Bulldogs vs cows match thread

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't read after this knobs first sentence...

Lol, hardcore fan but his avatar is South Sydney Bulldogs.....fuck off dickhead, you're nothing but a troll and a fraud. Go support Fatrell with your single toothed brothers. Can't believe they let you put a South Sydney Bulldog emblem with those wankers colours diminishing the Blue and White. Do you go on their website and put the Canterbury Rabbits in Blue and White...ya flog!
South’s Bullldogs is my fantasy and if I went to the burrow I would tell them the same.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's is what it is and most of us do it to some extent. The reality is that Ciraldo seems to actually know what he's doing considering he has taken this injury hit team with plenty of problems to a 3-2 start for the year. Averillo has played a major part in this and has been key to our attack contributing a try, 3 try assists, 4 line breaks 4 line break assists, 16 tackle breaks and 538m. He's also almost always pushing up in support when we make a break regardless of where the break is made on the field. Yes he's got issues but the constant crying for him to get dropped is insane. If our halves had numbers anywhere near that good we're sitting 4-1 to start the year.
Averillo is the least of our problems imo. We are 3-2 to start the season FFS (should be 4-1).

A few seasons ago we couldn't even win 3 games for the entire season lol.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo is the least of our problems imo. We are 3-2 to start the season FFS (should be 4-1).

A few seasons ago we couldn't even win 3 games for the entire season lol.
Wouls helter Skelton be better?
Only question

We do need to shave centres from our squad next year.
Burns the obviosu desth but is averillo on the block too?
Cos we have Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton and Declan.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouls helter Skelton be better?
Only question

We do need to shave centres from our squad next year.
Burns the obviosu desth but is averillo on the block too?
Cos we have Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton and Declan.
There's a possibility Xerri might not start round 1 as he has been out of the game for so long. Averillo is off contract and I don't see him extending unless he has a starting spot.

Skelton has untapped potential but I see him as second rower in the future.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a possibility Xerri might not start round 1 as he has been out of the game for so long. Averillo is off contract and I don't see him extending unless he has a starting spot.

Skelton has untapped potential but I see him as second rower in the future.
I think we might have too many back row options atm

RFM
Kikau
Preston
Sutton
Waddell
Okunbor
Morrin
Hoffman
Retchfords
Turahuri
Davey
Kaotoga

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Because they've decided they dislike him and only want to highlight every little error he makes and ignore any positives. Personally I think he's playing though a injury, his mobility looks hindered and can't say I've seen him really step off his right foot like he normally would. Maybe some people might get their wish and he's gone over the next few weeks or maybe Ciraldo wants him in the 13 that bad so he keeps playing him.
So you agree he’s been playing pretty shit and now suspect an injury?

I don’t hate him. He’s just not nrl standard.

He’s tried several positions and had issues at all. Largely defensively. He’s a fucking liability.

He has very freakish ability in attack but with xerri and Crichton coming he’s not in our best backline and I suspect it’s time to see Skelton force his way in. He has defensive issues too but he is a beast with the ball.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I just spent the last 15mins going through every page of this thread since kick off today..
Fuck me drunk!!!
Some of you absolute fucking muppets know nothing about rugby league..
Just absolutely smashing our team like you were secretly trolling from another teams forum..
Pretty sure you know who you are..there are plenty of you.
Clearly not aware of ebbs and flows in games.
Clearly not aware that players aren’t robots.
Clearly not aware that heart sometimes wins out over outright talent.
Pissing and moaning about our players and making wild suggestions about retention and recruitment..hahaha
Burton can fuck off…Does nothing…hahahaaha
Every one of our boys has a crack..even Waddell,and I don’t like him.
Every player that steps onto a footy field enters that field knowing that if they don’t give 110%..they can get injured quickly and easily.
Can’t understand how so many of you can question the players hearts.
Quick question to the wise…
Isn’t it the opposition supporters that are meant to belittle,insult and disparage our players??
Anyone that can’t see our team has made improvements under CC,and that we are going in the right direction..needs to up their meds.
Too right. I won't read this weeks thread. I went to the game with an open mind, excited to see our team have a go. They didn't disappoint. The boys busted their ass. Cannot fault anyone. Nor did I think anyone was not giving their all. It's sport. Ebbs and flows are part of the game. Cowboys game plan, just keep it so tight up the middle was bewildering but that must of been their gameplan so they had nothing without Drinkwater being their pivot.
I wish people who can, go to the game. We just beat the team that last year finished the regular season 3rd. The scenes and noise and high fives and hugs at full time were as emotional I've ever seen at a Dogs game.
The closest start to a season of footy I can ever recall.
Those that can, get to the. Good Friday game and cheer our boys. They will again be busting their gut to make us proud.
I can't wait. Easter Show then the footy. Good Friday in Sydney. Bring it on.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think kiraz has been coming in defending in the centres since last week. Seems to be a good formula. Would show way more if he got quality ball rather than lame hospital pass.
That's why I've been calling for Kiraz/Skelton all year.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good is waking up after a thrilling golden point win?

Thinking about the game after a good sleep and one big thing to take away, besides winning so clutch and gutsy, is that the Cows were very good, particularly in the forwards, where we have many players missing. We were all worried how our pack would go, but I tell ya, they did pretty damned good considering who’s out and losing Ray early.

The game wasn’t the highest of quality but the Cows were good fundam i.e: Strong forward play and good organisation from Townsend. Despite both teams missing several players it was a good, tight tussle.

Plenty of reasons to be positive going into good friday. As long as we mark Walker and Mitchell well, we’ll have every chance of beating the bunnies. Imagining what our pack will look like is a worry though. No Pele and Ox unlikely. No Ray or Kiks… shiiiiit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How good is waking up after a thrilling golden point win?

Thinking about the game after a good sleep and one big thing to take away, besides winning so clutch and gutsy, is that the Cows were very good, particularly in the forwards, where we have many players missing. We were all worried how our pack would go, but I tell ya, they did pretty damned good considering who’s out and losing Ray early.

The game wasn’t the highest of quality but the Cows were good fundam i.e: Strong forward play and good organisation from Townsend. Despite both teams missing several players it was a good, tight tussle.

Plenty of reasons to be positive going into good friday. As long as we mark Walker and Mitchell well, we’ll have every chance of beating the bunnies. Imagining what our pack will look like is a worry though. No Pele and Ox unlikely. No Ray or Kiks… shiiiiit.
If we beat Rabbit that will be one of the greatest wins in the clubs history, we've got half a squad missing at this point lol

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti is in the same boat but most are gushing about him.
Alamoti is putting up far better numbers than Burton last time I checked and he had a match tying touch last night. Without such good hands, we lose that game. Btw, he has played only 5 games.

I have nothing against Averillo, but he cleary is the weakest of our centre/wings. He had more impact at the back and I’d rather him there. Perham could actually be a good centre, but Ciro likes his organisation from the back so he probably won’t change anything.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A hooker made more tackles than a halfback… thanks for the scoop. Lol

The try assist was a lollipop ball onto Preston’s chest that my mum could have thrown and 10 missed tackles is the stiff horror movies are made of, baby.
Goldie ?? The scoop wasn’t that hookers make more tackles than halfbacks … the numbers prove that Reed is just as brave in defence as you think Flanagan is, but coincidently like the politician you are there’s no mention of that, you only focus on the negative ...

The 10 missed tackles I put down to the Cowboys game plan of sending so much traffic at him trying to put him of his game.

Aside from that Reeds in everything he leaves everything out there on the field and is a great # 9 …