News Bets Ban Smells Of Hypocrisy

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking the same thing actually. I bet the club won't be getting rid of pokies. How long would the Leagues Club last without them ? How would we get on without the massive grants from the Leagues Club ?
At least 20 years the league club only exist for the football club

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW

Why does the article fail to mention that the Laundy Hotels & our Leagues club only have gambling in restricted licensed "Adult Only" areas.

But yet when I watch the footy with my innocent 9 year old son, he ask me all these questions relating to the constant betting markets and constant commentary surrounding betting on the game.

Then he tells me stuff like "So Dad, if I put $10 on that player to score the first try that means I would get that back"?

But yet if I ask him what a poker machine is he has got no idea.

No wonder the world is becoming so frigged up.

IMO, the direct promotion of gambling to an audience containing under 18's should be banned just like when they banned the promotion of cigarettes.

But I suppose the government would never make this happen as they also are making SQUILIONS from it all.

END VENT!!!
This! Should be posted on all social media!!! There’s a lot of kids exposed to gambling through sports! Bang on the money Papa!!

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This helps push the need for a profitable stadium.

An accessible Bulldogs commbank style stadium with top facilities and profitable corporate boxes, Bulldogs can profit from on other international and local events, including womens sport, naming rights, concerts, stadium climbs and tours, etc. Leagues clubs and government can and should help, club money would really be going to the community that way.

Imagine the home ground advantage added to last weeks Rabbitohs v Bulldogs Easter match.
If we built a stadium you won't be making money we would be losing close to 2 million a year for the next 20 years. Plus the construction cost est base on Parra stadium 800 million without the govt footing which they won't without owning

Which would losing close to 42 million a year.

In fact govt could take the land any time they want via compulsory aq which is shit bacis only land value.

By playing our home game at Accord stadium we make about 3.5 million a year.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we built a stadium you won't be making money we would be losing close to 2 million a year for the next 20 years. Plus the construction cost est base on Parra stadium 800 million without the govt footing which they won't without owning

In fact govt could take the land any time they want via compulsory aq which is shit bacis only land value.

The crazy thing is Penrith is next to do their stadium . We will never play at belmore ever as our home ground. Unless Chris the labour leader decides to fork out 200m

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crazy thing is Penrith is next to do their stadium . We will never play at belmore ever as our home ground. Unless Chris the labour leader decides to fork out 200m
Hey you don't want to be like tiger and pay 150k before they kick off Leichhardt Oval other are less but still bs cost.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it before, but cant we just build a carpark for Belmore? Problem solved?

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't disagree with what you've said but wasn't Tandy caught trying to match fix our game against the cows in 2010 by giving away the most blantant penalty ever in front of the posts but they took the set restart instead.

Can't get much lower than trying to fuck over your own teammates and fans for financial gain imo
Relax mate they weren’t in the trenches at galipoli, I mean Jesus you can’t be that moronic to thin games aren’t rigged ? No man bleeds for their club anymore

Tandy was under duress mate, why try shit on a dead man let him rest in peace

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I've done plenty of rough math on this area, referred to other stadiums in Aus and around the world and it works, even with our smaller population. A stadium is a long term asset maybe amortised 25years, the initial amount while quite high whatever it is, is an investment, security. It's not expected to run at a profit immediately.

It becomes a security for the Bulldogs, an asset.

Western Sydney stadium (CommBank) has a construction cost of $300m expect more since Bulldogs don't exactly have a site ready (besides Oasis area and Belmore).

Canterbury Leagues is spending hundreds of millions on other projects, I think it's in the billion figure. Western Sydney clubs in and around the Bulldogs Sydney areas are grossing top in NSW, includes Bankstown Sports, Canterbury Leagues, Liverpool Catholic club, Mounties, etc.
The organisations as part of their operations, "give back to the community". It's going to take some good work from Bulldogs execs to achieve the funding but it's doable, Warburton and co are astute.

Meanwhile government is trying to invest, promoting economy in Sydney, 2nd airport . Can get state government involved, local governments too.

Naming rights can be reserved, pay or loan money now for 10 years of naming rights for example. It's going to take good business to get it going.

A point I can't really add in calculations is inflation to ticket prices etc later on, brand value, that is, a Bulldogs purpose built stadium will provide better atmosphere, give a better home ground advantage creating a stronger crowd and team = better performance will attract more $

There's a couple threads with articles mentioned above on the kennel.

Accord Stadium Australia is only good for that odd occasion you take younglings out to the footy with all the open space. Please, visit CommBank and see what a great venue it is, nough said.

Before the club is starved from pokies money like what will happen with the sporting agencies, it's better earlier than later.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Dogs knew he was doing it all season. But he played the game so damn hard that they just let slide a penalty here or there.
When it became public knowledge and he pushed it. They were forced to act.
And you know this how?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Certainly I must also agree with your comments and would also add that the proposed Liverpool project also includes residential development and commercial space aswell which again brings more value and revenue to the region and the owners being Canterbury aswell. No doubt this option is well overdue but not too late to implement. We await the local councils stance to not approve this concept be resolved and no doubt see this project come to fruition in the future.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The ARL at the time banned Tobacco / smoking sponsorship due to society health concerns....
No they didn’t :-).

The ARL had no choice but to relinquish tobacco sponsorship and their long held and strong brand The Winfield Cup because the feds passed legislation in 1992 that progressively banned tobacco sponsorship and the Bulldogs won the last Winfield Cup in 1995.

You might say that the Feds did it for ‘society health concerns’ but you can be sure the ARL would’ve continued to take the money if they could - precisely the reason today’s NRL will continue to take money from gambling agencies until and unless they have no choice, which will be up to the feds and no-one else.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No they didn’t :-).

The ARL had no choice but to relinquish tobacco sponsorship and their long held and strong brand The Winfield Cup because the feds passed legislation in 1992 that progressively banned tobacco sponsorship and the Bulldogs won the last Winfield Cup in 1995.

You might say that the Feds did it for ‘society health concerns’ but you can be sure the ARL would’ve continued to take the money if they could - precisely the reason today’s NRL will continue to take money from gambling agencies until and unless they have no choice, which will be up to the feds and no-one else.
Same smell different package.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Same smell different package.
OK, but personal views (to which you’re entitled) don’t necessarily equate to facts. The NRL are in business and will go where the money is, which won’t change unless the law says otherwise. You’re better to vent your views to your local member than on a supporter forum which simply won’t change anything.