News Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has been caught in another clandestine meeting, this time with a potential signing — New Zealand Warriors forwa

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question.
Is the rule that you can’t pay more if you break a contract in place or was that just a proposed hypothetical?!

Will be very interesting if all suitors are capped at 1 mil.
Yeah I thought the NRL bought in a rule if you break a contract due to compassionate reasons, you can get an upgrade on the contract. Pretty sure this happened with Walsh this year to the broncos.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a Sydney restriction but I think we are in with a shot
Penrith - worn afford him
Tigers - won’t afford him if they get Luai. Let’s hope they do because AFB has tiger links.
Us- money and ‘gangsta’ image he identifies with
St George- *real concern* as Flanagan has amazing hypnotical like recruitment power.
Roosters - If they still have suualli they won’t be able to afford him and they have publically rules themselves out but I am low key concerned they change their mind as they have money to spare
South’s- can’t afford him
Eels- stocked up
Manly - stocked up and can’t afford
Cronulla- seem stocked and can’t afford

HOWEVER - keep in mind that in 2025 it’s a year away and teams can easily get rid of a player and make internal shuffles if they want him

My advice to Gus is ACT SOON before rivals start to manoeuvre

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I thought the NRL bought in a rule if you break a contract due to compassionate reasons, you can get an upgrade on the contract. Pretty sure this happened with Walsh this year to the broncos.
It was definitely proposed but not sure it came into effect. I hope it did.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol it's becoming too obvious that Gus is taking these pictures himself and leaking them. Murdoch media are too stupid to realize that.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have a question.
Is the rule that you can’t pay more if you break a contract in place or was that just a proposed hypothetical?!

Will be very interesting if all suitors are capped at 1 mil.
Not sure but would imagine the incumbent club could impose that if the other side agrees. A lot depends on who has the bargaining power. In this case it seems the incumbent has the upper hand

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Come on down AFB and Tina to follow after round 10. 1,6,7 to be signed soon. And we will be one of the best again :grinning:

Anyone getting vibes the AFB might be a 24 thing instead of a 25 thing? Yes warriors said he isn’t leaving but will only take 1-2 players they like to sway them.

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on down AFB and Tina to follow after round 10. 1,6,7 to be signed soon. And we will be one of the best again :grinning:

Anyone getting vibes the AFB might be a 24 thing instead of a 25 thing? Yes warriors said he isn’t leaving but will only take 1-2 players they like to sway them.
I honestly hope we develop tough props, just tough, players like we used too!

All for AFB!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who are the Dragons swapping him with?

Tigers look to have better props to swap?
I don't know, I just feel they're the favourites followed by us. Don't think Tigers are really in it.