Connor Tracy

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All his junior footy and Australian schoolboys were in the halves so he'd be comfortable enough there

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hes turning 28 this year and hasnt locked down a starting spot or a preferred position. I dont think he will play in the spine unless there is injuries.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes turning 28 this year and hasnt locked down a starting spot or a preferred position. I dont think he will play in the spine unless there is injuries.
Couldn't be bothered looking personally. But the question is who did he have in front of him though. I know Johnson was for much of his sharks career. Haven't followed his career, so I don't know who's been in front of him in the pecking order.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sure he's played a few games at 5/8 when he was at the sharks, no idea how that went though
yep he did, & went OK. Was better there than most of Burto's for us to this point(unfortunately)

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't be bothered looking personally. But the question is who did he have in front of him though. I know Johnson was for much of his sharks career. Haven't followed his career, so I don't know who's been in front of him in the pecking order.
He's had three ACLs plus the recent one that sidelined him this pre season. He's had Townsend, Nicho , Johnson and Trindall ahead of him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't realise he was error prone, not badly so?
So 80 blokes in the gameday thread will be shitting on him when he drops a bomb.. ok situation normal.
If he is a kennel favourite which it already looks like it will be excused.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Didn't realise he was error prone, not badly so?
So 80 blokes in the gameday thread will be shitting on him when he drops a bomb.. ok situation normal.
More so overpaying his hand

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
has lots of go in him I like that, 3 acl's too? when was the last years ago?
From memory he did his ACL in consecutive years and all in the same knee. Think the last one was around 2017.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still get the feeling Critta will be our 1.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the way the fullback position has changed since Billy Slater paved a new way, I agree that in our squad he is our best option at fullback.
But I do love the fact that both he and Blake Taaffe grew up playing in the halves and will be putting pressure on the other halves for a spot.

IMO, our best spine would be
1. Tracey
6. Burton
7. Taaffe
9. Mahoney

I think Tracey & Taaffe are going to be the biggest positive talking points of our successful season in 2024.
*facepalm

If that is our best spine welcome to the bottom 4 in 2024.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. JAC
3. Xerri
4. Skelton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutchison
13. Curren
12. Kiks
11 Preston
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. May
14. Watson
15 Sutton
16. Knight
17.Huges

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s gunna be the Hayze Perham experience 2.0
Such a L decision. Only thing that could justify his selection is if Tracey isn't match fit. Still fucking sucks. Didn't wait through another preseason just to see fucking Taaffe @ fullback. The only reason our fans rate him is because he had his best game against us and they don't actually watch other teams play :tearsofjoy:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not convinced about Tracey or Taafe at fullback, but it looks like it will be one of them. It's easy to get excited about the flashy parts of Tracey, speed and a jink, but a lot of what I've seen is crabbing cross field without much direction. I'd go with him on potential though over Taafe, who is just too lightweight for me. Might only be a few kg's under Tracey but there's no robustness about him at all. I'd rather see him get a go in the halves in cup to see how he goes there.