Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best approach.

No not yet, I hardy play games that much - have had spiderman 2 since lauch and only played 10% in. I will get it as it does look fun.
Yeah I’ve got to get into Spiderman 2 as well.. just had a few technical difficulties. I love the first one and this looks just as good.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve got to get into Spiderman 2 as well.. just had a few technical difficulties. I love the first one and this looks just as good.
Hope you can sort it out and get into it, I can go weeks without playing then all of a sudden get into it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better to have zero expectations because games adapted from movies are generally rubbish, there are exceptions but they are rare.
I'm being cautiously optimistic. Games based on movie franchises are generally terrible, but this is being made by Machine Games who made the excellent Wolfenstein remakes... But they were also partially involved in the terrible Wolfenstein Youngblood.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm being cautiously optimistic. Games based on movie franchises are generally terrible, but this is being made by Machine Games who made the excellent Wolfenstein remakes... But they were also partially involved in the terrible Wolfenstein Youngblood.
Expect the worst hope for the best is how I look at all games etc, one to many times falling for the hype and I’ve been burnt.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Expect the worst hope for the best is how I look at all games etc, one to many times falling for the hype and I’ve been burnt.
Overhyped under delivering games are the reason I generally don't buy games on release anymore. If a game turns out shit compared to the hype, I'll generally have waited until enough reviews are out to know if a hundred dollars plus is justified.

The last couple of games I've bought at release price were AC Valhalla and RDR2. Was disappointed with the way Valhalla ended (a bit of an anti climax in my opinion) but still enjoyed the game play, village building etc. RDR2 tops my list of most played and enjoyed games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I fucked my internet when I factory reset my router, my internet speed is like max 10mbps now :sob:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I fucked my internet when I factory reset my router, my internet speed is like max 10mbps now :sob:
I don't get why people just reset things if you don't know how to fix it, unless someone has instructed you to do it than don't. If you're still keen take screen shots so you can set it up the same.

- What tech type is your internet - different types of NBN require different configs.

- if its 5g speak to the ISP

- who are you with - different types of nbn providers may require different configs within the same tech.

- is the router from your ISP or your own - if its theirs then their support can help you.

- what model is the router - if its your own look up the manual and log into it and follow the instructions and config from your ISP if required.

- who set it up initially - call them?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't get why people just reset things if you don't know how to fix it, unless someone has instructed you to do it than don't. If you're still keen take screen shots so you can set it up the same.

- What tech type is your internet - different types of NBN require different configs.

- if its 5g speak to the ISP

- who are you with - different types of nbn providers may require different configs within the same tech.

- is the router from your ISP or your own - if its theirs then their support can help you.

- what model is the router - if its your own look up the manual and log into it and follow the instructions and config from your ISP if required.

- who set it up initially - call them?
Because it's a piece of shit that doesn't work properly. Anyway I fixed it. I mixed up bandwidth and upload in QOS settings..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I've switched to my old router and that works better than my current one, I think it's just fucked to begin with. The mobile app stopped working around the same time my internet started playing up so it's probs some firmware BS. Fucking razer.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because it's a piece of shit that doesn't work properly. Anyway I fixed it. I mixed up bandwidth and upload in QOS settings..
Are you connecting at 1000/50 or /400?

I've switched to my old router and that works better than my current one, I think it's just fucked to begin with. The mobile app stopped working around the same time my internet started playing up so it's probs some firmware BS. Fucking razer.
Thats razer for you..

You want mesh that just works and is easy to use look at the TP link Deco's.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you connecting at 1000/50 or /400?

Thats razer for you..

You want mesh that just works and is easy to use look at the TP link Deco's.
I only got it because it was cheap and looked tidy compared to everything else at the time, was planning on getting the house wired too but never got round to it because it seemed to be doing okay. I just got a huge ethernet to connect the PS5 and it was mostly fine.

But yes I think it's cooked now. 2.4ghz runs fine but the 5ghz is still at around 10mbps. Wired runs worse than the 2.4ghz too so yes, it's cooked. Probably should've looked at this first before doing everything else and changing ISP lmao.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey @Hacky McAxe do you know much about ScummVM App? Apparently, you can download some old point and click LucasArts games that are not available in the AppStore. I was wondering if i could download Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis point and click adventures.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey @Hacky McAxe do you know much about ScummVM App? Apparently, you can download some old point and click LucasArts games that are not available in the AppStore. I was wondering if i could download Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis point and click adventures.
I haven't tried it myself, but it was specifically designed to run Scumm engine games, and the old Indie games are Scumm engine games so it should work in theory. As long as you can also get (or have) the original game files

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't tried it myself, but it was specifically designed to run Scumm engine games, and the old Indie games are Scumm engine games so it should work in theory. As long as you can also get (or have) the original game files
Hacky could you do me a massive favour, could you explain how I can do it please? I may not beagle to do it on IPad the app does download..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hacky could you do me a massive favour, could you explain how I can do it please?
Depends. What are you planning to play on? PC, Mac, Android Phone, iPhone, iPad?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wanna play on IPad. Somehow I don’t think it can be done. But I am far from an expert!
Yep, looks like it's not only possible, but fully supported.

I haven't looked too deep into it, but I can't see anything saying it needs a root kit, so you should be able to just run it on IPad. The only thing is that you need to transfer the game files which could be finicky, but they have full instructions

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, looks like it's not only possible, but fully supported.

I haven't looked too deep into it, but I can't see anything saying it needs a root kit, so you should be able to just run it on IPad. The only thing is that you need to transfer the game files which could be finicky, but they have full instructions

I will do my best.. I’m trying a free gam first but not having much luck..