Canterbury Alliance

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But like the cuckoo bird they may want to stay in England and play for an English team so don’t bother ..
Yes same with NZ! Moreso because they can earn serious Lebanese money with the warriors
Cumbrians have the incentive of Aussie sun and nrl money
That or 80k to play for castelford tigers

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes same with NZ! Moreso because they can earn serious Lebanese money with the warriors
Cumbrians have the incentive of Aussie sun and nrl money
That or 80k to play for castelford tigers
Maybe consider what the pound is worth compared to the Aussie dollar lil Mickey ..

Plus if they were good enough to come play Nrl they’re probably good enough to be picked for any English club and be paid a lot more than 80k ..

lil Mickey not thinking this morning ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe consider what the pound is worth compared to the Aussie dollar lil Mickey ..

Plus if they were good enough to come play Nrl they’re probably good enough to be picked for any English club and be paid a lot more than 80k ..

Nate dogg told me taht england is good if u get them young so why not? It’s a league region with no club so isn’t that what we want?
Another Herb or Dom ?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The joys of owning poker machines means we shouldn't have to worry about cash flow too much.
Are poker machines as profitable as they once were?? With online gambling etc., I can see pokies becoming less profitable by the day.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are poker machines as profitable as they once were?? With online gambling etc., I can see pokies becoming less profitable by the day.
They still seem pretty popular. I'd guess different people favor different methods of gambling.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i recall something like this being set up in Canterbury NZ a few years ago? Maybe covid ended it?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

In England it’s about 80k per player
Remember they cap is low
And some teams tightass up on they squad and money all to save money. There’s no 95% min spend sometimes they have to cut costs to stay afloat

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In England it’s about 80k per player
Remember they cap is low
And some teams tightass up on they squad and money all to save money. There’s no 95% min spend sometimes they have to cut costs to stay afloat
You sure do know a lot about the English league ...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You sure do know a lot about the English league ...
I’m a scholar of the game.
I keep tabs on footy everywhere.
What I love about English league is it’s complicated history. Was a target of ww2 and coordinated political attacks by rugby Union which has directly led to a ‘U.S. v them’ mentality between the north and the south.
League isn’t that popular over there but it’s part of their dna and they protect it on a cultural level.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Problem with this is we might unearth the next Foran or Sonny bill and bring them to the system but if they don’t want to leave Nz the warriors will just take them
Like how cuckoo bird do
Makes the other bird raise they babies and then taken them after they been fed and grow
SBW played for the dogs, they will play for us if we sign the best up on a train and trial 3 year contract when they 16

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW played for the dogs, they will play for us if we sign the best up on a train and trial 3 year contract when they 16
We only got a couple of years out of him before he went back to NZ rugby Union via France

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Problem with this is we might unearth the next Foran or Sonny bill and bring them to the system but if they don’t want to leave Nz the warriors will just take them
Like how cuckoo bird do
Makes the other bird raise they babies and then taken them after they been fed and grow

So we can trade them for AFB... :tonguewink:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only got a couple of years out of him before he went back to NZ rugby Union via France
Smack !! …

this is huge … it’s big big news ….

We didn’t know this ..

Please tell us more oh wise one …