Bulldogs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Are we going to see a new Bulldogs line up in 2018 or is des going to be resigned and have the same team as this year?

There's about 10 halves available in 2018 and I'm hoping we land one.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Most likely same halves moses mbye and josh Reynolds only see dogs buying a high price back or forward rumours are we are chasing tedesco hard

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we going to see a new Bulldogs line up in 2018 or is des going to be resigned and have the same team as this year?

There's about 10 halves available in 2018 and I'm hoping we land one.
Hopefully Des is gone by Round 2 2017 and in 2018 i hope we have an established Fullback & Hooker.

Mbye & Reynolds are not the issue. The issue is Des made our strongest link to the weakest link in the game, and that was getting rid of Ennis for an unproven hooker.

Look back at it now. The wheels fell off over the last 2 seasons with no Ennis.

We made 2 GF's with no superstar halves and with a makeshift FB along with another FB who was off tap for the 1 season.

Ennis was the player who organised the forwards to get rolling and off the back of that we had Barba working his magic. During the Perrett era at FB, i honestly dont know how we made the GF.

Our forward pack has been getting rolled way too easily over the last 2 seasons, and you can say whatever you like but Mbye & Reynolds aint at fault.

We are in dire straits of a new, experienced and talented FB & Hooker. With these 2, a new open minded coach the only way is up.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol sure buddy, you make it sound like we won the comp with Ennis. He did fluck all at our club.

We need a speed fullback Tedesco ;)
A centre like simona I think he is very underrated.

And a halfback move mybee to 5/8

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we needed to let player go to bring in
Tedesco
Simona
And a good half

I would piss RENOYLDS ,tolman, holland,stanley,and josh morris off.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If we needed to let player go to bring in
Tedesco
Simona
And a good half

I would piss RENOYLDS ,tolman, holland,stanley,and josh morris off.
We just resigned tolman for 3 more years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I expect Des will go and will spend his behind the scenes time signing players for his next club and doing us over. I think this year and next year will be write offs with Des leaving us worse than when he got here. I think he will continue to spend our Cap on useless players.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just piss everyone off except Klemmer and Jackson.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Probably sign Grub to a mil a year for 5 years contract before he leaves and move on laughing his arse off

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I expect Des will go and will spend his behind the scenes time signing players for his next club and doing us over. I think this year and next year will be write offs with Des leaving us worse than when he got here. I think he will continue to spend our Cap on useless players.
This is exactly what I'm thinking des is going to fuck us over hard.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm thinking des is going to fuck us over hard.
As someone said, if he will do it to Manly (Back ended contracts etc) than he will not think twice about a club he doesn't care about

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very likely situation. Hasler doesn't seem like the type of person who would sit around waiting for a contract from us (hopefully that's the case anyway).

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Very likely situation. Hasler doesn't seem like the type of person who would sit around waiting for a contract from us (hopefully that's the case anyway).
Why would he sign us a "Cooper Cronk" type player when he could sign him for his next club? Bennet was good at doing this too

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
People seem to be wanting to rejoice in Hasler going, without realising it'll more than likely result in the club going backwards not forwards.
Des has put us 10 years backwards what's the worst that can happen now.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
People seem to be wanting to rejoice in Hasler going, without realising it'll more than likely result in the club going backwards not forwards.
Sometimes you need to go backwards first. If it means getting back our identity than I can handle it

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I hope the club takes the risk and goes in a different direction. The recent premiership winners have had relatively rookie coaches.

Our club is in a weak position. No quality fullback, old slow backs, no halfback, a hooker chosen by the coach who hasn't lived up to the hype and the list goes on.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Seems as though he has been putting in work to make the club go backwards anyway. In all honesty I'd say Hasler would have to bring home the trophy for him to be assured a job next season and given the team we have at the moment that's not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.