Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wow that is a very negative stance to take on a bloke who has shown nothing but the utmost integrity in everything he did for the club.. To assume he's trying to be destructive or petty is completely irrational.
Look, that's your opinion. Mine is that Mick hasn't been around the club set up for three years, he has been strongly agitating for a change that the club has made and now it has been made, he should wait a while to see what changes at the place before laying the boot into our culture too much and no amount of tsk tsking from you will change that...

It's a valid and reasonable perspective tbh. If Ennis doesn't like the way the joint is being run and cares about the place, he should run for the board...if he doesn't want to do that, he should wait and see what the new coaching staff and legends we are bringing back to the club set up can do for the place.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seriouly are a goose if u think he has an agenda.
Oh he does. He won't stop til Dib is gone.

Changes have been made and major ones at that so why is it that Ennis needs to carry on? We are entering a new era, the past is done with and to continue bringing up shit from three years ago is totally pointless. Ennis should move on just like the fans have done and get behind the new changes. Whose to say Pay won't have his own "little things" to show his appreciation but no Ennis needs to bring up the past because who is still there at the Dogs? Yes, Dib because he has a gripe due to his best mates Reynolds and Graham have been let go, rightly or wrongly but it's done. Move on and let the changes takes their course.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gold bullion hidden in ice cream containers. That way it only takes up freezer space and then they can still give you the food as well.
I would be hoping uncle nick calls me if I was an nrl player :p

I read an article the other day about cooper cronky to the roosters. Apparently Gordon and ferguson took pay cuts this year to stay at the club (I thought fergusons first contract was unders to begin with so he must be close to playing for free haha) so they have Cap space for cronky.

I think the question is how much freezer space does Gordon and ferguson have for next year :p they definitely won't be getting the 4 litre ice cream from woolies by the looks of it :p

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be hoping uncle nick calls me if I was an nrl player :p

I read an article the other day about cooper cronky to the roosters. Apparently Gordon and ferguson took pay cuts this year to stay at the club (I thought fergusons first contract was unders to begin with so he must be close to playing for free haha) so they have Cap space for cronky.

I think the question is how much freezer space does Gordon and ferguson have for next year :p they definitely won't be getting the 4 litre ice cream from woolies by the looks of it :p
Yep, we outsiders call him Uncle Nick but the Roosters players call him St Nick.

Same journos that love the Roosters and probably drive his cars around town are once again talking about the Roosters already paying unders through reductions and losing the likes of Kane Evans, now getting the wriggle room under the cap to get Cronk. They also plant the seed that Cronk will join to primarily draw upon the business contacts on the board post football and when Cronk signs of course we know what the next article will say .... the Tedesco story all over again.

Meanwhile we are still needing to offload 2 more players to supposedly be cap compliant.

I know it's been deemed as something that would be applied subjectively by others, but the NRL has to set a points system or determine notional values, plus the relevant limits, for all players so at least there is transparency and it will be black or white as to whether a club is compliant, irrespective of what or how they are being paid.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish Ennis would shut the fuck up and get over himself I'm sick of hearing him winge about our club.
Yep. I agree. In any case he has not been at our club for 3 or 4 years, so what does he actually know about the clubs current lack of culture/DNA.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. I agree. In any case he has not been at our club for 3 or 4 years, so what does he actually know about the clubs current lack of culture/DNA.
So the following must be true as well

1)He doesn't talk to Graham or Reynolds anymore? Or anyone else that plays at the bulldogs

2)The culture has definitely changed since he was dropped

3) Steve Mortimer who resigned last year because Hasler was still at the helm is nuts

4) Terry lamb who publically stated last year that the club had lost its DNA is bullshitting

Yes yes You are right and everyone is wrong !!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow that is a very negative stance to take on a bloke who has shown nothing but the utmost integrity in everything he did for the club.. To assume he's trying to be destructive or petty is completely irrational.
It's also a little immature to think that with two of his best mates Graham and Reynolds being pushed out the door this year he isn't a little dirty on the club. Of course he is going to put a negative slant on things. It's in his nature to niggle and he now has a platform to do it. The issue isn't whether what he says doesn't have any facts in there, it is that he makes every issue at the dogs a negative one. Its the same strategy those boofheads Hadley and Jones and all the other shock jocks use. Take an ounce of truth, blend it with a pound of BS and there you have it a true story.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's also a little immature to think that with two of his best mates Graham and Reynolds being pushed out the door this year he isn't a little dirty on the club. Of course he is going to put a negative slant on things. It's in his nature to niggle and he now has a platform to do it. The issue isn't whether what he says doesn't have any facts in there, it is that he makes every issue at the dogs a negative one. Its the same strategy those boofheads Hadley and Jones and all the other shock jocks use. Take an ounce of truth, blend it with a pound of BS and there you have it a true story.
He's trying to point out the reason our club wasn't doing so well. It's got nothing to do with sour grapes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember some years ago having lunch at the club. Bullfrog and another official came in and sat near us. They had a young player with them and shouted him lunch. I overheard a lot of the conversation. Not once did they discuss contracts, training or tactics - it was all about the welfare of the young guy, and how he was coping with life in the big smoke. They offered him help settling in, and promised to keep in direct contact with his parents to let them know his progress. That was what the club was about; that's what Ennis is referring to.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we hadnt given mick anything to talk about in the first place then we wouldn't be complaining or backing what is being said

Im not sure what micks motives are in this other than he is now trying to perform his now job as a media personality as best as possible

Yes how far up shit creek the club is has been the no.1 talking point in the game for probably a yr now and its not going to stop until our on field performances dictate this or probably when the cricket starts and we stink it up then that will b all the media will talk about.

Point being is i get all the frustration with the amount of shit that is constantly being run about the club, but most of its true and everyone loves to hate us so it isnt going away until we make it.
Yes we have taken the initial steps and have made improvements but the mess isnt clean yet and all media outlets will feed on this.

My advise is enjoy the hate take it all in and return a smile once the comeback is complete when all the media outlets r singing our praises how we always come out 2 play when our backs r against the wall.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked Ennis as a player and we should never of let him go when we did. But he is a shit, know-it-all commentator who loves the sound of his own voice. The Peta Credlin of RL commentary. Just shut up please.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he want Dib gone? Please explain
You should be asking why is Ennis carrying on and not prepared to move on from the past after changes have now been made as I mentioned? It's because he can't as both Reynolds and Graham (his besties) also blame Dib for the turmoil we were in as there is no one else to blame now other than Dib. Can't you see that, otherwise why go on with it bagging the Dogs after changes have been made? Common sense really!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should be asking why is Ennis carrying on and not prepared to move on from the past after changes have now been made as I mentioned? It's because he can't as both Reynolds and Graham (his besties) also blame Dib for the turmoil we were in as there is no one else to blame now other than Dib. Can't you see that, otherwise why go on with it bagging the Dogs after changes have been made? Common sense really!
Oh so you think Ennis blames Dib for the lack of DNA? Well hasn't it been more or less proven it was all Des. Dib's just incompetent for letting des run the show.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee Ennis captained the club and played 136* first grades with a 60% win rate for the Dogs (Overall 60%)..he knows what makes the Bulldogs tick. If he wants to comment..he has every right too..as everybody else does..it's not an exclusive right to former players, coaches, board members. What makes people think he can't? He is certainly qualified.. And just a reminder the guy was managed out..he didn't want to leave..I don't accept the argument..oh he was offered a contract but he refused..pleeeeeaaaassseee..it's obvious he was not wanted by Hasler.. And good on him for going to the Sharks..because he would've won jack shit with the Dogs under Des..

Actually if you think about it..if people like Ennis didn't mention it..Des might still be here..or worse the focus on rebuilding that Bulldog 'culture' may of been cast aside as well.. So people should appreciate it..not have a big whinge because of some bizarre belief the club should be immune from criticism..

*Dean Pay played 108 first grades games for the Bulldogs with a 66% win rate. (Overall 65%)
*Jim Dymock played 71 first grade games for the Bulldogs with a 71% win rate. (Overall 62%)

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gee Ennis captained the club and played 136* first grades with a 60% win rate for the Dogs (Overall 60%)..he knows what makes the Bulldogs tick. If he wants to comment..he has every right too... (Overall 62%)
What pisses me off about Ennis is that he considers himself a Shark these days.

Yes he won a premiership with them but he played two bloody seasons with them.

He seems to be always attacking us when he played longer for and captained our great club. There's a difference between attacking the club and providing feedback for the improvement of the club and supporting us.

Pull your head in Mick. I used to have a lot of respect for you.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh so you think Ennis blames Dib for the lack of DNA? Well hasn't it been more or less proven it was all Des. Dib's just incompetent for letting des run the show.
Not totally but he has contributed to the loss of DNA, absolutely! He gave too much control to Des. Dib has said the buck stops with him. I have vented my disgust at Dib and the running of the club because he did nothing about it the past two years. He has now made those changes so I think it's time for everyone to get on board rather than continually put the club down Ennis included, but he can't because Dib has been an issue for him, Reynolds and Graham included and won't let it go. There's no one else there to blame other than Dib hence his agenda to continually put the club down. It's no longer necessary. Who else is there to blame other than Dib? Des? His gone! Raelene? She's gone! The board? Some have gone and been replaced. So who is Ennis throwing his attack towards if it's not Dib?

Status
Not open for further replies.