Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sound so like there are some promising signs today. I still get a massive lump in my hut when I think of Hoppa at 1. Please someone tell me he will play Sundays? If not he has absolutely no business at fullback and it will gone back and hire us at some point in the season.

Great to hear we seem to have tweaked a few things though. I'll be interested to see round 1.
Couldn't agree more on the Hopps front. If he isn't going to play Sunday it's a MASSIVE concern. The idea of introducing someone new for the finals is crazy. Fingers crossed they have this all worked out

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley would be a good halfback option because we just need our halfback to control the team around the park and kick well. Mbye can't do that.
Frawley cant pass. We can't carry another one who can't pass. It's bad enough having Lichaa and Reynolds without another one.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He showed he can control/organise a game.. would be worth giving him a crack.. Mvyes form at 7 has been poor for a very long time
He's not flashy but organised which has been missing since Hodko

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
last 25 minutes i watched.

no i am not going to calm down , cos i saw the same shit all over again!
Then u pretty much only saw when all the reggies were on and the defence turned off when we hit 28-8. U missed the how we got to 28-8 part. U are speaking out ur butt lol.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys take a listen to Beastwood's post trial match interview on the Dogs website.
He actually says "Hopefully we can talk Des into letting us play a bit of football."

Say no more guys. Ask us after round 8 whether anything has changed.
Says the fat man that plays one good game out of 6 if we are lucky.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was one of our better players today. He chimed into the backline fairly well at times and his kick returns were strong. He also looked quicker but that could of been because of the choppy stream lol
Yeah I'm not doubting he has the potential to play well there. It's more the fact that I think he's going to leave a glaring hole when he doesn't show up on Sunday's and it's not fair up expect someone else to step into the role as his understudy every time he doesn't want up play. Fullback is too important a position to be reshuffling for Sunday games and finals. If Hoppa won't play Sunday's, I just don't want him at 1....don't care how good he was yesterday or how much better he could be. Play Sundays or GTFO Hoppa!

Reactions: DT

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more on the Hopps front. If he isn't going to play Sunday it's a MASSIVE concern. The idea of introducing someone new for the finals is crazy. Fingers crossed they have this all worked out
Yeah mate, I honestly can't see things ending well for us if we persevere with this ridiculous Hoppa at fullback strategy...unless he backflips and agrees to play Sundays. If he doesn't I think Hopoa at fb is a colossal mistake.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But we beat them at Belmore.. and last time they beat us was in 2013? and we just beat them in a trial... we should be favourites
Lucky you're not a bookie.
You don't frame markets based on "bogie teams"
The storm are one of the favorites to win the comp, we'll be lucky to make the finals.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah mate, I honestly can't see things ending well for us if we persevere with this ridiculous Hoppa at fullback strategy...unless he backflips and agrees to play Sundays. If he doesn't I think Hopoa at fb is a colossal mistake.
It's pure insanity if he isn't going to play. Does that mean you scrap set plays involving the fullback come finals or just pray things gel overnight? I'm not silly enough to think this hasn't been thought about but I'd bloody luv to know what the plan is.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on trials and nines my team would be
Mbye
BMoz
JMoz
Lee
Hoppa
Reynolds
Frawley
Graham
Lichaa
Klemmer
Jackson
RFM
Eastwood

Woolford
Tolman
Kasiano
To'Omoga

Fast, ball playing fullback.
Depth in wingers for Sunday's.
Structured halfback who goes to the line.
Can't bring myself to have Tolman and Graham on at the same time.
Bench player to rotate backrow.
Impact utility.
Very good team but we know hasler would never pick this

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, that's weird it does for me it has a button you can click to replay the whole stream. I'm using it on my phone maybe it's different.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitchell Moses
Again i didn't bother watching that game...by reports on here Mbye was a passenger again...how did the combo with Moses go...rumour has it dogs will chase him hard for next year...?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Again i didn't bother watching that game...by reports on here Mbye was a passenger again...how did the combo with Moses go...rumour has it dogs will chase him hard for next year...?
You are correct mbye was 1 of the worst on field.

Status
Not open for further replies.