AFL and NRL to take mid-season break should Australia host football World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
can stadiums like the mcg and anz be used if the stadiums are used for afl purposes also? i heard the pitch needs to be rectangular and not oval pitches like ANZ and MCG.

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wrote an article on my web site about this.

Instead of looking at the obvious negatives involved with the two months off, what could we do with that time that we normally wouldn't even think about doing?

http://leaguefreak.rlfans.com/news.php?readmore=710

If we get the Soccer World Cup so many stadiums we use will get much needed upgrades, so for that reason alone I think it would be a good thing.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very good point LF

Almost all the stadiums will require upgrading to host an event like this. And you'd have to think at least 1 new major stadium would be built.

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very good point LF

Almost all the stadiums will require upgrading to host an event like this. And you'd have to think at least 1 new major stadium would be built.

Well from what I know Newcastle will end up a 40,000 all seater stadium, which would be amazing. That would be good enough for Origin.

Parramatta Stadium would be upgraded, and with its current configuration, you'd think it would end up at about the 30,000 mark, which would be incredible if we could have a stadium made for League of that size at Parramatta.

Canberra would be upgraded, Townsville would get a major upgrade....and thats not even mentioning the fact that places like Perth and Adelaide could end up with very nice rectangular stadiums that will be perfect to move new teams into.

Hell they are even talking about upgrading Penrith Footy Stadium.

So there are huge positives for our game, and for all of those hundreds of millions spent on stadium upgrades, we would have two months to take up any of the suggestions I wrote about on my site.

When you think about it.....its not too big of a problem to deal with.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
but with these upgrades, unless it's a finals game there's gonna be alot of empty seats for nrl games and a-league

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep in mind, its a long way off. Crowds will have grown a bit by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.