ASADA Discussion Aug 2014 - Show Cause Notices sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So reni and sailor get wiped out for 2 years for recreational drugs, but these clowns get a few weeks for deliberate drug cheating???

The nrl has sank to yet another new pathetic low!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Playing for Cronulla is probably the worst punishment any NRL player could be subject to. Getting time off playing for that club is actually a bonus...
The only satisfactory punishment would be forcing all players to play out their entire careers at the Sharks.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They would be in the sheds now singing their team song having a good old laugh at everthing.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im guessing asada didnt have strong enough evidence so they bluffed and told the players either take the "3 month" suspension or risk it and get a 2 year suspension.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Making them play for no points next year, if that's an option, is dumb.

Bans are fine, but you should, if anything, strip all their 2011 points as opposed to making them play for none next year.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So 3 weeks for drug cheats
A 12 month holiday for sexual assault
But piss in your mouth and your gone.
Nrl you are a total joke

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So every other club should take peptides and only cop a 3 game ban. It's worth it.

I really hate the joke that is the nrl.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So reni and sailor get wiped out for 2 years for recreational drugs, but these clowns get a few weeks for deliberate drug cheating???

The nrl has sank to yet another new pathetic low!
If I was either man I would be spewing this is such a joke.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So more players have been named..

Matthew Wright - North Queensland
Luke Douglas - Gold Coast
Jeremy Smith - Newcastle
Albert Kelly - Gold Coast
Speaking of which, this guy doesn't get injured. He's played all the games from 2006-now straight i think?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks ASADA case: Cronulla ASADA saga far from finished as WADA gets involved

THE Cronulla saga is as far from closure as ever with revelations late on Friday that WADA is set to exercise its right to intervene in the ASADA doping sanctions.

Although lawyers for the Cronulla Sharks players claim they received a guarantee from ASADA that the World Anti Doping Agency would not interfere in the process, The Daily Telegraph can exclusively reveal WADA’s chief executive is yet to review or receive the evidence from the 17 doping cases.

Former WADA boss John Fahey said on Friday the penalties make a joke of anti-doping integrity in Australia.

He has strongly urged WADA chief executive David Howman to review and over-rule the “light: sanctions handed to the players.

Howman said on Friday the matter was far from resolved.

“The matter is not concluded. WADA has not received a brief of evidence and is yet to determine if the sanctions are appropriate based on that evidence and the application of the code,” he said in an email to Fahey.

“If they are not satisfied, we will ask to take the matters to the Court of Arbitration of Sport.”

Fahey is extremely angry at the light penalties meted out to the footballers, given they have been backdated.

“It is farcical that this is effectively three weeks,” Fahey said.

“It makes a joke of anti-doping integrity in Australia, something I have spent six years trying to improve. The code is very clear — if you dope, you face heavy sanctions. It is a very clear cut thing that has been made arbitrary by this decision.”

WADA has 21 days before they need to respond to the ASADA evidence.

If they find the penalties were too light, the players will be faced with a Court of Arbitration of Sport hearing and the possibility of much heavier sentences or suspensions.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...033617768?nk=a45b77cceee63680a5e4b2dd07dd122a

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So ASADA had nothing. Conned the the players (by offering them a three week ban) into admitting they were guilty, something ASADA could not prove, knowing that WADA would then step in and take them out for a couple of years. Sly, sneaky bastards.
Sure I heard that idiot Ray Hardly saying on the radio the other day that WADA could not intervene (and he is god and knows everything..just ask him) oh well wrong again.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is strong evidence that ASADA needs to fold.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Paul Aiton and the other guy in super league who is a wembley final still playing? Last I heard they were...How can this be allowed???

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So ASADA had nothing. Conned the the players (by offering them a three week ban) into admitting they were guilty, something ASADA could not prove, knowing that WADA would then step in and take them out for a couple of years. Sly, sneaky bastards.
Sure I heard that idiot Ray Hardly saying on the radio the other day that WADA could not intervene (and he is god and knows everything..just ask him) oh well wrong again.
ASADA do have something, they have already shown evidence. The bans are justified but the length of those bans are a joke. only 1 month? I do hope WADA get to the bottom of this increase their bans

Status
Not open for further replies.