Michael Ennis Comments On The Bulldogs Culture: "They've Lost Who They Are"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I put in win percentage is to simply illustrate that every time Ennis played for the Dogs he was more likely to win rather than lose..in other words he knows what it is needed to get success at the Dogs and therefore is a voice of experience..

As for the article itself..Ennis merely points out from his own personal experience of what it meant to be part of the Bulldogs..echoing what a number of fans, commentators, (excuse the use of the Oxford comma..lol!)) and former players have been saying for half the year.. And tell me what is more disruptive to a club..calling Des out in the middle of the year when the Dogs were still hope for the finals..like Terry Lamb? Or talking about what the culture was...and basically hoping they find it again now that Des has gone and a new season beckons? I see Klemmer has said the same thing in an NRL article today..

Ultimately you have your opinion and I have mine..I myself have no problem with Ennis's comments..I will concede I am a fan of his..but honestly if any former Canterbury captain made these comments at this time of year..I'd take it on board and get on with the job of restoring the 'Doggies culture..
Win percentages .... wish he had a win percentage at the dogs that matched your profile name, that would have been a minimum of 3 or more premierships.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the Mick Ennis thread is now up to 5 pages and counting, with the red and blue corners still going at it. Have to say the niggler in Mick would be loving this, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's getting online and monitoring the thread for his own amusement.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well the Mick Ennis thread is now up to 5 pages and counting, with the red and blue corners still going at it. Have to say the niggler in Mick would be loving this, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he's getting online and monitoring the thread for his own amusement.
Good on him!!!

I think he was a great entertainer.
I wish he was involved in our club still

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough..I can understand what you are saying..
I dont think anyone is wrong for necessarily agreeing with him, i just personally think that if he really cared he would realise that its time to shut up, or if he cant manage that then perhaps he should use his voice to support the changes that are happening at the club so as to supposedly improve the erosion of our clubs culture.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him!!!

I think he was a great entertainer.
I wish he was involved in our club still
Yeah I thought he was a very good captain, with some comedy, theatre and one liners thrown in for free. He never lost his temper either.

As some have said you may not agree with everything he says but I'm still interested to hear what he has to say.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is wrong for necessarily agreeing with him, i just personally think that if he really cared he would realise that its time to shut up, or if he cant manage that then perhaps he should use his voice to support the changes that are happening at the club so as to supposedly improve the erosion of our clubs culture.
Let's hope Dean Pay can bring it back!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who gives a shit about Ennis atm, i only cared when he was bagging us while Hasler was in charge to put pressure on the club, couldn't care less about him now though.
You're just a user lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The first time i opened this thread i expected nothing more then your unwavering support of ennis, and sure enough there it was. Questionable tags on every post that criticised the guy, and of course, as i also expected, a reply to me saying i dont know what im talking about.
By your own admission you have only been following the bulldogs for a few years, but i have followed them for more then 25 years which is probably longer then you have been alive given some of the dribble i have read, and there are people on here that have supported them for way longer then me. In this time there have been some incredible players that have worn our blue and white jersey. Names like mortimer, lamb, hughes, anderson, peponis, silva, pay, dallas, sherwin, vagana, talau, pollamounter, hetherington, price, and the list goes on and on.
Ennis was a great player, but he doesnt even sit as high on the list as any of the players i have mentioned on this list. He is not even the best hooker that has played for the dogs in my time. Hetheringtom would have taken him to school every day of the week!!!
Having said this i enjoyed watching him represent our club, and he was a pretty good captain. But he also niggled a lot and put some fans off him. And after leaving the club to gain a longer contract, and then winning a premiership with the sharks he has done nothing but criticise the bulldogs. First it was hasler, and now its our culture. Sure he is entitled to his opinion, but when you read a news article every week with him criticising our great club you get kind of sick of it!!
As far as im concerned dib has made enough changes to our coaching staff and admin staff to address the issues ennis keeps harping on about for me to be reasonably content. Is it enough for him to keep his job next year? Im not sure. But im also not a voting member.
At the end of the day ennis has had his say and further comment is not doing the club any good, and for me personally its not at all improving my opinion of him either.
Oh wow you're so good at backhanded insults.
I love the one where you assume I'm young because my posts are immature lol. Joan Rivers eat your heart out.
Although I've only been a fan for 5 or 6 years I've seen enough to know that football is more than just a bunch of guys playing with a ball.
The first time it hit me that culture was a huge part of successful football was the turnaround from 2013 to 2014.
When des got the team to focus on bonding , it made a monumental difference in their 1% factor.
How many games did we win by one point???
the fact that they played for each other allowed them to succeed in desball.

Then.. In May when Negotiations came to a halt with Ennis so too did our winning streak. No coincidence there

Ennis knows what he's talking about when he 'harps' on about family and culture.. It's the X Factor Of a team . I dare say that's what the dogs of war were made of too.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not totally but he has contributed to the loss of DNA, absolutely! He gave too much control to Des. Dib has said the buck stops with him. I have vented my disgust at Dib and the running of the club because he did nothing about it the past two years. He has now made those changes so I think it's time for everyone to get on board rather than continually put the club down Ennis included, but he can't because Dib has been an issue for him, Reynolds and Graham included and won't let it go. There's no one else there to blame other than Dib hence his agenda to continually put the club down. It's no longer necessary. Who else is there to blame other than Dib? Des? His gone! Raelene? She's gone! The board? Some have gone and been replaced. So who is Ennis throwing his attack towards if it's not Dib?
You're very suspicious of him lol, Nah he's just trying to elaborate on what actually went missing from the club while Hasler was there.
DNA is just a buzz type of word, he's trying to be specific

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is just repeating what most have felt for the past 3 years. We've turned into a toilet bowl club. The good news is we hit rock bottom. Only way is up!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh wow you're so good at backhanded insults.
I love the one where you assume I'm young because my posts are immature lol. Joan Rivers eat your heart out.
Although I've only been a fan for 5 or 6 years I've seen enough to know that football is more than just a bunch of guys playing with a ball.
The first time it hit me that culture was a huge part of successful football was the turnaround from 2013 to 2014.
When des got the team to focus on bonding , it made a monumental difference in their 1% factor.
How many games did we win by one point???
the fact that they played for each other allowed them to succeed in desball.

Then.. In May when Negotiations came to a halt with Ennis so too did our winning streak. No coincidence there

Ennis knows what he's talking about when he 'harps' on about family and culture.. It's the X Factor Of a team . I dare say that's what the dogs of war were made of too.
What you seem to be ignoring though, is that i dont have a problem with ennis, i just think that its time for him to keep his comments to himself. He has been saying it over and over. Mve on.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What you seem to be ignoring though, is that i dont have a problem with ennis, i just think that its time for him to keep his comments to himself. He has been saying it over and over. Mve on.
So you don't like people repeating themselves? Ohh the irony

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Fk there’s some hard markers when it comes to Ennis. He’s said nothing wrong and was bang on the money as always

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many times is Ennis going to repeat himself? The club has made some pretty major steps forward in the last month or so and he still bangs on about it.
I want Ennis back here. He was a passionate Bulldog through and through, never say die... we forced him out... he would be terrific in some type of role here as we attempt to get back to our roots

Status
Not open for further replies.