Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 450k's too much, it'd have to be somewhere in the 300-350k range for me. I think his manager is preventing him finding a club if he's asking for that much money. I don't think many clubs will be after him.
Brady how much does SOO add to a player’s market salary value? 50K ? 100K? Could his manager be justified asking that much?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just putting it out there if the reported figure of 500k is true for Allen... Id rather we just ask Jarome Hughes if he'd be interested in being a fullback again would cost slightly more but is 10x better

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the thread name? I feel like havin a laugh
Hahah oh man there are some deluded idiots over there.
Saying that the NRL should investigate the dogs salary cap because we signed JAC.
Also thinking they are a more attractive club than us hahahaha.
We will win another premiership before them MARK MY WORDS.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Saying that the NRL should investigate the dogs salary cap because we signed JAC.
LMAO Oh I don’t doubt it bro. A more attractive club than us? LOLLL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brady how much does SOO add to a player’s market salary value? 50K ? 100K? Could his manager be justified asking that much?
Are you an idiot, suggesting it doesn't add anything to the contract?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's way too hard for people to go to ZeroTackle and look at our losses and gains.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't love this signing mostly because it says to me that there isn't a massive amount of faith Avo will make the fullback position his own long term. I don't mind Allan as a player, he definitely played well for Souths when Latrell got injured (though had a bit of a shocker in his Origin debut). But it's an interesting buy for me given how much emphasis Barrett has put on speed in the backline. Allan strikes me as a Hopoate-like player - no blistering speed but great hands and an ability to read the play well & finish when needed. So yeah, I don't hate it but it isn't a slam dunk for me the way Cotric/Flanagan/JAC/etc were.

Back on Avo, I genuinely rate the kid and believe he has a lot to offer our team. I think one of the reasons I and a few others want him to succeed (apart from the obvious talent) so much is he's one of our own. In a backline filled with recruits it's nice to have a homegrown talent make it and cement a permanent spot.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whats the thread name? I feel like havin a laugh
Signing suggestions and rumours. From page 4698 and on. oNe of the bring up cory allen signing and then it all just goes into a debate about us haha

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes I agree and have said he's a solid player and is better than most in our backline, but people claiming he's more than that need to reign it in and stop smoking about me being negative because I don't follow their made up stories. We also don't know what sort of coin were paying... reportedly on 330k @ Souths and was looking for 500-600k... hopefully we're paying no where near that and closer to what he was earning at Souths.
I think 400 -450 might be closer to the mark as he has made rep football whether it be one origon game or three it doesnt matter he made the sqad and is highly regarded by walters maninga and co he's vastly improved covering fullback for latrell and done a fair job aswell i think most bunnies supporters are spewing to be losing him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People need to chill on Avo....

Yes he’s got some talent and scored freakish try and laid on a couple but he also hasn’t been playing consistently in a week to week grind

His defence is atrocious and he was a bit soft in some of the games as well so he has a lot to work on

In time he will become the player we hope to see under Baz but for the immediate future I think Allan signing confirms he’s a walk up start in the 1 jersey.

I ain’t made at that.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo will still make it if he's good enough. We all hope he makes it, but there's no guarantee based on what I've seen. The club needs outside backs so Allen is a good signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Relax dude. No one’s having a go at you. Just asking how much you think SOO is worth for Cory Allan.
I assumed you were taking a dig at me, if that wasn't the case then sorry about that. If Allan wasn't picked for origin he would of been cheaper. How much extra, probably in the range you mentioned earlier.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty confident that Allan will be at training on Monday!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO Oh I don’t doubt it bro. A more attractive club than us? LOLLL
1610103164699.png

I thought there were some numpties on here but these guys just take the cake.
Apparently we upgraded Napa, Lewis, Hoppa and Meaney who are all off contract this year.
At least try to do a little research before making such dumb and ill formed claims.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: