Canterbury halfback Brett Kimmorley to sign a one-year contract extension with club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Show some support for the guy, good on him he is a classy half who guides us pretty well, him and Ennis are becoming the Dynamic duo.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kimmorley still has it for sure imo, he's just not at his best at the moment but what player is for every game of the season(he is human you know), he will wind it up to peak performance and bring the team along with him as long as he dosnt get injured.... Thurston is not worth the money - thats 2 good players for the money it would cost to get him and putting all your eggs in 1 basket imo - what if he gets injured?? anyway we already have a thurston about to enter his prime(barber) - just a matter of time - we need to hang on to him - he is the future weather its no 7 or no 1 he will shine.

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
R E L A X !

"Mimis said last night he was yet to sit down with Kimmorley to formally discuss his future but would be doing so soon. The Bulldogs are also close to re-signing whiz kid Ben Barba and extending hooker Michael Ennis's deal beyond 2011.

''I hope they do tie up Barba because he's just a juggernaut, a great attacking player,'' Mortimer said. ''Every time he seems to touch the ball I get off my seat and think 'something's on'.''

As for his nephew Daniel, who rebuffed a Bulldogs offer last month to stay at Parramatta, Mortimer remains optimistic he may one day reunite the famous surname with a blue-and-white jumper."

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...on-mortimer-tells-bulldogs-20100420-sruv.html

Looks like its all good news around and who knows if Mortimer decides to come to the dogs in a couple of years than we have brett kimmorleys replacement.

Best part of article in red :grinning::grinning:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kimmorley will probably stay on at the Dogs as a tactician and coaching assistant. The extension (if it's true) will lock him in until the transition. Barba is seen as the next fullback. The General will probably hang up his boots at the end of the year.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kimmorley will probably stay on at the Dogs as a tactician and coaching assistant. The extension (if it's true) will lock him in until the transition. Barba is seen as the next fullback. The General will probably hang up his boots at the end of the year.
Would be so good to see the general get a start in origin, he so desrves it - gidley will have played 2-3 games since injury....

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Best option at present would be sign Noddy to an one year deal. He will continue to help nurture the young halves we have in the current squad.

We do have Joshy Reynolds and hopefully he signs on again. He has definitely improved this year from the games I've seen. He knows when to take on the line and produced some lovely cut-out balls to the backs. His kicking game is getting better and as time goes by, he could be a handy half this year or next.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
this all changes with the storm debacle. Ask Cronk if he wants out!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we shelf this idea and go after Cronk.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah lets concentrate on extending a dying dinosaur's contract and throw away another Thurston. :rolleyes:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh my ****ing god the love for barba in this thread is horrendous

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cooper Cronk please! :D

Status