with covid19. It's called herd immunity.

Covid isn't going anywhere .

If the government didn't screw up the vaccine roll-out the we could of been alot further down the path and then maybe avoid these lockdowns.
i understand, what i said was it doesn’t stop you getting it or passing it on. Which it doesn’t.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
But just like every other divider, it turns 2 sides against eachother and then that's when the bullshit flows from both sides.
Yep, information and advice changes as more data is available, so that’s where the accusations come that health/government advice is inconsistent. Some of the other mis-information is just farcical though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think it’s fair to say some complacency set in in Australia because we haven’t had it anywhere near as bad as other first world nations but maybe his new SYD lockdown will motivate more to vax soon. And yes, this last statement will no doubt set off more bile from the conspirators about how it’s all an agenda.
You know I'm not a conspirator but I love a good conspiracy. I mentioned this yesterday. I don't know if it's a conspiracy or just a good tactic to "hurry up" people lagging to get their shot.

The timing is "perfect" being school holidays. Plus it increases the heat between vaxxers and anti-vaxxers.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. But it reduces the chance of you transmitting it by about half. It also reduces the amount of time you carry and shed the virus.
Do We know what percentage we need for herd immunity to work?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You know I'm not a conspirator but I love a good conspiracy. I mentioned this yesterday. I don't know if it's a conspiracy or just a good tactic to "hurry up" people lagging to get their shot.

The timing is "perfect" being school holidays. Plus it increases the heat between vaxxers and anti-vaxxers.
I don’t think it’s a tactic and that’s exactly where most conspiracies fail the smell test - that so many people would need to have ‘knowledge’ of any such ‘plan’ and yet no-one blows the whistle - it doesn’t make sense.

That said, I agree that this outbreak will be used as a vax motivator, which is going to come down to supply given the shortage of Pfizer, AZ is 60+ only and the TGA hasn’t approved Moderna/J&J for Australia (yet).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why was only one of the stooges wearing a mask?
Hazard wears a mask except when speaking (he’s holding one). The sign language girl can’t, otherwise can’t sign properly. Chant, I don’t know why.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a tactic and that’s exactly where most conspiracies fail the smell test - that so many people would need to have ‘knowledge’ of any such ‘plan’ and yet no-one blows the whistle - it doesn’t make sense.

That said, I agree that this outbreak will be used as a vax motivator, which is going to come down to supply given the shortage of Pfizer, AZ is 60+ only and the TGA hasn’t approved Moderna/J&J for Australia (yet).
No major knowledge needed my bro. The "health authority" just has to suggest a lock down is vital, the premier calls it, then people will do the majority of the work on both sides of the coin.

This is more of a hurry up more than a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.