News Canterbury Bulldogs 2021 NRL season preview: New signings key to reigniting club’s fortunes

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally a journo talking sense. Hoppa is not at FB and Lewis isn't in the side. I can live with that
Yeah, but he has wakham in the team.
I rate Lewis over wahkam everyday of the week.
Especially with Kyle Flano in the team taking the rains.
Lewis at 5-8 makes more sence to me.
His long kicking game, and tackling alone adds more to the team than angthing Wakham can offer.

Id rather we get Bunji for a year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
His long kicking game, and tackling alone adds more to the team than angthing Wakham can offer.

Flanagan will be doing the majority of the kicking, especially long range, he needs a runner next to him. Averillo's the only one that I can see filling this role, unless we get Burton early.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan will be doing the majority of the kicking, especially long range, he needs a runner next to him. Averillo's the only one that I can see filling this role, unless we get Burton early.
Yeah I agree with all that except the only other option would be BBO if given a chance at 6 which is a long shot but who knows if he is elevated and trains the house down.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis the worst possible partner, on face value, for Flanno.

Can't run.
Can't pass.
Can't play support or back up.

Baz a miracle worker if he can turn him into a running 5/8 outside a controlling halfback but good luck with it.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Anyone that wants Lewis in the team is clueless!!!

Lewis over anyone is silly silly silly

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah mate I can't agree with that. I'd rather Wakehman over Lewis all day every day
Hopefully with Penrith signing Salmon as a backup 5/8 it means we get Burton early because the thought of Wakeham or Lewis at 5/8 is just depressing

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis cannot be starting half with Flanagan because Lewis will try and be the dominant half and it will not go down well with Flanagan..
That comes down to coaches instructions I remember last year jmk always passed to lewis ,I suspect thats one of pays masterstrokes ,pretty sure tbaz will be giving instructions for flanno to get it mostly