Addo-Carr cleared of fracture | soft tissue injury to be confirmed

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They are saying 3 weeks anyone else hear this?
Soft tissue wouldn’t be much more than that I would think especially in the shoulder but he was really heavily strapped before the game so who knows.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all this how come more scrutiny hasn’t been put on the ref for not sending Cartwright to the bin for his shoulder charge? Young gets binned for his hit on Ponga, I get no contact to the head. But a shoulder charge is a shoulder charge and we lost a player as a result of foul play.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kudos for showing grit and pride in the jersey... however... you can't be out on the field playing 1st grade with one arm. I thought it was disgracefull when he waved his hand in the air indicating to the sideline that he was in trouble that it took another hitup leading with his good shoulder and then getting gang tackled over the side line for the trainer to come out and check on him. Could have possibly made the initial injury worse and longer rehab time off the field.. Very ordinary however an opportunity for someone else to fill his spot...
Also the eels scored after taking him over the sideline

Reactions: 88

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The longer he is out, the better it is for the club. We gain xerri next week at centre and pushes Kiraz to wing.

Based on how JAC has been playing last season or 2, we lose absolutely nothing.

I think his time at the club is going to come to an end this year. Isnt worth the 500k plus salary he is on
Probably getting 650k with TPAz.

Sell him in a heart beat for a HB or Prop right now.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our Wingers/Fullback…

Didn’t these guys all spend a bit of time working with the AFL West Sydney Giants on their bloody catching skills in the off season?

why can’t they defuse or catch bombs ffs?
Cause our best winger is playing Center and the FB is a Reserve half

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep once again Hysteria defies logic in this joint,
But but Ciraldo is hurting our players blah blah blah fukn makes me laugh.
Yep, weird shit man, has his captain begging him to stay on till halftime, if he doesn‘t listen to him there, think about what that will do to the whole culture they’ve been trying to build during the off-season.

i always assume a big chunk of The Kennel have never played team sport at any decent level.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the issue most people seem to be ignoring to throw shade at whoever they want to blame, is that when your forwards gets dominated, the other side knows they can start bullying all over the park with no repercussions. There’s no big prop that’s going to fire up and steamroll them. There’s no big edge forward that’s going to smash their halves….

When you win the middle you can start to muscle over the whole field and our team simply had no match for the size of parra. Cartwright didn’t bully our boys because he’s tough, he did it because their props had us totally destroyed.

I don’t know who else saw it but we were incredibly lucky not to have more injuries across the park. Every single player was having to try harder to make an impact and every single one got manhandled by their size. Parra might be hopeless overall but they have one of the biggest and strongest packs in the league right now. We might compete with the mid range packs but the big ones are going to eat us alive if we stick to “grinding bulldogs game plans”. They said it after the sharks game, when your pack isn’t competitive you need to throw it around and move the other forwards. Cronk said that. Halves need to step up to cover our deficiencies this year. Which is the next issue because they are worse than our pack…..haha
We got our first try after a nice assured set running the ball to our 40m line and a good kick for territory on the 4th by Reed. You could see the big Parra pack struggling to get back, and one of their early hitups came with an error. We scored off the scrum.

With the apparent big boot of Burton it puzzles me why we didn't kick for territory in the first half. Kick on the 3rd if need be, but hit the spaces and keep turning the opposition around. It is the obvious tactic against a bigger team because it works. It is doubly important if we are making too many errors, because that way we have less touches in our own half. We are going to need to be able to do this against teams like Sharks, Raiders, Penriff

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, weird shit man, has his captain begging him to stay on till halftime, if he doesn‘t listen to him there, think about what that will do to the whole culture they’ve been trying to build during the off-season.

i always assume a big chunk of The Kennel have never played team sport at any decent level.
Supposedly Critta says to him that he we don't have any backs on the bench and this was part his reasoning for staying on the field. Wasn't Mann there to cover backs as well? I am sure Mann has played in the centres before, he's not totally hopeless either.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Supposedly Critta says to him that he we don't have any backs on the bench and this was part his reasoning for staying on the field. Wasn't Mann there to cover backs as well? I am sure Mann has played in the centres before, he's not totally hopeless either.
He left the field with a cork. He carried on like he broke his collar bone.

Wouldn't be in his nature to exaggerate the old Fox.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Your assumption is spot on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your assumption is spot on.
If that's rugby league culture then rugby league culture is stupid as fuck lmao. Heaps of athletes play through injury and pain, but when you're that much of a liability then you fuck off. Rugby league has this weird obsession with being this fake tough guy nonsense.

Reactions: 88

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's rugby league culture then rugby league culture is stupid as fuck lmao. Heaps of athletes play through injury and pain, but when you're that much of a liability then you fuck off. Rugby league has this weird obsession with being this fake tough guy nonsense.
100% Marly “Team First” means exactly that, the second you are unable to fulfill your obligations to the team it’s your responsibility to GTFO

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longer he is out, the better it is for the club. We gain xerri next week at centre and pushes Kiraz to wing.

Based on how JAC has been playing last season or 2, we lose absolutely nothing.

I think his time at the club is going to come to an end this year. Isnt worth the 500k plus salary he is on
LOL. Our best finisher by a mile. I’d love to see Wilson or Kiraz finish off the tries JAC does. He scored some tries last season that no other player in our team could score