Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Business is destroying Loyalty !
Rules changes and refs are destroying the game !
Fans and members are the victims :rage:
Can loyalty really co-exhist in the NRL with sponsorship, broadcast deals, betting etc.
Were we loyal to the Morris Bros? My understanding was they wanted 2 years and thats why they walked but I have no idea.
What loyalty did Foran show us after the money he took whilst we rehabbed him. Wanted more than 1 year was my understanding. If he played well for us another year he may have earnt an extension?
Napa loyalty? He declined from the day we signed him. Does he have no pride, certainly none in our jersey. Ive seen sloths move faster than him.
We stuck by Jacko, I suppose thats loyalty.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Certainly on their radar’: Tigers eye troubled duo but it ‘all hinges’ on Madge call

Adam Elliott is on the lookout for a new NRL club and could find a lifeline in the form of the Wests Tigers.

That is according to The Australian’s Brent Read, who told Triple Mon Saturday that Elliott’s situation is being closely monitored by the Tigers and he is not the only one.

Rather, there is also talk former Canberra Raiders and Melbourne Storm centre Curtis Scott is another target.

“I think that is something they will begin to resolve early next week,” Read said of Elliott’s future.

“His manager Dave Riolo has been talking to clubs about him and gauging interest. He will have no trouble finding a club and the Tigers are one club watching the situation pretty closely.

“There is talk about Curtis Scott. Madge was keen on Curtis Scott from what I understand.”

Of course, that will be dependant on whether Michael Maguire will remain Tigers coach in 2022 and beyond.

“It probably hinges to an extend on what happens with the coach,” Read added.

“I think he’s had players come out and support in the latter stages of the week. James Tamou has been supporting Madge, Luciano Leilua as well. It has probably helped him.

“I genuinely think it hangs in the balance. My sense was he was but in the latter stages of this week I started to think the pendulum was swinging back a bit.”

He did though add that Elliott is “certainly on their radar” and that regardless the former Bulldogs forward will figure in the NRL again next year.

It was announced on Friday night that Elliott and the Bulldogs came to a mutual agreement to part ways after his latest off-field incident involving NRLW player Millie Boyle.

Scott, meanwhile, was sacked by the Raiders earlier this season after a nightclub incident saw him charged with assault and fined $15,000 by the NRL.

Canberra said in a statement at the time it had terminated Scott’s contract effective immediately due to his “prior behaviour and recent assault charge.”
Tigers have certainly become the NRL scrap heap

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can loyalty really co-exhist in the NRL with sponsorship, broadcast deals, betting etc.
Were we loyal to the Morris Bros? My understanding was they wanted 2 years and thats why they walked but I have no idea.
What loyalty did Foran show us after the money he took whilst we rehabbed him. Wanted more than 1 year was my understanding. If he played well for us another year he may have earnt an extension?
Napa loyalty? He declined from the day we signed him. Does he have no pride, certainly none in our jersey. Ive seen sloths move faster than him.
We stuck by Jacko, I suppose thats loyalty.
Yes loyalty can co exists with the above mentioned if the intentions are right, sadly under the pretense of an even competition the salary cap was introduced but some clubs are using a sombrero for a cap ...
It's one of the major reasons for the unbalanced comp and players jumping ship.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is our sponsor talking to the press about internal Dog matters?
Why hasnt this been addressed as it isnt the first time?
How is this acceptable?
He is undermining the board
He is feeding the enemy ammo that loves nothing more than to hurt our Club.
I thought we were past amateur hour.
What part Laundy saying “I’ve got to accept it’s their decision” don’t you understand?

Always a Bulldog

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What part Laundy saying “I’ve got to accept it’s their decision” don’t you understand?

Always a Bulldog
Laundy shouldn't have said anything. The journalists know they can get a quote out of him which keeps the club in the news.
He should shut his mouth and let the club's nominated spokesman speak for the club.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/97/07/B21F9CA1-D462-4D3C-827E-53B7E8855C9F/IMG_0275.jpg

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can I say - this laudy sponsor is n idiot

He tried to save Elliot.

This goose should have no say or get off the front jumper

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this thread still going. Just lock it and end it? Arguing over crumbs.
Elliots gone and Arthur spoke out to media like he always has. No one is giving it the light of day except for this thread.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Understand that completely. It's clearly saying he doesn't agree with it which I don't think he should be doing. At all.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Statement from utility half re Elliott and Bulldogs “parting ways”. There’s a process to follow, but should be here well before next weekend, I think. Stay tuned fans snd hatters. In the meantime, be good to one another <3

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliott has more talent than SBW .....and he loves the club. Just don't understand how people can be so foolish.
More talent than SBW? Seriously bro now you’re taking the piss. As much as I dislike SBW for what he did to the club be is one of the most freakishly gifted footballers and natural athletes I’ve seen. Elliott can’t hold a candle to SBW.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More talent than SBW? Seriously bro now you’re taking the piss. As much as I dislike SBW for what he did to the club be is one of the most freakishly gifted footballers and natural athletes I’ve seen. Elliott can’t hold a candle to SBW.

He has to be trolling.