News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And taafe is pondering why did this tool make it the coffee club, i hate it here.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Half the Kennel: "our players are rubbish, get rid of all of them, clean sweep, keep Presto and maybe Sexytimes, and that's it"
Other half of the Kennel: "why are we letting players go, why are we meeting with players from other teams?"

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mean while earlier this morning ...where is that Fcuken DNA "hey Gwen have you seen the DNA" "no sorry Gus I haven't" oh fuck me we need it. man-looking-in-filing-cabinet.jpgA

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of turning the heat on a non-proven First Grader, why don't you work hard on trying to keep our currently best player and Bankstown junior from going to the fucking Dolphins next year?

What a joke of a club we've become.
Bigger picture we have too many outside backs contracted for next year. The likes of Averillo and Alomoti not contracted cannot be kept.

To say Averillo is our best player is stretch. Every flashy try he plays a part in is canceled out by being poor defensively and letting one in. Good in attack but poor in defence.

Taaffe isn’t as quick as Averillo but his positional play and defence is better. The interest in him is baffling though. I think he will be offered similar to what Averillo knocked back which I understand was about $300k. We need Middle Forwards and more middle forwards. Not outside backs.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the Kennel: "our players are rubbish, get rid of all of them, clean sweep, keep Presto and maybe Sexytimes, and that's it"
Other half of the Kennel: "why are we letting players go, why are we meeting with players from other teams?"
Some of our defensive problems get solved when kikau returns and when chricton arrives next year (if they play him in centres).. also hopefully xerri hasn't lost too much ability because he was a very strong defender... we really need to strengthen our middles, make a few astute purchases and just hope that things work out for the best next year..

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need Taffee and he's not better than what we currently have imo, this has the making of another Corey Allan signing so I hope it's for close to minimum wage and as a back-up/14.
I reckon he would be a great 14. Covers the outside backs, halves and hooker at a pinch.

Of course we need middles but we need depth in other positions as well.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Think he is a pretty good player will be a blow to south's to lose him which is a positive as no way Latrell in the shape he is in can play more than 10 games a season at fullback. It does make the decision to let averillo go though look even worse. From how things are going we def need Critta in the centres to help with defence, so FB will be a fight between Joash and taffe and maybe Wilson. Good to have back up I guess. But who knows may just be a manager thing, forcing them to meet. Player managers have way too much power these days.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Most like for like replacement for Averillo we could get. Dumb

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigger picture we have too many outside backs contracted for next year. The likes of Averillo and Alomoti not contracted cannot be kept.

To say Averillo is our best player is stretch. Every flashy try he plays a part in is canceled out by being poor defensively and letting one in. Good in attack but poor in defence.

Taaffe isn’t as quick as Averillo but his positional play and defence is better. The interest in him is baffling though. I think he will be offered similar to what Averillo knocked back which I understand was about $300k. We need Middle Forwards and more middle forwards. Not outside backs.
And if we do buy a outside back they must be able to beat Gus in a running race

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I reckon he would be a great 14. Covers the outside backs, halves and hooker at a pinch.

Of course we need middles but we need depth in other positions as well.
In most sides he's an excellent #14 yes... But in ours when Mahoney has proven he can't get 80 quality mins out. I just don't see how it could work effectively.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Also trying to work out what kinda grown white man wears basketball shorts to a cafe... seriously questioning CC decision making ability..
What slice did he order to go with the flat white. Probably another bad decision lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can we get one of those body language experts the media uses for pictures of the UK royal family to analyse this picture?
Every picture tells a story. Just 2 guys minding their own business trying to get the attention of the slow cafe service whilst waiting a painfully long time for their coffee lol

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every picture tells a story. Just 2 guys minding their own business trying to get the attention of the slow cafe service whilst waiting a painfully long time for their coffee lol
Star Wars on TV... shut up Taafe this is my favourite part