"Big Money" Offer, As Rivals Try To Pinch Roosters Hitman.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your not wrong but it comes down to enticing him to move.

He aint moving anywhere for 350k, 2 year deal.

I reckon he will become a very good First grader once he settles into the NRL.
I think he's on around 170k next season so 350k is already twice as much as he's going to be earning. We are in a position (we should be) where we can drag negotiations out so we can at least get a look at him next year and see if he can reproduce his late season form. If that costs us a bit extra long-term then so be it, I'd rather us have some certainty around our signings and spend extra money than just throwing it around and hoping for the best like we've done previously. The other option is an early release, Roosters were open to that earlier in the year and while I doubt they are now I think there's still an opportunity their to ruffle some feathers.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Or if May doesn't want to stay
Which could be the case if he’s chasing more game time. He did well at the back end of last year but he’s a got a lot of competition for minutes now.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's on around 170k next season so 350k is already twice as much as he's going to be earning. We are in a position (we should be) where we can drag negotiations out so we can at least get a look at him next year and see if he can reproduce his late season form. If that costs us a bit extra long-term then so be it, I'd rather us have some certainty around our signings and spend extra money than just throwing it around and hoping for the best like we've done previously. The other option is an early release, Roosters were open to that earlier in the year and while I doubt they are now I think there's still an opportunity their to ruffle some feathers.
Once again your not wrong... Its a very safe and smart approach no doubt, but if we miss him and he has a break out year after he re-signs or signs elsewhere... Good business or bad business.?

Anyways we'll see over the coming weeks what happens, hopefully we can grab him for a decent price because if I tell you RFM was our biggest body at training the other day then brah, we are in for a looonnngg one.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Once again your not wrong... Its a very safe and smart approach no doubt, but if we miss him and he has a break out year after he re-signs or signs elsewhere... Good business or bad business.?

Anyways we'll see over the coming weeks what happens, hopefully we can grab him for a decent price because if I tell you RFM was our biggest body at training the other day then brah, we are in for a looonnngg one.
Rooster ain't going to give us May a year early for nothing when they have him on less than 200k or whatever it is. Same reason Panther didn't give us Burton.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

That's on the club and whoever is in charge of negotiations. Anyway there's a stack of young forwards in the game with a few of them also at the Roosters worth chasing. I don't think we have to break the bank or make some crazy offer to get a few of them, that should be reserved for established NRL talent because that's exactly what we need.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rooster ain't going to give us May a year early for nothing when they have him on less than 200k or whatever it is. Same reason Panther didn't give us Burton.
More than likely he will re-sign but depends how Lenui goes i reckon.

Was thinking they were grooming him to be the next JWH but looks like Spence will take that role on.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
May-be, just May-be we are planning to get the family club back on track with a big family reunion.

If I remember correctly, I believe Terrell, Tyrone & Taylan are all off contract for 2025..... might just happen.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rudolph extended with sharks I think I saw. That list is meh as fuck. May and afb is a must. Uele goes good. Also the raiders mooney or moorey or whatever looked a goer. As did the islander lad I forget his name though think raiders close to extension I read
Ok Trey Mooney is another. I think the Raiders prop you refer to is either Ata Mariota. Also they have Pasami Saulo and Peter Hola. So they have 4 props coming up for resigning. I think Saulo seems OK.

I didn't include the lesser known young mids so there may be some young prop worth a look. MIds like Broncos Brendan Piakura, Knights Mat Croker, Eels Jirah Momoisea or Souths Shaquai Mitchell. Don't think Mitchell will be leaving Souths.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This is confusing! He did really well for Roosters this year. Makes me think Roosters are clearing the decks for a punt at AFB lol
Don’t think so mate. Mays contract value wouldn’t move the dial much and they may just be offloading a position they seem to be well covered for to free up funds to resign Joey Manu and upgrade some of the young talent they have coming through. May is a loss they can comfortably cover.

Malla

Reaction score
Don’t think so mate. Mays contract value wouldn’t move the dial much and they may just be offloading a position they seem to be well covered for to free up funds to resign Joey Manu and upgrade some of the young talent they have coming through. May is a loss they can comfortably cover.
Not so much contract, more so a favour for him. Them bringing in another front rower who plays max mins in first grade takes away opportunity for him.