Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was listening to Triple M this arvo with old mate and Soward. Ginnane laughed at the Dogs side named then Soward said something interesting.

He said he saw Kas and TRex at a promo last week and they look the fittest he's ever seen them. He sounded shocked and even intimidated.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Glad to not see players like Mozzes in it. Not sure why we are playing Kasiano. Why would you risk him? With Eastwood i guess there has to be a senior player to guide them in the side.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This would have been a perfect time to cut Mbye/Reynolds loose, form a combination, try some new skills, give them some confidence. Try a few moves etc. They need as mych practice as they can get. Des needs to get off his high horse and have faith in this pair. And plz dont talk about injuries, you can get injured at training or at home, if its going to happen it will happen.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just wanna see if Brad abbey has potential. Nothing else matters. It showed with Rabbitohs winning everything pre season lol fkn pretenders.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This would have been a perfect time to cut Mbye/Reynolds loose, form a combination, try some new skills, give them some confidence. Try a few moves etc. They need as mych practice as they can get. Des needs to get off his high horse and have faith in this pair. And plz dont talk about injuries, you can get injured at training or at home, if its going to happen it will happen.
Tell that to the knights. Lost mullen for half the season because of this tournament. Not worth it at all, the NRL is too important to risk injury.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate they have had all bloody off season to tune skills, what playing in a 2 day tournament worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizemoney, is to much time out of there training schedule, give me a break
The reality is that the dogs have enough money, I don't think this tournament (or its prize money) is a priority or incentive. It's clear from this and our past squads that the main season is our priority. That means not risking our halves against some fringe first graders in other squads who want to be heroes...

It'd be nice to watch and think we had a chance, but I'm keen for the main event, provided we make the big dance!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a pretty shit squad. Eastwood and kasiano in 9s? Yeah ok Des.

Keen to see how Garvey, Chisholm, abbey and Holland go. But overall, pretty shit team, will be lucky to score a try!

But in all honesty we as a club don't take it seriously. Alot of people on here are saying they don't give a shit, but I bet you cone Sunday night after we lost all 3 games and looked shit, people will come on here, whinge and bitch, and write the season off!

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is everyone so anti 9's concept? The more League and less cricket the better. It's a great concept but I think by bringing brad Fittler in ruined what it could have been.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone so anti 9's concept? The more League and less cricket the better. It's a great concept but I think by bringing brad Fittler in ruined what it could have been.
Because it's just gimmick crap and the only thing that can come of it is potential injuries. I love how des doesn't give a shit about it, real season starts in march, that's all that matters.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'm excited to see most our promising recruits from the past two years have a crack. I'm glad we don't have our top players going, it's way too risky.

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score

Keen to see how Garvey, Chisholm, abbey and Holland go. But overall, pretty shit team, will be lucky to score a try!

But in all honesty we as a club don't take it seriously. Alot of people on here are saying they don't give a shit, but I bet you cone Sunday night after we lost all 3 games and looked shit, people will come on here, whinge and bitch, and write the season off!
Have to disagree with you, not shit they just lack experience however with Frawley and Chisholm as the 6/7
And abbey at the back... Not bad to test them ... We won't go far but it's a much much better side than last year.. Would of rather not risked Lane or Kasiano and put loud perret the flop instead.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

With Chisholm and Abbey there we will score a try or 2. Trust me.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the round robin stage is only 54 minutes so there is no chance reynolds and mybe could have achieved anything towards a combination especially with the game style of nines. only thing that this competition is good for is injuries and causing disruption to teams start of year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Chisholm Abbey Phillips and Holland

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are people still going on about our halves forming a combo at a ****ing 9s match? Seriously ffs. What combo could they form playing in a shits n giggles comp for an hour? Seriously? Positioning, defensive systems, attacking structure, options, everything is a completely different style to the 13 man game.

You lot call me negative yet some of you lot smash the club over the dumbest shit on here.

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
the round robin stage is only 54 minutes so there is no chance reynolds and mybe could have achieved anything towards a combination especially with the game style of nines. only thing that this competition is good for is injuries and causing disruption to teams start of year
Finally someone with sense. You get no fitness, skill development, team work or anything else from this other than a bit of fun. Out of the 54 minutes to be played no one will play anywhere near all minutes.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys lost Coote for the year during this tournament two years ago. Why risk it... Nothing to be gained from this. Blood some young kids, see how they go. I will still enjoy watching no matter who plays.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I actually think people will be suprised with our side.. a bit of a sleeper side imho..

Backs are more than capable of putting on points. Garvey and Chisholm are livewires, and Frawley has a reasonable kicking game (in general play). Kas and TRex are said to be looking the best they have in their careers, and with Beastwoods ability to break the line, things could get interesting.

Name your top 18 players for the NRL Nines.

For me (in no particular order):

BACKS
1. Brad Abbey (back)
2. Tyrone Phillips (back)
3. Kerrod Holland (back)
4. Chase Stanley (back)
5. Jarrod McInally (back)
6. Rueben Rennie (Back)

HALVES / HOOKERS
7. Moses Mbye
8. Josh Reynolds
9. Dane Chisholm
10. Lindon McGrady
11. Craig Garvey

SECOND / FRONT ROW
12. Pat O'Hanlon (if fit) else Lloyd Perrett
13. Renouf To'omaga
14. Tim Browne
15. Shaun Lane
16. Tony Williams
17. Adam Elliott

EX PLAYER COMEBACK
18. Steve Turner / Tony Grimaldi
Fark'n close

Only missed out on:
Greg Eastwood ©
Matt Frawley
Danny Fualalo
Sam Kasiano
Reimis Smith

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as we perform a lil better than last year and not get towelled up by warriors etc

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that Des named such a strong squad and actually gave some young talent a go.

We get to see young guys like Abbey and Holland as well as Chisolm and Phillips.. Plus I want to see what Garvey does seeing as we let Cook go which was a crazy move. So Garvey better impress.

Plus I think Sam played really well overall last season and made huge strides. He was the only one setting up tries. He'll kill the Nines.

T-Rex... Well I'll believe it when I see it. It wouldn't shock me to see him pull another bullshit contract year out of his ass to fool someone else into signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.