News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They were always gonna want someone we didn't want to give up
If true it could also be commercial and maybe the club aren’t willing to meet the asking price - which in the long run is likely the right play - did we not learn from Luke Thompson? Any decent negotiator should’ve exploited AFB’s weakness in having sought early releases from two clubs and being sacked from one.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true it could also be commercial and maybe the club aren’t willing to meet the asking price - which in the long run is likely the right play - did we not learn from Luke Thompson? Any decent negotiator should’ve exploited AFB’s weakness in having sought early releases from two clubs and being sacked from one.
Supply and demand. We saw how crazy the numbers got to for Moses this year,being the only topshelf 7 available. AFB is now the best prop on the market, who knows what price he will command 1.2 mil wouldn't shock me

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Supply and demand. We saw how crazy the numbers got to for Moses this year,being the only topshelf 7 available. AFB is now the best prop on the market, who knows what price he will command 1.2 mil wouldn't shock me
Yep, but I think $1.2m opens the door to buyers remorse. What if he came and asked for a release after one season? He’s got form. It’s a risk.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, but I think $1.2m opens the door to buyers remorse. What if he came and asked for a release after one season? He’s got form. It’s a risk.
That's why i think a combination of May plus either of Taumololo and Klemmer would be a better option. Might cost 2-300k more, but we'd be better off

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why i think a combination of May plus either of Taumololo and Klemmer would be a better option. Might cost 2-300k more, but we'd be better off
I dont see how people rate this Klemmer or want him back for what he done?

When he was playing for us he excelled. Since being passed around like a ganga to different teams, he hasn’t been his best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

When he was playing for us he excelled. Since being passed around like a ganga to different teams, he hasn’t been his best.
He can run 150m+ and reliably make 30+ tackles a game. That's a huge upgrade on what we have and better than almost everything else available on the market.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yeah but our prop rotation is arse. Klemmer would make our pack better. And is potentially good value signing if tigs chip in.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can run 150m+ and reliably make 30+ tackles a game. That's a huge upgrade on what we have and better than almost everything else available on the market.
Plus the tigers want rid of him, so they will chip in some coin too

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You only need to look at his numbers.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were always gonna want someone we didn't want to give up
this is why signing AFB was unrealistic....we were never going to trade someone like Kikau or Preston for him....yet so many people on this forum thinking we would get him...

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is why signing AFB was unrealistic....we were never going to trade someone like Kikau or Preston for him....yet so many people on this forum thinking we would get him...
Still a lot to play out yet. They need to find an agreement to make at least 4 parties happy . . .won't be easy

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering how awful the Tigers are and the lack of available middles, does this not make you think why they want to move him on - the stats are above average.

Clearly, there’s a cultural fit here to consider and maybe why teams are so keen to let him go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Considering how awful the Tigers are and the lack of available middles, does this not make you think why they want to move him on - the stats are above average.

Clearly, there’s a cultural fit here to consider and maybe why teams are so keen to let him go.
No. Tigers are the Tigers, just look at what happened there only minutes ago lol. If Tigers are covering part of his contract it feels like an absolute no brainer for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not on the market though is he? Did I miss something beyond rumour of trade to Penrith for Luai?
Tigers are open to releasing him however with what has just gone down who knows anymore.