• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It’s human nature to fear what they don’t understand or deem different. That’s why you have racism, bigotry, homophobia. This discrimination echoes through the annuals of history.

As for your example, yes the bulldog fans come together because they’re the same at that time, because united against another. That old chestnut, “my enemies enemy is my friend.”
I believe the correct saying is 'echo's through the anals of history' because it gets distorted and becomes mostly innacurate shit talking several generations down the track

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of Facebook, I think Facebook is trolling me. This popped up today

View attachment 86784
Doesn’t take much does it - in the same browser you’re on a forum that mentions The Project and Wilko and voila, here’s Bruce. I don’t have FB but not that long ago in a WhatsApp message a mate told me something and I responded ‘what a headache’ - next thing he’s got Advil ads on his FB page. Co-incidence? I say those algorithms just work. And I stay away.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Been reading through socials. Reckon the division will only ramp up unfortunately. Both leaders being criticised but Dutton being held to account more in the aftermath judging by majority of posts?

One thing that was pointed out was he apparently agreed and voted the referendum proposal put thru Parliament to enable this thing in the first place? Voted Yes to legislation to even hold the referendum?

Dutton's major problem as an aftermath, is the teal seats which were once Liberal heartland. They've strongly voted Yes in favour and therefore idealogically moved further away from the current very conservative Libs? Pundits saying they won't get those seats back for quite some time with their current leadership and policies?

Observations are that we are seeing a real change in our traditional voting sentiment and previous loyalties, as ALL our political parties (incl Labor/Greens) now blatantly chop and change their founding principles for any short term advantage, as they all disapoint and fail us further.
As soon as the Teals stop being funded to the hilt their profile and therefore vote will drop like a stone. The amount of money spent on their campaigns was eye watering. Just 3 of their donors, Scott Farquhar, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Rob Keldoulis stumped up almost $4.5m between them. In total the Teals spent almost $14m on the last Federal election with the stated aim of holding the balance of power in the House of Reps. Which of course they failed to achieve and as a result have hardly been heard from since.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds really stupid but Dutton voted to pass the Voice Bill, then used that same Bill to attack Albo. Shitty politics. Here's the list of all the House members that voted for and against.
Personally I approve of the concept of a Voice, but not in the Constitution as it's simply not necessary and far to difficult to change. Plus of course with a lot more detail on its composition, function and accountability. Which would be part and parcel of legislation that is debated, worked on, modified and fine tuned before and after implementation.

Perhaps that all applies to Dutton, approved of the bill to have a referendum, but then found it totally lacking in substance and supported only by fluffy statements of "it's the right thing too do".

Which is not that hard to understand since exactly the same happened to the electorate as whole, as proven by the early poling where it was ~60% in favour. Most initially believed it was a good idea then as the lack of tangible processes and procedures continued to fester the support dropped away to where we ended up at ~40%.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mike Cannon-Brookes
MCB has had a mixed run. He’s obviously been very successful with Atlassian and good luck to him but other initiatives including the Teals, AGL and Sun Cable have been more problematic. And I’m guessing his part ownership of Soufs is more passion project than about profit. And now his marriage separation will cost him a big chunk of his wealth too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Most initially believed it was a good idea then as the lack of tangible processes and procedures continued to fester the support dropped away to where we ended up at ~40%.
I think that’s a fair statement and why I don’t think the no vote was driven by racism. We may well see a form of The Voice re-emerge eventually, but unlikely as part of the Constitution. Interesting to see where it leads.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think that’s a fair statement and why I don’t think the no vote was driven by racism. We may well see a form of The Voice re-emerge eventually, but unlikely as part of the Constitution. Interesting to see where it leads.
I think if it was run by the Liberals it would have finished a lot closer. The blame has to sit solely with the Labor government for its brutal failure. Albo needs to stand down as he made it his only election promise

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think if it was run by the Liberals it would have finished a lot closer. The blame has to sit solely with the Labor government for its brutal failure. Albo needs to stand down as he made it his only election promise
Who’s to say. End of the day it’s about substance and 60% of the country felt that was lacking. Albo won’t stand down but this damages him politically. How much by 2025 will depend on how quickly they recover from this and what comes next - from both majors.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So does this cost PM his job and if so when?
Don’t think Labor will ever turf an elected PM again after the backlash they got for Rudd/ Gillard/ Rudd.

I don’t get where all these calls for him to stand down are coming from, really. So far as I know, there’s no real precedent for it.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the misinformation would have stopped after the NO vote won

Albo made 66 promises. So far he has only delivered 19.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The same people who voted yes for ssm couldn't bring themselves to vote for the voice. Wonder why that is? Are those same people racist?
Perhaps they saw how the ssm legislation evolved into rainbow everything. Perhaps they weren't happy it emboldened a narcissistic minority within a minority to impose their hot pant cladden arses into the faces of kids. Maybe they saw the huge waste of resources shoving LGBTQ tolerance down the throats of a society that has already accepted them. Just a theory, not stating it as fact.

I know I will be attacked and probably for using words like tolerance and accepted. But just for an example; we accept the Muslim community but we don't tolerate sharia law. Lefties have a problem with boundaries
Nobody has ever tried to argue everyone who voted no is racist, but I think there’s definitely a strong undercurrent running through some of the comments here. Using terms like Second Nations and comparing a proposed advisory panel to apartheid is racust, plain and simple. And comparing the Voice to sharia law? What an
absurd comparison.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As soon as the Teals stop being funded to the hilt their profile and therefore vote will drop like a stone. The amount of money spent on their campaigns was eye watering. Just 3 of their donors, Scott Farquhar, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Rob Keldoulis stumped up almost $4.5m between them. In total the Teals spent almost $14m on the last Federal election with the stated aim of holding the balance of power in the House of Reps. Which of course they failed to achieve and as a result have hardly been heard from since.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah I'm not so sure about the Teals vote dropping like a stone.

A place for the progressive conservatives has now been created to fill the void left vacant. I can see Labor voters heading over to them as well. They do appear, on face value, to have high calibre conviction members elected to Parliament. Can hardly rightly say they've hardly been heard of since being elected. They probably miss out on commerial air time too I guess.

If they can hold their seats (and even garner more) as voters become more disillusioned, they will be an effective gathering of independents that many voters could see worthy of their vote.

They haven't been held to the blow torch as yet but don't really need to engage in that way?

Of course that remains to be seen. The 2 majors have seen off other parties and movements but this lot seem broad based enough to appeal (so far).

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Nobody has ever tried to argue everyone who voted no is racist, but I think there’s definitely a strong undercurrent running through some of the comments here. Using terms like Second Nations and comparing a proposed advisory panel to apartheid is racust, plain and simple. And comparing the Voice to sharia law? What an
absurd comparison.
An example of tolerance and acceptance and boundaries ffs. Flog on Flanno

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
It's the same with every group unfortunately. People don't see the discrimination because they're outside the group.

Muslims still get abused, Christians get abused, Aboriginals, gays, everyone. Unfortunately racism and bigotry still exist regardless of how many people keep telling us that it's no longer a problem.
Diversity is our strength though...

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine waking up after voting YES, would be hard to wake up fresh with egg all over your face. Then the first thing you'd have to do after getting out of bed is get straight to work in removing all the signs from your front yard. Instead of a nice relaxing Sunday they are removing signs, mourning and plotting their next moves lmao
Nothing embarrassing about believing on something that goes against the majority. Something very embarrassing about carrying on for days about how a vote is going to be rigged against your side, only to go on and win that vote. If anyone on this thread should be embarrassed, it’s you.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t think Labor will ever turn sn elected PM again after the backlash they hot for Rudd/ Gillard/ Rudd.

I don’t get where all these calls for him to stand down are coming from, really. So far as I know, there’s no real precedent for it.
The referendum lost but still 40% voted Yes. That's a significant number of Aussies. Some said 5 million voters? Not sure. So he has received some backing from that as far as his party is concerned.

Doesn't translate directly of course but the election was won with only low 30s wasn't it. Thatt's a handy lot of voters half in the bag for Labor.

Disclaimer: just musing on the political ramifications of a 40% in favour vote. Not electioneering :grinning: I too like @EXORCIST hold most of them in contempt...but can still put up opposing arguments when TK is flooded with one side :grinning:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
An example of tolerance and acceptance and boundaries ffs. Flog on Flanno
Spare me the bullshit. No reason to tolerate ratislly motivated slurs like Second Nations…. No need to tolerate disgusting arguments that compare
a proposed advisory panel you all got a vote on to apartheid, no reason to let complete nonsense go unchallenged. You and a few others on here are talking complete nonsense. Others like @Bullpit and @SexBomb are arguing their positions without cheap shots… but as usual, you are more interested in dumping on the left than debating the actual issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.