Bulldogs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we all in agreement here on the kennel that we want her gone.
I don't particularly mind if she stays or goes, but getting rid of her won't solve any of our problems IMO. Until Des and Dib go...we will be up shit creek. Des and Dib are the root of our problems and nothing short of getting rid of one (or preferably both) will do.

I personally think she has walked into a thankless situation where a clueless board has given a stubborn, pig headed coach too much control and under the circumstances, I think she's done a decent job.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Firstly, I can't believe this is a real thread.
Secondly we will sign Mitchell Moses

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't see Des changing.

Some poster on here (too9u?) said that the board wasn't happen with simply making the finals (or the top 4?). Can't remember exactly. The pressure was on. On top of that, everyone was expecting Des to change something during the Panthers finals game last year. And nothing. No change. Didn't give a toss about the "board pressure". He just stuck his stubborn outdated game, no matter the cost.
No offence, but as if you all of a sudden change at finals time. It takes weeks to get you running like a well oiled machine, not a week. So even if he wanted too (probs not) it would have still ended in a loss.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im prayin we get Mitchell moses, realllly like this kid. Think he'll lead the blues in the not too far future

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im prayin we get Mitchell moses, realllly like this kid. Think he'll lead the blues in the not too far future
I like Moses and think his a really good player but he doesn't really make me confident of leading a side to grand final

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Moses and think his a really good player but he doesn't really make me confident of leading a side to grand final
He's young very skillful and has a shitload of confidence. Not a bad start. He'll be a gun at his peak.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's young very skillful and has a shitload of confidence. Not a bad start. He'll be a gun at his peak.
Hopefully I do really like him, his becoming the player we thought Brooks would become.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would be nice to steal Brodie Croft off Storm and Mitchell Moses or Kane Elgey
1. Mbye
6. Moses / Elgey
7. Croft
9. Woolford
Would be a sweet spine

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Mbye
6. Moses / Elgey
7. Croft
9. Woolford
Would be a sweet spine
Croft makes one or two line breaks in a game of nine a side and he's our solution to halfback? C'mon guys. I do, however, like the way Mitch Moses is developing..definitely a star of the future, he's proven that in the NRL.

It must be echoed again that if our playing style doesn't change, even JT can't help us.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No offence, but as if you all of a sudden change at finals time. It takes weeks to get you running like a well oiled machine, not a week. So even if he wanted too (probs not) it would have still ended in a loss.
None taken. The writing was on the wall for at least 2 years.. and the pressure accelerated particularly in the second half of last year (even our wins were horrible against lowly opposition, and then we dropped out of the top 4 in such a horrible way too) .... and he did not do a single thing differently. So yes, he has more than "weeks" too change it up. Instead what we got was an outdated, boring style of football that stuck it right up to every single Bulldog fan.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None taken. The writing was on the wall for at least 2 years.. and the pressure accelerated particularly in the second half of last year (even our wins were horrible against lowly opposition, and then we dropped out of the top 4 in such a horrible way too) .... and he did not do a single thing differently. So yes, he has more than "weeks" too change it up. Instead what we got was an outdated, boring style of football that stuck it right up to every single Bulldog fan.
I dont think there was any real pressure on him. I think there is now however, and the first few weeks will tell us in the way we play.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I dont think there was any real pressure on him. I think there is now however, and the first few weeks will tell us in the way we play.
I don't think des cares he will get his money and go to the Dragons.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he will go (hope so), but I dont think he doesnt care. I think thats TK spin tbh. He's a career coach, he wants to win. You dont get a better coaching record than every coach in the game, bar Bennet, because you dont care.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Straight swap for Reynolds on the right edge and Des won't have to change a thing.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope not....if he does we will have a couple of very important players that will follow him, one being David Klemmer.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Mbye
6. Moses / Elgey
7. Croft
9. Woolford
Would be a sweet spine
I have seen this in the Crystal ball LOL
for 2018
Coach Ivan Cleary " No like"
1. J. Tedesco
6. J. Reynolds
7. N. Cleary
9. Z. Woolford
But couldn't tell who is braking his contract

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have seen this in the Crystal ball LOL
for 2018
Coach Ivan Cleary " No like"
1. J. Tedesco
6. J. Reynolds
7. N. Cleary
9. Z. Woolford
But couldn't tell who is braking his contract
Reynolds will go before Mbye does.

I think we'll land one of either Tedesco or Moses but would be astounded if we got both.

1. Tedesco
2. B Moz (Final season)
3. J Moz (Final season)
4. B Lee
5. Montoya / Smith
6. Mbye
7. Moses

9. Woolford

Status
Not open for further replies.