_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's ALIVE AND ONLINE!!!!

It's not hard to figure out who though.
1. 'former' young Bulldog player and his father
2. Internationally credentialed coach father

and look at our lineup.
Sounds like Folkes to me.. I got alot of respect for that man..

Used to always punch above his weight as a player

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...apologies for the lengthy delay in adding to this thread.
This is going to be a long one but should be read by all because it is frighteningly accurate and i assure direct from the players mouth.

This morning i had the horror of hearing what exactly is happening at the club right now and appears to have been for some time now.
Some time ago a thread was posted asking about a young kid (whos name i wont mention) who was making great progress at the Bulldogs. He had a union background and was very much a hot property item within some league circles including Raiders, Roosters, Bulldogs, Tigers, Eels and Warriors...the Bulldogs got him thanks in part to his family connections with many high profile sports people and a long association with Noel Cleal.
This kids father is also an ex international for NZ and is currently certified to be a super rugby coach if he wanted, he has a real understanding of both codes and can spot talent a mile away according to many, this is his son who the Bulldogs recruited and whilst he obviously supports his son he knows he is a super talent. They have another son who is good but nowhere near this kid.
Cop this, he is a fullback through and through and made no secret of it and was recruited as a centre/fullback.
This kid (19 years old) was training in the off season with the NRL squad, so well was he going, he was the fastest player in the club bar nobody and really has it all. 98kgs, 6ft 2, runs like the wind, great hands and vision...in fact the Roosters tried to pouch him earlier this year.
The Bulldogs recognised him as making great progress and signed him to a 2 year deal, but on low money as they claimed to all that they had 'no funds' and the cap space was hopeless.
The month following his signature he was promoted as a winger, he played 6 games and was told he did everything asked of him but he didnt like playing wing and felt he was of better use to the club elsewhere. He had been earmarked as Josh Morris replacement expected to be in 2019.
The father then chimed in and started saying that the club coaches and trainers are completely clueless and have no idea who to teach skills. The players are completely unfit and apparently some of the long term first graders started telling the new trainers that they won't be doing any of the things being introduced.
Donny Singe hates the place and cant wait to leave along with at least 4 other trainers and there is massive division between the teams, confirmed big time. These guys were amazed the club functioned at all, it is such a bad 'toxic' environment and has been for a while but appears to be getting worse.
But the final comments were left for Hasler and Dymock.
After every other scout and coach who had seen this kid play and tried to poach him on a number of occasions, Dymock and Hasler told him via another coach (not even a sit down) that he lacked skills to be a NRL player at Canterbury and would need to develop some skills.
This kid is loaded with skill.
The father says straight up that Hasler and Dymock are completely clueless in regards to coaching and recruitment and Hasler especially is coaching from another era.
The Bulldogs have now lost their 4 best ip and comers who have all walked out during this season for similar reasons, another big ip and comer will be also quitting at seasons end.
According to these guys today the club is a dire straits and needs a complete clean out to rid the place of the toxic environment it has become.
There were other things told to me but i seriously felt sick listening and he could have gone on for hours it seemed.

He also added that there was a terrible culture from some of the older trainers to belittle the young players which was supposed to inspire them to be better but 2 players walked out and didnt return, it was so bad,

Ok i will stop now but the summary is that the players stopped playing for Hasler months ago, the senior players have been extremely pissed off for some time, the Reynolds departure hit harder than anyone cares to say within the group and the re-signing of Hopoate went over like a led balloon within the team. They have lost any good prospects that were there and there is massive change coming.

Sorry again for the long message but i have more to say but all similar to above really.
I have been so depressed today knowing what many have thought for some time is real.
We are a rabble.

Final note is that they believe Hasler has to go and will be sacked at seasons end or they will be losing some huge names who have had it with him.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodkinson, Pritchard, Ennis,. And Reynolds was the final straw that broke the camel's back

Clubs been in trouble for some time now

Tony Williams,. Hoppa, tolman,allowed to do whatever they want

Hasler is scared of the Morris brothers and can't tell them what to do

An absolutely useless man manager

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be a long one but should be read by all because it is frighteningly accurate and i assure direct from the players mouth.

This morning i had the horror of hearing what exactly is happening at the club right now and appears to have been for some time now.
Some time ago a thread was posted asking about a young kid (whos name i wont mention) who was making great progress at the Bulldogs. He had a union background and was very much a hot property item within some league circles including Raiders, Roosters, Bulldogs, Tigers, Eels and Warriors...the Bulldogs got him thanks in part to his family connections with many high profile sports people and a long association with Noel Cleal.
This kids father is also an ex international for NZ and is currently certified to be a super rugby coach if he wanted, he has a real understanding of both codes and can spot talent a mile away according to many, this is his son who the Bulldogs recruited and whilst he obviously supports his son he knows he is a super talent. They have another son who is good but nowhere near this kid.
Cop this, he is a fullback through and through and made no secret of it and was recruited as a centre/fullback.
This kid (19 years old) was training in the off season with the NRL squad, so well was he going, he was the fastest player in the club bar nobody and really has it all. 98kgs, 6ft 2, runs like the wind, great hands and vision...in fact the Roosters tried to pouch him earlier this year.
The Bulldogs recognised him as making great progress and signed him to a 2 year deal, but on low money as they claimed to all that they had 'no funds' and the cap space was hopeless.
The month following his signature he was promoted as a winger, he played 6 games and was told he did everything asked of him but he didnt like playing wing and felt he was of better use to the club elsewhere. He had been earmarked as Josh Morris replacement expected to be in 2019.
The father then chimed in and started saying that the club coaches and trainers are completely clueless and have no idea who to teach skills. The players are completely unfit and apparently some of the long term first graders started telling the new trainers that they won't be doing any of the things being introduced.
Donny Singe hates the place and cant wait to leave along with at least 4 other trainers and there is massive division between the teams, confirmed big time. These guys were amazed the club functioned at all, it is such a bad 'toxic' environment and has been for a while but appears to be getting worse.
After every other scout and coach who had seen this kid play and tried to poach him on a number of occasions, Dymock and Hasler told him via another coach (not even a sit down) that he lacked skills to be a NRL player at Canterbury and would need to develop some skills.
The father says straight up that Hasler and Dymock are completely clueless in regards to coaching and recruitment and Hasler especially is coaching from another era.
The Bulldogs have now lost their 4 best ip and comers who have all walked out during this season for similar reasons, another big ip and comer will be also quitting at seasons end.
According to these guys today the club is a dire straits and needs a complete clean out to rid the place of the toxic environment it has become.
There were other things told to me but i seriously felt sick listening and he could have gone on for hours it seemed.

He also added that there was a terrible culture from some of the older trainers to belittle the young players which was supposed to inspire them to be better but 2 players walked out and didnt return, it was so bad,

Ok i will stop now but the summary is that the players stopped playing for Hasler months ago, the senior players have been extremely pissed off for some time, the Reynolds departure hit harder than anyone cares to say within the group and the re-signing of Hopoate went over like a led balloon within the team. They have lost any good prospects that were there and there is massive change coming.

Sorry again for the long message but i have more to say but all similar to above really.
I have been so depressed today knowing what many have thought for some time is real.
We are a rabble.

Final note is that they believe Hasler has to go and will be sacked at seasons end or they will be losing some huge names who have had it with him.
Fuck.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Whilst I have no doubt things at the club are shithouse I reckon you always need to take anything a disgruntled player and his father have to say about a place. I'm not saying what they said wasn't true but it may be imbelished from their point of view.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I already know who you are talking about...

Suffice to say if we do end up losing this player it'll come back to bite us..

#thekidcanplay
Not sure if it is the same player you are thinking of but my guy left a few months ago and is now on a full paid contract for 3 years with NZ 7's and loving it.
He wanted to play for the Dogs though and was so disappointed with Hasler and co he, and others simply left.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

We are a rabble.

Ok, cheers mate for the confirmation. What I am interested is the "massive change" you mentioned and more info on that if you could please.

Reactions: GDR

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I have no doubt things at the club are shithouse I reckon you always need to take anything a disgruntled player and his father have to say about a place. I'm not saying what they said wasn't true but it may be imbelished from their point of view.
Yeah i agree but i can assure you this is not the case on this occasion and is not isolated to him either.
This family are smart and understand professional sport very well and are not the ranting and raving type, hence this all happened a few weeks back.
If you heard these people speak and saw the passion and disbelief at the state of the club you would understand.

The dad is so glad he is mow away from the place and other coaches advised him to go to save his career from being tarnished with the current goings on.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next coach to come in whenever that is will need a few seasons to clean up the joint alone. :upset:
Hasler and co have completely dismantled the lower grades and this is what will take years to rebuild.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of all the problems that our club is supposed to have, the only well publicised issue that is correct and that we can be absolutely sure of is that of our very poor on field performance, hence Des must go.
Of all the clubs remaining problems none of us can be sure of anything, I'm becoming more and more convinced that it could be supporters of the pending rival ticket trying to make things look as bad as possible to help their mates.
I would believe it only if Baa or Turvey said it, and I'm certain that they both know what the situation is, and would scream it from the roof tops if it was true.
I agree.
There are some things i couldnt add in my ramble post but i will say that someone at the club advised him to 'get out while he could'.
He left his contract after only 6 months and the club let him walk.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. Can you elaborate on the massive changes coming? I'll take any glimmer of hope I can get

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know the reason why DT. Has he said no or they have someone else in mind?
The story goes that they have made a decision to get someone else but are considering options and Pay was not considered the man to fix this mess as it is.
I forgot to add about Toovey, he is good friends with this boys dad and confirmed Hasler cannot coach these days and simply rode the coat tails of the excellent squad that was at Manly at the time.
He cant believe that Hasler has hoodwinked the dogs for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.