News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But according to our fans we are not going backwards under ghoul
Lol you have no idea what happens behind the scenes, you sit there and complain.
What happened after des?
What happened after pay?
What happened after Barrett?
We never got better so now Gus is rebuilding you want an instant success?
Gus even told CC not to come this season and start in 2024 cause Gus new this year wasn’t going to be successful.
New players combined with young players wasn’t going to be easy.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still filthy we had to see the pet project when we could have been entertained a bit more this season with some x-factor at the back.

Averillo must of had the shits, he did enough to start as FB this year over Perham. It was simply a coaching disaster class from Ciraldo.
Perham was certainly not the answer and he should have been swapped out way before he was. Personally Averillo wasn’t and isn’t the answer as his replacement. I would have run with Wilson or even blooded Papalii. Leaving Averillo at centre. His defence at centre is ordinary also, but he has been playing there all year and would be less detrimental than his efforts in the last couple of weeks.

Averillo’s positional play defensively is atrocious at fullback. One thing Perham offered was he would communicate numbers and where players needed to be. Averillo at fullback doesn’t know where he should be let alone telling the defence line where to be.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just for defence purposes only I’d have Taffe who looks likely joining at fullback and Critta centre.

Critta is being paid fullback money that’s the only issue

Taafe is better than Duffy and cost half the price as avo

After watching that rubbish yesterday I’m happy to see everyone off contract leave

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't know what Taafe looks like. But it looks like Taafe has his head Photoshopped on there but they forgot to put his neck in the picture. And I'm not sure that I can make out facial features on Ciraldo there either. But I can clearly see bigfoot in the shop across the road.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In most sides he's an excellent #14 yes... But in ours when Mahoney has proven he can't get 80 quality mins out. I just don't see how it could work effectively.
Everyone with the exception of the coach can see the Mahoney cannot play 80min. So it doesn’t matter who you put at 14. They aren’t there covering Reed anyway.

We had both Flanagan & Brown available to play 9 in the second half yesterday and it’s not something that CC is even thinking as a possibility.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know to get Burton we promised him the 6 jersey and the money that goes with it … I’ve mentioned this before … if we’d have been able to go into the new season with …

Averillo 6
Burton. Centre
Kikau.
JAC.

And trained to cover for Averillo’s defensive issues, that would have been a killer left side .. was never going to happen, but that’s the direction we should have gone in.

We’re losing our best 6 to the Dolphins … the club needs to stop with these ideas of experimenting playing players out of position ..

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We all know to get Burton we promised him the 6 jersey and the money that goes with it … I’ve mentioned this before … if we’d have been able to go into the new season with …

Averillo 6
Burton. Centre
Kikau.
JAC.

And trained to cover for Averillo’s defensive issues, that would have been a killer left side .. was never going to happen, but that’s the direction we should have gone in.

We’re losing our best 6 to the Dolphins … the club needs to stop with these ideas of experimenting playing players out of position ..
You reckon Averillo is a better 6 than Burton?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You reckon Averillo is a better 6 than Burton?
Not necessarily, but Burtons definitely a better centre than Averillo … Averillo is faster than Burton, has a great step, he’s elusive and can ball play .. so even if he’s not quite as good as Burton, he’d still do a very good job for us as our 6.

You put Averillo at 6 and have the likes of Burton Kikau and JAC beside him you instantly strengthen that side as an attacking weapon..

Kiraz’s best asset is strength, that’s what you want from your centre so they break tackles and set up the winger etc. … Kiraz should have been our right centre ..