Bulldogs to make bid for foran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He just wants to go where the moneys at.

Why do we want to sign a player with depression issues anyway?

Their mood can get so affected and it can dramatically swing a game. Depressed people are hugely affected by things and it affects their mental clarity and cause them to act irrationally in some cases.

Personally, I think the NRL should de-register any player that is found to have clinical depression or what not. Its inevitable that these players will bring the game into disrepute or dramatically alter the quality of the matches.

Let Union deal with Foran Wallah.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lolohea doesnt sound happy. He is meeting with managment team today to discuss his future. Has issues with his game but is worth the risk IMO, he's young and dynamic lots of positves. We'd be stupid not to look at him anyway.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lolohea doesnt sound happy. He is meeting with managment team today to discuss his future. Has issues with his game but is worth the risk IMO, he's young and dynamic lots of positves. We'd be stupid not to look at him anyway.
Excellent player but he's another 5/8 that can't control the game. If we pick him up it'll be no different to what we have now. 2 5/8s trying to play halfback.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Excellent player but he's another 5/8 that can't control the game. If we pick him up it'll be no different to what we have now. 2 5/8s trying to play halfback.
MAybe FB then? What ever position I still think he would be a fantastic buy, he brings something to our team that we dont have and thats X factor.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But he can play fb...kinda. And I wouldn't say we have two 5/8s trying to play halfback, Des just doesn't want a halfback lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
MAybe FB then? What ever position I still think he would be a fantastic buy, he brings something to our team that we dont have and thats X factor.
Definitely. I think he'd make an excellent fullback, but unfortunately we're still stuck without a halfback. Pity we couldn't steal Shawn Johnson.

But he can play fb...kinda. And I wouldn't say we have two 5/8s trying to play halfback, Des just doesn't want a halfback lol
Valid point. I wonder if Lolohea is any good at coaching.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He does want to play stand off though. Im sure he wouldnt turn his nose up at a gauranteed FB position though and starting place, something it doesnt look like he will get at the Warriors.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He does want to play stand off though. Im sure he wouldnt turn his nose up at a gauranteed FB position though and starting place, something it doesnt look like he will get at the Warriors.
He will probs end up at the Storm if he leaves anyway. They got a spot available next to Cronk.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Heard on 2GB Brisbane , a one year deal with warriors , waiting for NRL to give it the all clear

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran on an incentive contract would probably be worth the risk - for the reported $600 000 per year - no thanks. If the dogs have anything like that money in the cap better off trying to get the best juniors in key positions from U20s or SGball to move to Belmore - probably get three or four potential quality players. Not all have to work out

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Their mood can get so affected and it can dramatically swing a game. Depressed people are hugely affected by things and it affects their mental clarity and cause them to act irrationally in some cases.

Personally, I think the NRL should de-register any player that is found to have clinical depression or what not. Its inevitable that these players will bring the game into disrepute or dramatically alter the quality of the matches.

This has got to be one of the worst posts I have ever read on TK.

You do know that approximately 1 in 10 Australians are on prescription anti-depressants don't you?

So by your logic, approximately 2.5 players from each 25 man squad should be cut?

Let's put that into context, 40 current NRL players should be de-registered.

I'm also curious how you would screen people for "clinical depression", unlike a broken leg, not quite as easy to work out if someone is affected.

I could go on but I'm a still scratching my head that someone could post something so stupid....

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Bro you sound like the biggest jahash people with depression need help not to be taken away from what they love cause that could be the only thing keeping him alive and stopping him from a mental breakdown which will more likley end up in a suicide

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran on an incentive contract would probably be worth the risk - for the reported $600 000 per year - no thanks. If the dogs have anything like that money in the cap better off trying to get the best juniors in key positions from U20s or SGball to move to Belmore - probably get three or four potential quality players. Not all have to work out
Yeh nah for 600k we should re-sign Williams.

You are kidding if you don't think Foran at 600k is a steal. He was on 1.2mil ffs.

There is talk Mbye is on 700k. A busted, mentally unstable, hamstring injured, partly blind, one arm amputee Foran is better then Mbye.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
600k for a fully fit ready to play no issues on or off field Foran would be great value - but there appear to be issues there yet to be resolved. Mbye on $700k based on what he has done is overs - Foran was on supposedly 1.2mil - that worked out well for Parra, great value for cap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.