Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think they are ever going to make a new NRL game ? Been fucking years since the last one I don't get it. AFL gets a new one each year. Only chance we have to see the Dogs win a premiership :sob:
I believe it's the same team that makes the AFL and NRL games now. And AFL games sell more, so that's what they stick to. Pity, could use a new one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone played Baldur's Gate 3? Was thinking of getting the PS5 version when it releases (I know it's been on pc for a while) just interested in peoples takes on it.
I'm about 6 hours into it. Which is basically nowhere into it.

It's amazing, but very slow and time consuming. Combat is very strategic. Just like actual Dungeons & Dragons.

The most interesting part about the game is that there's just so many different ways to handle a situation. I went to one town where there was a racist leader that wanted everyone gone. After talking to people I realised that there was probably a few different ways I could handle it. But I just confronted the leader and attacked her. So in response, she ordered her people to basically ethnic cleanse the place. After I eventually killed her and her guards, I came out to find that all the people I was trying to protect are now dead. So I happily looted their corpses for a bit until I ran into her army who slaughtered me before I could get away.

The story is interesting too. It starts on an interdimensional travelling spaceship flown by some body snatching Chthulu beings.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm about 6 hours into it. Which is basically nowhere into it.

It's amazing, but very slow and time consuming. Combat is very strategic. Just like actual Dungeons & Dragons.

The most interesting part about the game is that there's just so many different ways to handle a situation. I went to one town where there was a racist leader that wanted everyone gone. After talking to people I realised that there was probably a few different ways I could handle it. But I just confronted the leader and attacked her. So in response, she ordered her people to basically ethnic cleanse the place. After I eventually killed her and her guards, I came out to find that all the people I was trying to protect are now dead. So I happily looted their corpses for a bit until I ran into her army who slaughtered me before I could get away.

The story is interesting too. It starts on an interdimensional travelling spaceship flown by some body snatching Chthulu beings.
Thanks for the quick summary. I am a fan of RPG's, but only recently took notice of BG3 as its been making quite a storm in the media of late with other developers and so what. Anyway, that aside from what I seen it looks impressive graphically and I get why they went true style D&D combat. I used to play D&D tabletop back in the day haha.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick summary. I am a fan of RPG's, but only recently took notice of BG3 as its been making quite a storm in the media of late with other developers and so what. Anyway, that aside from what I seen it looks impressive graphically and I get why they went true style D&D combat. I used to play D&D tabletop back in the day haha.
If you ayes D&D then you'll love it. I've only played a little bit of D&D but the combat is exactly like D&D.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you ayes D&D then you'll love it. I've only played a little bit of D&D but the combat is exactly like D&D.
I've only seen one bit of gameplay from this game and it's ALWAYS the **** kicking the shit out of the squirrel lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've only seen one bit of gameplay from this game and it's ALWAYS the **** kicking the shit out of the squirrel lol.
Yeah, that's a perfect example of how complex the game is. There's many options in that situation, so the bloke chose to kick the squirrel not realising that it wasn't just a small kick out of the way.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Started playing Yakuza 0 on series X, great game so far but who's idea was it to release a game that you have to find a phone booth to set up a save, wonder how many people lost hours of game over it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Started playing Yakuza 0 on series X, great game so far but who's idea was it to release a game that you have to find a phone booth to set up a save, wonder how many people lost hours of game over it.
The Yakuza series is great. Played all but the latest one, Like A Dragon. They have another series called Judgement and Lost Judgement, which is set in the same regions except you play as a private eye solving cases while kicking asses. I recommend giving those a go too at some point.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Yakuza series is great. Played all but the latest one, Like A Dragon. They have another series called Judgement and Lost Judgement, which is set in the same regions except you play as a private eye solving cases while kicking asses. I recommend giving those a go too at some point.
thanks, all available on gamepass (yakuza) and judgement on PS+ and I plan on playing them all.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For anyone with Game pass ultimate the coversion from gold to it ends on the 1st of September so if you want to extend your ulimate with Gold you need to stack up before the 1st.

Yes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the following table. Conversion ratio subject to change.
Code type​
What you also get​
1 month of Gold​
20 days of Ultimate​
3 months of Gold​
50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)​
6 months of Gold​
81 days of Ultimate (2+ months)​
12 months of Gold​
4 months of Ultimate​
24 months of Gold​
6 months of Ultimate​
1 month of Xbox Game Pass for Console​
22 days of Ultimate​
3 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console​
68 days of Ultimate (2+ months)​
6 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console​
135 days of Ultimate (4+ months)​
12 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console​
9 months of Ultimate​
24 months of Xbox Game Pass for Console​
18 months of Ultimate​
1 month of PC Game Pass Games​
20 days of Ultimate​
1 month of EA Play​
10 days of Ultimate​
6 months of EA Play​
40 days of Ultimate​
12 months of EA Play​
2 months of Ultimate​

I bought 3 months x 4 from Eneba https://www.eneba.com/xbox-xbox-live-gold-3-months-xbox-live-key-australia

Once I got the codes I added through https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...-account-d6b2c675-9e31-f312-7ff4-21834ad22fa8

It ended up being around $7.50 per month and gave me just over 7 months with the conversion (50~ days x 4)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, all available on gamepass (yakuza) and judgement on PS+ and I plan on playing them all.
I just recently finished playing Lost Judgement. It's good, maybe the story isn't as good as Judgement but it's still pretty close in terms of everything else.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just recently finished playing Lost Judgement. It's good, maybe the story isn't as good as Judgement but it's still pretty close in terms of everything else.
Cheers, will be a while before I get through all the Yakuza games then Spiderman 2 etc

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I ended up pre-ordering Baldurs Gate 3 on the PS5, though I won't be able to play it on release as I'll be on a cruise at that time. @Hacky McAxe you might appreciate this Baldur's Gate 3 video of 4 halflings causing complete chaos within the world. The ending is *chef's kiss*

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
hey peeps, i have a super old Desktop, 10 years plus, i think that needs to be replced, i was thinking of gertting an all in one PC so i dont have a tower under my desk.

are they any good?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
hey peeps, i have a super old Desktop, 10 years plus, i think that needs to be replced, i was thinking of gertting an all in one PC so i dont have a tower under my desk.

are they any good?
They vary in quality but generally they're pretty rubbish. If you're concerned about the looks of the tower then there's two options. Get a better looking computer, or get a laptop with a docking station. That way you can put it away when you don't need it.

Or go completely extreme

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I got the GameBoy Advance Emulator. Some great titles on it.

Speaking of... I remember back in 2003 I was on my way to college and saw them for the first time on a bus stop ad. I thought that they looked slick (this is the SP model). It was a flip (although only one screen), and had an awesome metallic finish. They have aged gracefully and still look good today.

The first time I played it, I remember I played Crash Bandicoot on a demo model in store somewhere, it was awesome.

They're going up in price as they become more and more rare. If you have one, hold onto it.

1692683176390.png

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

are they any good?
Custom will always yield better value for money, you can buy prebuilt customs from many shops too.

I assume you're not gaming on it if you want a all in one and want a smaller footprint.

This is mine, tiny foot print makes zero noise and handles 4k videos, YT etc. Something this size will need to custom order built (pick your parts and get them to build it for you).

Otherwise you can look at a intel NUC, they are tiny and will need some parts to complete them.

unnamed.jpg