Burton at 7 is working

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I meant 50’ to nil
Yeah I know - I was more saying we leaked a hell of a lot of points.

I was under orders to finish the washing up before kickoff and missed the first 60 seconds or whatever of the game. I turned the game on when the last tackle bomb was in the air. The very first play I saw was 4 Bulldogs players letting 1 Canberra player- Rapana - have the ball on a platter for a try. It really gave me the sh*ts and was not a good sign for what was to follow in the game

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton at 7 is actually working pretty well, and given how many things aren't working pretty well right now, I'm happy for it to remain. Let's try and fix other stuff around it and give this a chance to grow and mature for a while.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This was a good move by CC IMO, long term?
I am not sure, but if he can improve his game management and keep improving his game then long term he and KO could be a very good long term halves pairing. One thing is for sure we are lot better side with burton at seven over flange.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He could of played better but Mahoney kept going short side on the right to oloapu and Reynolds in the later stages. I think burton could be a great 7 and that means money can be spent on other positions that need strengthening. Hopefully TPJ keeps getting in Haas’ ear!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton is a Top centre and a good 5/8.. he isnt a 7..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How bout the ***** on here who were saying he wasn’t a half lol

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Obviously the positional change only coame about because Flanno failed to fire - but curious to hear people’s thoughts on whether it’s worth persisting with beyond this season? Our attack looks good with him in the 7.
Yes attack has improved, but his defence is very ordinary.......at least flanagan tackled.........you can't have 2 halves playing together if the are both poor in defence.....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We could of used his running game, but it looked like he shelved it after the Dragqueens game, for some stupid reason.

His running game is more dangerous than his big bomb that works once out of every 20 kicks.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We could of used his running game, but it looked like he shelved it after the Dragqueens game, for some stupid reason.

His running game is more dangerous than his big bomb that works once out of every 20 kicks.
Was at the game and Raider had a lot of space outwide when a quick play the ball was being shifted. Perfect opportunity for a step into that space and a palm on a shitty defender and bang try but he often went with the kick first thing. It might of worked a fair bit last night with the kicking but he even himself forgets when to run and not to run

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patience. Still putting more points on the board

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton needs to learn to use his shoulder same as Okunbor love the jersey grabbing so good.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Runs at the wrong time and passes when he should run way too often

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s the best half out our club at the moment. But I still think he’s a better centre. As much as I have tried to avoid saying it. He really is

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s killing it.. looks more dangerous running through the middle than he does the edge.. hopefully he stays there.. he’ll get better at guiding the troops around

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is he’s more active in the play now and they’re scoring points off it. It’s not perfect for sure but looks much better.It’s the mistakes and soft as butter defence that let the side down last night