Bulldogs didn’t need Foran: Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
MOSES Mbye was prepared to shift to dummy-half had Kieran Foran signed with Canterbury and not the New Zealand Warriors.

But now Foran is hoping to resurrect his NRL career on the other side of the ditch, Mbye believes there is no need for the Dogs to re-enter the market for a star playmaker.

In fact, Mbye says the Bulldogs already have one in Josh Reynolds.

Canterbury were disappointing in attack this season.

Mbye simply said: “we have the structures in place set by the coaching staff, and we just have to apply it’’.

Mbye, who will spend time in the halves and dummy-half in Saturday’s Prime Minister’s XIII clash against Papua New Guinea, said he was never insulted the club had pursued Foran.

Dogs fans will be concerned how their club plan to overhaul their attack and do so without a big-name signing.

“If Kieran had come to the club, it would have been a good test for either myself or Josh to hold our position there,’’ Mbye told The Saturday Telegraph.

“I’m a versatile player, and if Kieran had come here I could have ended up in a different position.

“Hooker has been thrown up, and I’m getting a bit of a run there this weekend. Mal views me as that kind of player who can tick off a few boxes positionally.

“Now Kieran isn’t coming, we’ll see what happens. I’m at home in the halves at the moment. Our guru ‘Dessie’ will sort that stuff out.’’

Mbye said he and Reynolds had been “very competitive’’ all year, but the early exit from the NRL finals race meant it was inevitable they’d be blamed

“But I don’t think we need a big playmaker,’’ Mbye said.

“I think we’ve got one. Josh Reynolds is a big playmaker, he’s played Origin, won an Origin series, played in two grand finals, and played in the PM’s XIII.

“If you look at his resume, you have to class him as a big player.’’

Mbye let his frustrations boil over in the week-one finals loss to Penrith and took it out on under-fire No.9 Michael Lichaa.

“We were under the pump and chasing points, and I wanted the ball and didn’t get it,’’ Mbye said.

“’Leech’ had a good season, he applied what he was told to apply and he did that. I said to ‘Leech’ ‘no hard feelings’. He’s one of my best mates.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...5c619d7cbefad6627e27384fbc&memtype=registered

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
MOSES Mbye was prepared to shift to dummy-half had Kieran Foran signed with Canterbury and not the New Zealand Warriors.

But now Foran is hoping to resurrect his NRL career on the other side of the ditch, Mbye believes there is no need for the Dogs to re-enter the market for a star playmaker.

In fact, Mbye says the Bulldogs already have one in Josh Reynolds.

Canterbury were disappointing in attack this season.

Mbye simply said: “we have the structures in place set by the coaching staff, and we just have to apply it’’.

Mbye, who will spend time in the halves and dummy-half in Saturday’s Prime Minister’s XIII clash against Papua New Guinea, said he was never insulted the club had pursued Foran.

Dogs fans will be concerned how their club plan to overhaul their attack and do so without a big-name signing.

“If Kieran had come to the club, it would have been a good test for either myself or Josh to hold our position there,’’ Mbye told The Saturday Telegraph.

“I’m a versatile player, and if Kieran had come here I could have ended up in a different position.

“Hooker has been thrown up, and I’m getting a bit of a run there this weekend. Mal views me as that kind of player who can tick off a few boxes positionally.

“Now Kieran isn’t coming, we’ll see what happens. I’m at home in the halves at the moment. Our guru ‘Dessie’ will sort that stuff out.’’

Mbye said he and Reynolds had been “very competitive’’ all year, but the early exit from the NRL finals race meant it was inevitable they’d be blamed

“But I don’t think we need a big playmaker,’’ Mbye said.

“I think we’ve got one. Josh Reynolds is a big playmaker, he’s played Origin, won an Origin series, played in two grand finals, and played in the PM’s XIII.

“If you look at his resume, you have to class him as a big player.’’

Mbye let his frustrations boil over in the week-one finals loss to Penrith and took it out on under-fire No.9 Michael Lichaa.

“We were under the pump and chasing points, and I wanted the ball and didn’t get it,’’ Mbye said.

“’Leech’ had a good season, he applied what he was told to apply and he did that. I said to ‘Leech’ ‘no hard feelings’. He’s one of my best mates.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/su...5c619d7cbefad6627e27384fbc&memtype=registered
Translation: "Blame Des the ****"

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This what you would expect a media savvy young player who is comfortable in front of the media to say. If he truly believes that propaganda, then there is a problem.
Reynolds is an energy player who gives everything every game, but he is not a big playmaker and would not make most NRL team lists. IMO, he is a utility player off the bench, who can play halves/hooker or a floating role to inject something when needed.

’Leech’ had a good season, he applied what he was told to apply and he did that.
This quote is another public dig at Des and his system

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking structures, that's the fucking problem

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SHUT UP MOSES!!

YOU HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH CHANCES TO TAKE CONTROL IN GAMES THIS YEAR AND STAND UP AND IT NEVER HAPPENED!!

Instead you went missing in action. That's not a game plan, that's not a structure, that's you being unable to play.

Sick of these pricks talking shit in the papers.
Shut up, shut your mouth and start playing football.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well he didnt do a good enough job of it. The clown also said "we have the structures we just need to apply them" LOL. He also said we have a "big playmaker" when talking about Grub lmao. He was clearly drunk when giving this interview.
Moses isn't a clown tbh.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
X Factor that never gets time with the ball is a waste of X Factor isn't it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our guru ‘Dessie’ will sort that stuff out.’’
“’Leech’ had a good season, he applied what he was told to apply and he did that.
Des wont be happy.....if he's a subscriber to the telecrap

surely the players are fed up with copping it for our style of play due to Dessie's structures and being left hung out to dry by Des to cop all the blame......if Des was as protective of the players as claimed surely he'd come out and say that the players applied his orders (structures) as they were told to

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is coming from a guy who by his assessment had a good year this year and is looking forward to developing next year. Buckle up guys we are in for one hell of a ride the next few years, if things don't change, we're going to have a lot of " this has to be the worst .............. In NRL history" moments!

Dw

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2017 hasn't even begun and there already talking shit

Status
Not open for further replies.