Broncos show Bulldogs how to recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
News Limited Bri$bane Bronco$

Not at all suprised by this.

Broncos don't use a salary cap, they use an order form to get their players.

Possibly and I'm with you there. but can see Cronulla coming in with a huge offer to see if he has any interest in playing another year or two.
Cronulla are having a fire sale... someone banked on the cap being larger than it will be.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The figure in recent reports (for Bird) is 1mill a season. Even the Broncos are paying overs! These numbers are silly. We should lock in Frawley for 4 years NOW while he isn't worth crazy money. Try and gets Reynolds under $600k and work out if Mbye can play 1 or 9. Then get either a 1 or 9. The market is insane. I know people haven't been happy with our squad but at least we aren't locked into any long term 1mill a season deals.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Difference is we have a salary cap which restricts our spending. We also have Supercoach which restricts our recruiting.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have two points to weigh in with here. 1) arent the broncos owned by news limited? Therefore of course news limited owned papers like the telecrap and courier mail wouldnt want to make a fuss about them going after bird as it might inflate his price. And 2) cronulla didnt lose a half, they lost a centre. And thats half the reason he left. So i dont think they would go hard after or cronk, or even teynolds for that matter. Especially if he wants 800k.
No they have never been owned by News ltd. They are a private company with I think 2 major shareholders plus a few smaller ones. I agree about Cronk/Foran. It makes no sense for Sharks to go into that market given what they already have. Plus they are going to have to pay a bucketload for Segyaro at some point.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No they have never been owned by News ltd. They are a private company with I think 2 major shareholders plus a few smaller ones. I agree about Cronk/Foran. It makes no sense for Sharks to go into that market given what they already have. Plus they are going to have to pay a bucketload for Segyaro at some point.
Wasnt there a recent story about how bennett had banned reporters from training which was ironic because they both esentially work for news limited???

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasnt there a recent story about how bennett had banned reporters from training which was ironic because they both esentially work for news limited???
Don't know about that but Morgan and another bloke pretty much owned the Donkeys. They gave Benny some shares and I think the Thoroughbreds group are also tied in with the ownership. That's the reason why Gee couldn't be interviewed. He wasn't an NRL employee. He was employed by a private company who couldn't be compelled to make him talk.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disregard the whole sponsorship advantage of Brisbane and how flexible their cap is due to it.

It seems like Des is the one showing the Broncos how to recruit. They now have 2 running halves going into next year. I still can't figure out why the Broncos are going for Bird unless they are shaping up to release someone in their 1,3,4,6. Even then, Bird has basically moved because he wants a half or fullback spot. So it will either be Boyd or Milford leaving, or a 1,6,7 that lacks a genuine organiser and long range kicker. I wonder how that will work out?
Boyd 6 Bird 1 perhaps

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shit you can also see the Roosters salary cap in the Background!!! well done explains a lot.
That's the Broncos 2nd tier cap.

Roosters Salary Cap is at a bigger location.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos operate like this.

Mr Bird, here is your 700k contract yuleh.
Also, there is 2x full time bartender job in the leagues club paying 90k a year, we STRONGLY recommend your parents apply for these positions sir.
Brisbane probably have the following statements ready with a nudge-nudge wink-wink:

"your wife is going to be employed by us and will be paid $500,000 ok?"

"we will leave a duffle bag outside of your new penthouse suite in Brisbane, inside is your team gear"

"By the way, you WILL be doing some side work for fox sports"

"One of our sponsors is doing a photo shoot for an add campaign, they generally pay around say $500,000 for the day's work"

"We know it's only half of what your entitled to now, but we will pay you double the remainder post retirement. We call it a superdooperannuation fund"

"What was the account number of your sister again?"

"Now, have you heard of a Swiss deposit box? it's really important you remember this number and take this key"

"Just sign here, it's your account in the Cayman Islands"

"Uh yeah, salary... ummmm, how do we explain it?"

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Boyd 6 Bird 1 perhaps
That seems to be the talk elsewhere. For mine that just weakens both positions and guarantees the Donkeys will be also rans for years to come. Boyd isn't Lockyer and Bird sure as hell isn't Boyd and for that matter Milford isn't a 7. I think Bird will end up a back rower or centre and they will look for another 7.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please no.

It's etched in my mind for fucking eternity.

No I will never get over my team losing that way, because of him.
It could be worse I still have nightmares about Martin Bella knocking on in 1994 Grand Final at least you got 80 mins of hope! As soon as Bella spilled that kick off I knew we were done and dusted.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't understand where he's going to play at the Broncs. You could argue it's illogical requirement.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It could be worse I still have nightmares about Martin Bella knocking on in 1994 Grand Final at least you got 80 mins of hope! As soon as Bella spilled that kick off I knew we were done and dusted.
You were lucky having at least 80 mins preparing to lose.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane probably have the following statements ready with a nudge-nudge wink-wink:

"your wife is going to be employed by us and will be paid $500,000 ok?"

"we will leave a duffle bag outside of your new penthouse suite in Brisbane, inside is your team gear"

"By the way, you WILL be doing some side work for fox sports"

"One of our sponsors is doing a photo shoot for an add campaign, they generally pay around say $500,000 for the day's work"

"We know it's only half of what your entitled to now, but we will pay you double the remainder post retirement. We call it a superdooperannuation fund"

"What was the account number of your sister again?"

"Now, have you heard of a Swiss deposit box? it's really important you remember this number and take this key"

"Just sign here, it's your account in the Cayman Islands"

"Uh yeah, salary... ummmm, how do we explain it?"
Hahahahahaha QUALITY!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm exactly how 3rd party agreements work in regards to their limits etc?? It seems incredibly unfair for a one city team like the broncs to be able to potentially offer so many 3rd party deals. Surely its capped right?

Status
Not open for further replies.