Canterbury Bulldogs Player Signings, Re-signings & Rumour Mill: 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They know what they are doing... There will be huge money thrown to Quade Cooper and SBW next year, especially when 2 new franchises will be in the NRL in 2013. SBW or Cooper will be a marketers dream, and outsatanding marquee purchases for any Super Rugby team, any NRL team in particular the new franchises whether its the new second Brisbane team, Perth Reds, Central QLD (Rockhampton) or the Central Coast Bears. I see some hefty pay checks coming to those 2 players.
:grinning: id love to see Quade Cooper at the dogs!!!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol we are the roosters, How old is chambers?

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL Gossip
Queensland Reds Super 14 star Will Chambers has agreed to term with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
24 this month mate
Yes, i think everyone on here thinks that he's older. He hasnt shaken the Rugby League world and hasnt got marquee player status...Honestly i thought he would have been like 34 lol... Just shows that he started young and has achieved a lot. He'll actually be 24 in like 2 weeks so technically he's 23 lol. He is a good player as his resume states (hard to fill Idris' shoes but you never know) but im not sure if rugby union has softened him up a bit. He might find it hard to quickly adapt to the toughness of the NRL. Is he our answer for our centre position next year?

Full name:. William Chambers

Born:........26 May 1987 (1987-05-26) (age 23) Gove, Northern Territory, Australia

Height:.....188 cm (6 ft 2 in)

Weight:....100 kg (15 st 4 lb)

_____________________________*Chambers is born in the Northern Territory, same as Ben Barba!!_______________________________________

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL Gossip
Queensland Reds Super 14 star Will Chambers has agreed to term with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
Wow. That's accurate. It's not even the Super 14 any more - "Super Rugby" since the Rebels came in.

Not saying the story isn't true. NRL Gossip does seem to be reasonable as far as rumour mills go, but getting basic facts wrong doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
FFs im gunna be pissed if we go throw dollars at someone to replace Idris when we have a potential superstar in Lafai ready to go. Lafai deserves better.

Imagine busting your guts to play for the club, getting a shot at FG in which you were awesome, only to be replaced by a code hopping yawnion player. Id leave the club if i was him.

It would be a rare recruiting farkup if true.

That being said every week there is a new rumoured replacement for Idris in the press, so i dont take it too seriously.

Maybe we are going too far with this recruiting. Will the juniors ever get a shot at FG if we keep importing?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Listen Up. My cousin's dad's brother's son's brothers friend's cousin works at the Hot Dog stand at the Reds and he told me he is not coming.

/thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So we want Hopoate AND Chambers? Lafai will never play 1st grade then. He'll end up at the Titans with Idris and Seizer.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Chambers isn't going to be bought to play NSW Cup and they ain't going to pay $350,000 a year for a winger.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt hoppa will get anywhere near reaching his full potential on the wing. But the thing is he wont get the fullback jersey at Parra, the dogs or Manly any time soon. So he might go to the highest bidder and if you believe the media we have put a 330k+ offer to him. Maybe with the John Ibrahim ties roosters might be a chance too (thats why they are dumping a few players due to "Salary Cap" complications).

On Chambers, if the rumors are true good luck to him. He is a couple of days younger then me :p lol so he should have atleast another good 20 years infront of him in the NRL :p lol
Nah but on a serious side he is a big boy (188cm and over 100kg) so he will bring some size back to the right side. He may have a combination with Turner too (maybe turner was the catalyst behind the acquisition) I doubt he can go any worse then Idris (especially defensivly) may not be as damaging a ball runner but should have quicker acceleration and turning circle then queen mary 2 (aka Idris)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Do not want

Signed
President of the Lafai fan club

stueymclaugh

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Chambers isn't going to be bought to play NSW Cup and they ain't going to pay $350,000 a year for a winger.
Touche, it should be one or the other and young hopa is wasted on the wing. Heard that Chamber is pretty much a done deal, a bloke told me he heard it from his relo's in Gove NT, however this was told to me whilst sitting in a departure lounge bar by random bloke never met before whilst enjoying beers and watching cowgirls capitulate against St Merge. And.... to upset a lot of people on here I'd like to see Lafai on the wing outside Morris and another quality centre like Young Hopa or Chamber in the other centre spot, that is as long as Chambers can handle the return to League after his holiday in union, if he could repeat the form he showed before leaving storm and keep developing we will be on a winner otherwise sell him to Eels they will probably pay him $700,000 and think they got a bargain.
Does any one know Chambers injury history, dodgy memory thinks he may have had a blow out for Reds.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why are ppl so sure hopoate is a chance of coming here? I doubt it very much

And why would be buy him? Why would Hopa give up a starting spot for Manly to play NSW cup for us, with the odd first grade start when ppl get injured. TBH hes alright but hes not getting any of my jizz.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopoate wont play NSW Cup for any team.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Why are ppl so sure hopoate is a chance of coming here? I doubt it very much

And why would be buy him? Why would Hopa give up a starting spot for Manly to play NSW cup for us, with the odd first grade start when ppl get injured. TBH hes alright but hes not getting any of my jizz.
Lol if Hopa signed with us he would be in the top grade 110% whether it be on the wing or centers but that's IF we get him

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopa will prob go to Parra if he goes to the highest bidder , and i read some where that greenberg said we will not be getting into a bidding war with other clubs over Hopa.

IF chambers come to the dogs possibly :

Chambers to replace Idris and Lafai replace Goodwin??

Status
Not open for further replies.