Canterbury Bulldogs want top-four termination clause in new Des Hasler contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You mean the same Bellamy who cheated the cap by an astronnomical amount as was still allowed to keep the players he obtained breaching the cap to this day?
Yes that's right.

Something else Melbourne got through all the cheating was big game including grand final experience for guys like Slater, Cronk and Smith. Such experience is invaluable and should never be underestimated.

I think that experience was a big factor in Storm defeating us in the 2012 GF (and for Cronk and Smith it may well be the little extra edge that gets them another premiership today).

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice, if by "termination" they actually mean by firing squad, I wouldn't have an issue with it.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we won the GF next year or in 2018 we'd be the weakest team to ever do it. The clubs recruitment is the worst in the business considering we are supposed to be fairly rich.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we won the GF next year or in 2018 we'd be the weakest team to ever do it. The clubs recruitment is the worst in the business considering we are supposed to be fairly rich.
Although i am happy for the sharks- i feel gutted it was not us.
Barba, ennis enjoying success because we r shit arrogant.
Hasler telling enniss he wont have success elsewhere and ennis proving him wrong.

Fuk u hasler

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hear its only 2 year extension,so the top 4 clause b4 2018 bullshit doesnt really matter its nothing but a load of crap just to keep fans thinking that they doing something

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just a silly clause. It's like inserting a no farting clause into Kasiano's 5 year contract.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Chaos seems to follow Hasler.
None of what is going on should be a surprise to anyone, just look at how he left Manly and the ongoing issues with the board there.
i foresee this happening next year. or even possibly during the season. we all know we're going to have a lean 2017 and he wont be able to handle the criticism, so he'll walk and leave a trail of destruction behind him. the writings on the wall.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None of what is going on should be a surprise to anyone, just look at how he left Manly and the ongoing issues with the board there.
The difference will be that manly got 2 premierships and we'll have zero. Now we'll have a broken club with nothing to show for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I could of sworn there was a few of us on here that called him fucking us up as he did to Manly.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I'm expecting this to turn into a mad shit fight and tbh I would be more than happy to see the back of him sooner rather than later.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf whats his record, 2 gf wins in 12 years with quality sides. The only supercoach in the NRL is Bellamy, under that you have Bennett then the likes of Green, Arthur etc
Bellamy is well helped by 2 captain coaches on field and Green has 2 former NRL coaches by his side and the best player in the world steering his team around.

The only coach I rate is Arthur, his got a very good apprenticeship and has done some great work out at Parra.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bellamy is well helped by 2 captain coaches on field and Green has 2 former NRL coaches by his side and the best player in the world steering his team around.

The only coach I rate is Arthur, his got a very good apprenticeship and has done some great work out at Parra.
Mate you can have all the talent in the world but without the right coach you won't win anything, Look at Bellamy, every player he coaches would tell you how much he has improved them. Cronk has come out and said without Bellamy he wouldn't be as good as he is, Bromwich has also said that he would be half the player without Bellamy, take a player like Finucane, under Des he was a good player that had an error in him, under Bellamy he has turned into a great player and is a more disciplined player.

Watch this video and see they team morale Bellamy has created within the playing group -

As for Green, JT has been with the Cow for 11 years now and hasn't been able to win the comp until Green took over, Players like Morgan have come out and said how much Green has improved him as a player etc.

Arthur is an amazing coach to be able to get his player motivated after this year and it seems like a lot of players love to play for him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate you can have all the talent in the world but without the right coach you won't win anything, Look at Bellamy, every player he coaches would tell you how much he has improved them. Cronk has come out and said without Bellamy he wouldn't be as good as he is, Bromwich has also said that he would be half the player without Bellamy, take a player like Finucane, under Des he was a good player that had an error in him, under Bellamy he has turned into a great player and is a more disciplined player.

Watch this video and see they team morale Bellamy has created within the playing group -

As for Green, JT has been with the Cow for 11 years now and hasn't been able to win the comp until Green took over, Players like Morgan have come out and said how much Green has improved him as a player etc.

Arthur is an amazing coach to be able to get his player motivated after this year and it seems like a lot of players love to play for him.
I agree with what your saying as I'm not suggesting they're shit coaches just pointing out these coaches are well helped by what and who they have around them. That is why I consider Arthur to be just as good and will prob be better as he has done well with what he has.

In regards to Hasler well he is a good coach and has been for many years but its obvious he has lost his way. I hope he jumps back on track and can win the players back with the sort of footy they played in 2012.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best post ever. We need you in a position of power with the club, not a fat dyke.

Can't believe they would give him a 2 year contract especially after our last 2 seasons being failures. Yet they think yeh what ever, 1 top 4 in 5 years is good enough. Let's just say if he doesn't make the top 4 he is under review..... we haven't been a contender since 2012 (2014 we were lucky to get a easier finals run to make a gf) yet our management are happy with that.

Like you said put a gf clause in there. And double his salary if he wins it. I'm sure he wouldn't keep the same game plan for 5 years if his pay was performance based.
Des has always been known as a tight arse with cash so make his salary performance based and reward him for actually winning a comp not sort of getting nearish or closish, win or base pay for results...I'm sure we would see a very different game plan then

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des has always been known as a tight arse with cash so make his salary performance based and reward him for actually winning a comp not sort of getting nearish or closish, win or base pay for results...I'm sure we would see a very different game plan then
Exactly. Win lose or draw he gets him million bux.

But if you tell him you will only get your million if you win. Or even say if you get us to the grand final or win it etc you get 2 milllion I guarantee he wouldn't have a spine of hoppa, mbye, Reynolds and lichaa. And nor would he have so much money in the pack and I'm sure he wouldn't be recruiting park footballers as a project to see if he can fix them either.

He would be sweating on every training session, game, injury because it's the difference in getting more money or not which seems like the only thing that motivates him.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
should they sack bellamy for losing a grand final?

Status
Not open for further replies.