Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to watch much of the xbox stuff yet, but I saw that Troy Baker is voicing Indy. He's easily my favourite voice actor. Other than doing Joel in Last of Us, and a ridiculous amount of other voices in games, he's just ridiculously good. The single best voice actor available. Nolan North is probably second best.

Baker voice is pretty good as Indy.. I gotta admit..

ps. Not as good as mine though.. :grimacing:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just realised the tech forum has gone..

i received a few Twitter (or X) Video DMs from my Oseas friends .. i have no idea how to download them..
Ive tried a few extensions but nothing is working..

Does anyone here know how to Download Twitter DM videos ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@John Matrix you know how you recommend the TP link deco? There's quite a few, what's the minimum I should be looking at getting?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@John Matrix you know how you recommend the TP link deco? There's quite a few, what's the minimum I should be looking at getting?
Depends on the below.

- Whats your budget?
- whats your connection speed?
- How many rooms in your place?
- Single or double story?
- Did you move the HFC modem and did you get data points installed through out your house, if so how many?

Deco M5, would be the minium I'd suggest, the "e" series are the budget line which are ok but the M5 can be had for $200 for 3 units on Amazon.

If youre on 1000/50 or plan on it in the future you need to look at a "x" model.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Depends on the below.

- Whats your budget?
- whats your connection speed?
- How many rooms in your place?
- Single or double story?
- Did you move the HFC modem and did you get data points installed through out your house, if so how many?

Deco M5, would be the minium I'd suggest, the "e" series are the budget line which are ok but the M5 can be had for $200 for 3 units on Amazon.

If youre on 1000/50 or plan on it in the future you need to look at a "x" model.
$300-$400. 250/25 ATM, doubt I'll go any faster but it's possible. 5 bedroom and study, single story. Left the modem at the back of the house but had data points installed in the middle and front of the house.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$300-$400. 250/25 ATM, doubt I'll go any faster but it's possible. 5 bedroom and study, single story. Left the modem at the back of the house but had data points installed in the middle and front of the house.
Thanks for the info.

I would go with 3 for your place, one at the HFC, one mid and the other at the front - all hardwired. If you do decide to add extra deco units you can mix and match models and have them connect wirelessly back to the main unit, id only do this route if you're lacking coverage but I'd doubt you will have that problem.

You will need a switch too so that you can feed the installed data ports, 8 ports are cheap these days and you will have extra ports if needed. I assume both your ports feed back to the HFC modem, if so its a easy setup.

Once your got the gear I will draw you up a diagram, you will need some data cables (I'd go with cat 6) they are cheap.

Option 1:

Deco M5 3 pack for $199 - great value but not great with high speeds like 1000

Option 2:

Deco x55 3 pack $399 - wifi 6 and far more future proof

Switch - two model, both will work.

$22

$47

So you’re looking at either $220 or $420, difference being wifi 6 (higher speeds, less congestion, more devices) and future proofing incase you bump up your speeds to gig.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I would go with 3 for your place, one at the HFC, one mid and the other at the front - all hardwired. If you do decide to add extra deco units you can mix and match models and have them connect wirelessly back to the main unit, id only do this route if you're lacking coverage but I'd doubt you will have that problem.

You will need a switch too so that you can feed the installed data ports, 8 ports are cheap these days and you will have extra ports if needed. I assume both your ports feed back to the HFC modem, if so its a easy setup.

Once your got the gear I will draw you up a diagram, you will need some data cables (I'd go with cat 6) they are cheap.

Option 1:

Deco M5 3 pack for $199 - great value but not great with high speeds like 1000

Option 2:

Deco x55 3 pack $399 - wifi 6 and far more future proof

Switch - two model, both will work.

$22

$47

So you’re looking at either $220 or $420, difference being wifi 6 (higher speeds, less congestion, more devices) and future proofing incase you bump up your speeds to gig.
Thanks, I'll check back in when I get the router.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@John Matrix btw this is pretty much the best I get playing FIFA now since I got wired and had NBN/Superloop do some BS on my line. This was like real late at night though as it seems to be the only time the game consistently plays reasonably well. Day time jitter is about double that at times, packet loss about the same. Realistically is this the best it gets for me? Lol
Screenshot_20240128-222250.png

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fark me cahunt, 5 bedder and study. How many people live with u

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@John Matrix btw this is pretty much the best I get playing FIFA now since I got wired and had NBN/Superloop do some BS on my line. This was like real late at night though as it seems to be the only time the game consistently plays reasonably well. Day time jitter is about double that at times, packet loss about the same. Realistically is this the best it gets for me? Lol
View attachment 101201
If anything better hardware will get best out of what you have, improve it? It’s possible.

if it’s double like you say than a change of ISP might help since Superloop might be over selling their service and I have read people have had ping issues while gaming.

Are you contracted? If not maybe look at jumping ship, a smaller ISP or one that doesn’t over sell might help.

Superloop have started to roll out Cgnat and that’s bad for gaming, most ISP offer you a opt out feature and something to check with them, if they ask a reason say you have cameras and you need a fixed IP.

If they won’t opt you out, time to move ISP.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If anything better hardware will get best out of what you have, improve it? It’s possible.

if it’s double like you say than a change of ISP might help since Superloop might be over selling their service and I have read people have had ping issues while gaming.

Are you contracted? If not maybe look at jumping ship, a smaller ISP or one that doesn’t over sell might help.

Superloop have started to roll out Cgnat and that’s bad for gaming, most ISP offer you a opt out feature and something to check with them, if they ask a reason say you have cameras and you need a fixed IP.

If they won’t opt you out, time to move ISP.
I switched to ABB and it wasn't any better so I switched back. But yes, I'm not contracted. Keep in mind pretty much every game works well for me except FIFA, even streamers have issues with it at times. The game is just kinda broken and I'm just trying to make the best of what it is.