Canterbury Alliance

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[emoji599] CANTERBURY ALLIANCE [emoji599]
[emoji438] From Daily Telegraph

Canterbury have forged an alliance with their namesakes across the Tasman as they look to accelerate their rebuild by tapping into the New Zealand market.

The Bulldogs’ alliance with Canterbury Rugby League - confirmed earlier this week - will involve a series of camps on the south island of New Zealand aimed at unearthing future stars who slip through the Warriors guard.

The Bulldogs have a rich history in New Zealand - Sonny Bill Williams, Nigel Vagana, Darryl Halligan and Jarrod McCracken.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A forgotten region full of talent.

Most people don't know this, but a few months ago St Thomas College in Canterbury was the first High School outside of Auckland to win a comp in 23 years. That's massive.

Most don't understand what's going on outside our First Grade side, but the things we're doing with our existing junior base, Fiji, Canterbury in NZ and South-West Queensland is going to be lauded in the next few years. The rewards will come.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most people don't know this, but a few months ago St Thomas College in Canterbury was the first High School outside of Auckland to win a comp in 23 years. That's massive.

Most don't understand what's going on outside our First Grade side, but the things we're doing with our existing junior base, Fiji, Canterbury in NZ and South-West Queensland is going to be lauded in the next few years. The rewards will come.
So teams from the south island have to play against the whole country? I guess they aren’t as league mad as here so that would make sense.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That school is killing it in League and Basketball

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love the endless pathways stuff. Serious question though, what is the clubs bottom line coming out of all of this. Whilst I agree with all proceedings, this comes with a cost. Winning will inevitably create profits, yet concerned how much we splashing also

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the endless pathways stuff. Serious question though, what is the clubs bottom line coming out of all of this. Whilst I agree with all proceedings, this comes with a cost. Winning will inevitably create profits, yet concerned how much we splashing also
The joys of owning poker machines means we shouldn't have to worry about cash flow too much.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Gus done the same thing at Penrith and roosters. It all costs, Gus would only do the job if the club invested into development. Penrith stopped investing into their juniors before Gus go there. Even with the talent in the area there wasn’t investment in programs and coaches . Sister programs set up in the west. That’s the long term approach. No doubt this will be costing millions but it’s an investment and with his 2 previous clubs you see the return.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Serious question though, what is the clubs bottom line coming out of all of this. Whilst I agree with all proceedings, this comes with a cost.
I was thinking the same thing actually. All this development we are doing, running clinics and supporting different clubs etc, must cost a fortune. I’m not wondering how we’re paying for it, just trust that it’s off the back of excellent work by Warburton, Gus, Khoury, the Laundys et al. Our sponsorship is going off and it seems like more kids are involved with pathways than ever before.

We really are in a very good position, it’s just the onfield NRL we need to strengthen to be a powerhouse again.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pathways are like your avatar.. you can’t say no!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Awesome stuff… Gus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus done the same thing at Penrith and roosters. It all costs, Gus would only do the job if the club invested into development. Penrith stopped investing into their juniors before Gus go there. Even with the talent in the area there wasn’t investment in programs and coaches . Sister programs set up in the west. That’s the long term approach. No doubt this will be costing millions but it’s an investment and with his 2 previous clubs you see the return.
Exactly, well said mate ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Problem with this is we might unearth the next Foran or Sonny bill and bring them to the system but if they don’t want to leave Nz the warriors will just take them
Like how cuckoo bird do
Makes the other bird raise they babies and then taken them after they been fed and grow

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d like to see a pathway set up in Cumbria in England as appaelrentyl the region is League mad but they don’t have a club side
Surely we get a few from that?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see a pathway set up in Cumbria in England as appaelrentyl the region is League mad but they don’t have a club side
Surely we get a few from that?
But like the cuckoo bird they may want to stay in England and play for an English team so don’t bother ..