News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro
He's already said he wants Manu, AFB and Dearden. That suggests mass roster upeveal if he gets his way.
Look at it this way. Blake Lawrie won their player of the year
He would be a squad player in 14 of the teams in this comp
Flanno Snr is a cock. He wants everything.

When we sacked Baz he was saying he wanted the job because he could the best out of Kyle. Said he was an elite junior.

Fuckin elite junior ballboy maybe

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When I read the article,my first thought was, there goes AFB. The timing couldn't be any worse for us. I think we were in the box seat to get him until this
Arthur Laundy is still a Billionaire, and our leagues club is loaded. Sure he is much much richer than them. But there's only so much under the table cash you are gonna give to a player. Twiggy Forrest isn't gonna give AFB 100 Million dollars or something mate. Laundys backing is gives us just as much bargaining power as Forrest for the dragons. It's also yet to be seen how hands on he will be with them.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two cents. AFB met us first, we have players on the rise / signings. Not tigers or dragons. That speaks a lot to me. He knew gus from warriors and got him there which is big. I know Hopoate and afb are mates so Hopoate would have good things to say about us. In the Tonga 23 squad he has Moses suli from dragons to ask what the clubs like ( they were trying to move him on), then tigers he played with Staford toa..

We have some good years ahead and I think gus is the man for the job. If we miss out on afb surely we get tamaoulolo or tbat prop from roosters. Dragons are the one I worry bout , but he got sacked by them. Not re signed but sacked.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My two cents. AFB met us first, we have players on the rise / signings. Not tigers or dragons. That speaks a lot to me. He knew gus from warriors and got him there which is big. I know Hopoate and afb are mates so Hopoate would have good things to say about us. In the Tonga 23 squad he has Moses suli from dragons to ask what the clubs like ( they were trying to move him on), then tigers he played with Staford toa..

We have some good years ahead and I think gus is the man for the job. If we miss out on afb surely we get tamaoulolo or tbat prop from roosters. Dragons are the one I worry bout , but he got sacked by them. Not re signed but sacked.
Didn’t he meet tigers first?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also warriors fan page on Instagram look like they are cut as that they let Curran go, would all prefer Curran over capewell

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to say "so and so was never leaving"
It's the number 1 excuse when you fail to lure a player.

I can assure you, just about every player (other than JT) has had their contract renewed in the last 4 years. You can argue that players who have not gone onto market cannot have contract discussions before Nov of their final year but you'd have to be naive to think such discussions dont take place anyway.

My point is, we have Gus and CC in charge of forward planning this team and roster. If they aren't thinking 2 or 3 years ahead, they aren't doing their jobs properly.

We are not an established team where you lose 1 or 2 players and are tasked with finding replacements year to year.

We are rebuilding and need to be constantly on the look out.

TPJ was on the outer for 2 years. Thommo was out of the team that while time and the club was trying to get rid of him that whole time. Us fans knew we were in some trouble for middle forwards before season 2023 and here we are even in more trouble for '24.

You and I aren't being paid in the hundreds of thousands to sort it out. They are.
You’re naive if you don’t think that Gus and CC don’t already know this and are working behind the scenes to make this happen. I’d love to see who you would have landed had you been in their position. Why don’t you send your CV to the club and show us how you can lure a Tino or a Haas to the club?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When I read the article,my first thought was, there goes AFB. The timing couldn't be any worse for us. I think we were in the box seat to get him until this
Laundy is rich also, doesn't matter of Dragons have this bloke or not. Money won't be an issue as all clubs in the race could offer 1mil imo. Best roster and chance of premiership will take priority surely

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laundy is rich also, doesn't matter of Dragons have this bloke or not. Money won't be an issue as all clubs in the race could offer 1mil imo. Best roster and chance of premiership will take priority surely
If AFB imagines himself in our side, we'd be be stronger than Saints or Tigers with him, but my guess is the Dragons and Tigers will offer him more than us, especially Tigers. Hopefully Gus's silky tongue works on him. Very interested to see if he makes a quick decision

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep most of them got overs which is what we should have been offering. Instead we had Gould refusing to pay overs for anything despite our pockets being full and our talent thin, leading with his ego thinking his presence would be enough to lure players to the club. It has cost us dearly when u sift thru all the key positions players weve missed on
These cúnts??
If we sign a player “that’s cause we payed overs, fucken idiots!!”
If we don’t sign a player “should’ve payed overs, fucken idiots!!”
1700978775097.gif

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If AFB imagines himself in our side, we'd be be stronger than Saints or Tigers with him, but my guess is the Dragons and Tigers will offer him more than us, especially Tigers. Hopefully Gus's silky tongue works on him. Very interested to see if he makes a quick decision
Is It ime to get extravagant ???
As it stands our roster is well covered in every position some better than others except for props,
Through no lack of effort we have missed out on Haas Tino and Fotuaika amongst other forwards but where opportunities close others open,
AFB is one of the best props in the game and in high demand, we are the most desperate team in the comp for a prop of his caliber,
I ask, to what extreme should we go to insure he is signed ???
IMO, Gus needs to make sure he is signed and money isn't the reason we don't !!!
There is a lot more at stake if we miss out again !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As it stands our roster is well covered in every position some better than others except for props,
Through no lack of effort we have missed out on Haas Tino and Fotuaika amongst other forwards but where opportunities close others open,
AFB is one of the best props in the game and in high demand, we are the most desperate team in the comp for a prop of his caliber,
IMO, Gus needs to make sure he is signed and money isn't the reason we don't !!!
What about Guaranteed 10 year appointment as GM of The Locker Room when he retires.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t have much, but anything I have is Addins… and I mean anything.