News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He can run 150m+ and reliably make 30+ tackles a game. That's a huge upgrade on what we have and better than almost everything else available on the market.
Yeh, fair point, but IMO, stats are a handy guide but can be very misleading. Hayze Perham’s stats over 19 games in 2023, look fairly robust. Consistently >150 running metres, nearly 3 tackle breaks per game in a bottom tier team. Yet we know his shortcomings. Most are pushing to move him on, with very limited game impact. Not aware of any club bashing our door down to get him (?)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He can run 150m+ and reliably make 30+ tackles a game. That's a huge upgrade on what we have and better than almost everything else available on the market.
When Klemmer was paying for us you made comments like these quite often;
I don't care that we lost Klemmer, in fact i actually suggested he should've been the first to go when we started releasing players.
Releasing Klemmer is not a mistake at all, holding onto him is.
Losing Klemmer is hardly a negative
The smart play is to just cut Klemmer loose
But really there's no way i'm throwing that much money at a prop with no footwork, no real pace or effective offload.
I also don't think losing Klemmer is that bad a thing.
i could understand not wanting him as Klemmer can be really 1 dimensional with his play
Klemmer is the right player to release
Klemmer runs in like an idiot and costs us possession and gets sin binned. What's so fucking great about that?
Klemmer was an idiot
Woods has been better than Klemmer

Enough, I think you get the drift

Then suddenly when Klemmer is playing for someone else your comments do a complete 180;
If Klemmer is available we have to sign him
Klemmer would've been a huge signing for us
Klemmer would walk into our side
Klemmer has been infinitely better
Klemmer is fine, he's not playing SOO because Freddy doesn't want him
Klemmer not returning was just idiotic

This is typical of you, you mercilessly bag a player when they play for us then pump up their tyres when the play for the opposition. You are the ultimate in the "grass is always greener" viewpoint.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't care that we lost Klemmer, in fact i actually suggested he should've been the first to go when we started releasing players.
But really there's no way i'm throwing that much money at a prop with no footwork, no real pace or effective offload.
i could understand not wanting him as Klemmer can be really 1 dimensional with his play
Klemmer runs in like an idiot and costs us possession and gets sin binned. What's so fucking great about that?
Klemmer was an idiot

Then suddenly when Klemmer is playing for someone else your comments do a complete 180;

This is typical of you, you mercilessly bag a player when they play for us then pump up their tyres when the play for the opposition. You are the ultimate in the "grass is always greener" viewpoint.

Always a Bulldog
This burn took time and effort bro lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer was an idiot

Always a Bulldog
You're completely ignoring the fact that the club is in two totally different situations but I'm sure you know that. You're also ignoring the large gap in time, situations change. Our squad is not forward heavy and under salary cap pressure like it was all those years ago. BIG difference.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Had to happen. Could stuff up their chances in getting Luai now though, unless the deal is done. #basketcase
Might be a fire sale on a few players… you just never know who’s around the corner..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You're completely ignoring the fact that the club is in two totally different situations but I'm sure you know that. You're also ignoring the large gap in time, situations change. Our squad is not forward heavy and under salary cap pressure like it was all those years ago. BIG difference.
You're completely ignoring the fact that you were describing the player when you posted;

there's no way i'm throwing that much money at a prop with no footwork, no real pace or effective offload
Has Klemmer developed footwork?
Pace?
What about an effective offload?

Klemmer can be really 1 dimensional with his play
Has he suddenly grown another dimension?

Klemmer runs in like an idiot
Klemmer was an idiot

So Klemmer is no longer an idiot, interesting?

And the latest;
The club is in two totally different situations
Klemmer's front row partner at the time was Woods. Are you seriously suggesting that King is not better than Woods?

Oh, that's right you did suggest that Woods was better than Klemmer

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're completely ignoring the fact that you were describing the player when you posted;

there's no way i'm throwing that much money at a prop with no footwork, no real pace or effective offload
Has Klemmer developed footwork?
Pace?
What about an effective offload?

Klemmer can be really 1 dimensional with his play
Has he suddenly grown another dimension?

Klemmer runs in like an idiot
Klemmer was an idiot

So Klemmer is no longer an idiot, interesting?

And the latest;
The club is in two totally different situations
Klemmer's front row partner at the time was Woods. Are you seriously suggesting that King is not better than Woods?

Oh, that's right you did suggest that Woods was better than Klemmer

Always a Bulldog
I'm dramatic

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still don’t want the ****, I’d rather Knockonbur

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m hopeful Gus has something up his sleeve, but I can’t hate on the guy knowing some of the info, albeit maybe not 100% accurate, but pretty close. The Dragons have offered +$1.1M per season, they have a few more middles they could afford to lose in a trade, and you’d think we would need to match that offer in $.
So let’s say we pay that $1.1M, we also lose Preston.
While the Wahs free up +$1M, get Preston for say $450k and have another +$550k to go to market and sign another Middle. Wahs are in the box seat, they call the shots and Gus didn’t want to play that game.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers are open to releasing him however with what has just gone down who knows anymore.
They have 4 average halves on around 2 million and they want to spend another mil plus on another . . . We can help them by taking a decent prop off their hands