**Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs: A Crisis in Leadership and Culture**

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Scary thing is feels like this team is completely incapable of bouncing back from a performance like this. Players look cooked, coach and captain judging by the press conference are oblivious on how to fix it. We are also about to enter a brutal 3 week stretch. Things could get very ugly for the club.
No one wanted to tackle or get injured because they were thinking about their futures in Rugby League and where they could potentially get a good 3 or 4 years contract at. I’d do the same if no one else cared.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team is a shambles no doubt. The thing that is missing is we do not have anyone who can recognise talent, and that includes Gould.
Have a look at the players who were considered not good enough for the Bulldogs. They are killing it in First Grade with other teams.
Have a look at the recruits we signed. They are little better than average.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Scary thing is feels like this team is completely incapable of bouncing back from a performance like this. Players look cooked, coach and captain judging by the press conference are oblivious on how to fix it. We are also about to enter a brutal 3 week stretch. Things could get very ugly for the club.
Good. More booing and more boycotting from the fans that the NRL and the club will have to see in sadness. If the Belmore game sells out which it usually does but doubts now it could get ugly with the booing and banners and shit hopefully

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I’m just sick of all the talk of it being a development process and the long plan result. It’s like these clowns don’t care about now at all. Yeah they wanna win games now but they aren’t acting like it. I’ve lost complete interest in watching game a now. I switched off yesterday before half time
Not much of a supporter then. Bad times make you enjoy the good times even more.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Good. More booing and more boycotting from the fans that the NRL and the club will have to see in sadness. If the Belmore game sells out which it usually does but doubts now it could get ugly with the booing and banners and shit hopefully
Whats the club going to do? Make people not get injured. Age those young boys so they feel they have 100 NRL games under there belts? There is no easy answer, it's just about plugging away and hopefully in the offseason we can get the fitness and power into our game.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can enjoy NHL, NFL, NBA and the premier league instead. NRL is dead now. Just don’t have the same interest as I used to. Much prefer American sports. Will always keep an eye on the dogs but that is about it
American sports is rife with match fixing and players who don’t care. NBA players at the strip club etc. that’s just sport these days

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much of a supporter then. Bad times make you enjoy the good times even more.
Will always support them but I’m not going to give up daily plans to watch them anymore like I used to when they are playing like shit and coach picking the same players and using same excuses every week.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Falling on deaf ears as far as I can see.
After 70+ years as a fan, I couldn't be bothered to piss on them if they were on fire.

I'd be happy to see the club kicked out of the comp, so I can sleep at night not worrying about how bad next weekend will be.
Hang in there Chris. Like a good 422 class, we'll be back.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say it but I'd rather see the club fold NOW and remember the good times than see us keep getting thrashed each and every week. I can't take this for year after year any longer. I remember a time before Desball when I'd watched every single game. These days I find something better to do with my day, I later check the scores and then if we won or go close I watch the replay. I actually get more enjoyment out of watching other teams play because there's no pressure - no anger. The result doesn't bother me.

The so called "real fans" who keep going on about to be a real fan you have to take all the bad with the good probably like watching the Saw movies and any other movie involving torture. I'm a bit over that type of shit.

Would you chose to keep watching bad movies if you know they're gonna be bad ? At least you might get a laugh out of some but I don't find the Dogs playing shit funny either.
Agree too many people are happy with just losing now it’s unacceptable. I don’t watch many of any of our games anymore yesterday being an exception and was horrified. It’s a sad realisation when you an many of us alike have to watch other teams play to enjoy a footy game it’s the same rubbish excuse for way to long something’s gotta change or it’s gonna be a shit fight for a lot longer

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can enjoy NHL, NFL, NBA and the premier league instead. NRL is dead now. Just don’t have the same interest as I used to. Much prefer American sports. Will always keep an eye on the dogs but that is about it
Those teams make me happy. Used to be the opposite where Dogs would and the rest sucked but roles have reversed thankgod

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If sexton looks the goods throw 1.2 at Haas and Tino