Boycott Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I sat on the hill with my 3 kids and some mates and we had a ball. Saw a very average Bulldogs team play some very average football at times but they also saw a good (albeit lucky) comeback and an exciting finish. We all then ran out onto the ground like it was 1978, tackled each other and pretended to score tries on the same field where Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb and Steve Gearing used to score tries.

It wasn't pretty but it was a fun afternoon in the sun which will create some awesome memories for my kids, just like I have lots of fond memories of doing similar things at Belmore with my Dad. Really glad that I went.
Brilliant, so many kids were at the game yesterday, we rarely play Sunday afternoon games these days let alone a Sunday afternoon Belmore game!
Yesterday how many of those kids that went would be hooked for life? They don't care about anything other then the fact they had a fun day at the footy, got to run on the field and the Dogs won in a nail bitter with the crowd going crazy!

Some of my fondest memories are watching the Bulldogs play between 1989-1992 (We missed the finals 4 years straight, 1991 Wests beat us in a playoff for 5th) at Belmore and those years is when I became hooked.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure the boos were for the ref.
From what I'm hearing the crowed announcer asked the crowed to cheer on the dogs during the game and most booed. It's in another thread.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing the crowed announcer asked the crowed to cheer on the dogs during the game and most booed. It's in another thread.
I was on the hill and didn't hear any boo's.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's exactly right.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn't there so cant really comment but from what they showed through the TV the crowd was booing after the penalties, especially after the quick tap try which just before half time.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
True dat. Mainly from up on the stands.
Yeah. It seemed to be from the northern end of the stand. I heard it from where I was on the other side of halfway and it was definitely a boo and it was after the announcer said something. It surprised me a bit because there was nothing before it from the crowd. In fact early in the second half they were dead quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.