SOS call to Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Exactly. No point in people saying "manly didn't play like this" or "if we had this player we wouldn't play like this"...we are simply playing the style that des wants us to play. He has had multiple chances to recruit key players, but instead he throws ridiculous $$$ at forwards or only attempts to sign his old mates from manly.
Exactly. that why people where questioning his game plan earlier this season and even lamb spoke out about the way he coaches.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you ***** actually watch our games? Do you understand how Des has structured our side? This is what Des wants, this is the style of footy he has developed. A half in our side is not a half, he is just 1 player out of 13 in a system that is trying to play around the opposition defence.

Foran or this half or that half wont fucking change shit...a new coach or structure will.
I agree with you on our structure , Graham, Tolman, Eastwood etc. but i believe we have this disgraceful structure becuase we dont have a half that is capable of leading the team, adn Mbye isnt ready.. Next year will be different if we sign Foran and Abbey becomes the player that we signed him to be......We will be able to just plough forward and play whats in front if us when it suits.

Abbey
Lee
Hoppa
Jmoz
Bmoz

Mbye
Foran

Klemmer
Jackson
Eastwood
Tolman
Lichaa
Graham

Kasiano
RFM
Fine
Fulaolo

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No halback is going to win you a game with 40% possession.
I know bashing our halves is a "kennel pastime" but there was very little they could do to change the result last night.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with you on our structure , Graham, Tolman, Eastwood etc. but i believe we have this disgraceful structure becuase we dont have a half that is capable of leading the team, adn Mbye isnt ready.. Next year will be different if we sign Foran and Abbey becomes the player that we signed him to be......We will be able to just plough forward and play whats in front if us when it suits.

Abbey
Lee
Hoppa
Jmoz
Bmoz

Mbye
Foran

Klemmer
Jackson
Eastwood
Tolman
Lichaa
Graham

Kasiano
RFM
Fine
Fulaolo
And I don't buy the half excuse anymore...I did the first 2 seasons but Des has been here long enough now to recruit a genuine half...instead he blew the $$$ on forwards. This is what Des wanted.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No halback is going to win you a game with 40% possession.
I know bashing our halves is a "kennel pastime" but there was very little they could do to change the result last night.
Or pathetic line speed and defence. Did you see how much time we gave JT with the ball? He deadset ran about 8m before anyone even got close to him...we just stood still and watched. Cowboys had momentum all night and we couldn't turn it around.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after 4+ years at the club,
Wouldn't you be in the market for a half?
I'm totally not buying into it. Des is highly over rated. So is that dud lichaa, worst hooker in Canterbury colours, I'd take Adam perry over him in a heart beat.
Thats a tough criticism seeing as though he went after foran twice, and we were never gonna be in the market for a half when we had both reynolds and hodkinson playing origin. Theres just not an abundance of good established halfbacks around at the moment most of them are young and unproven. Agree on lichaa though he won't even run the football when he gets it off an offload he'd rather pass it 5 metres back

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran has a broken body and his mind is clearly not in the game, and there are probably other issues too. It would like signing a Jarryd Hayne or Todd Carney. This risks are not worth it.

This is no solution.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran is seriously overpriced and comes with lots of baggage. Also it isnt certain the NRL or Eels would just let Foran change clubs within the NRL like that while still under contract at Eels.

Besides, we still lose last night vs cows even if we had 3 Forans.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone has to forget this $1.2 mill Rubbish that was only parra paying that from their "special fund " he would know that his true market value around $800k on top of that I'm sure that now he's after a better environment to play in now.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://q01
So after 4+ years at the club,
Wouldn't you be in the market for a half?
I'm totally not buying into it. Des is highly over rated. So is that dud lichaa, worst hooker in Canterbury colours, I'd take Adam perry over him in a heart beat.
always worrying when you dont notice the hooker making 60 tackles but 0 hit ups.
May as well play Jackson at hooker

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we do get foran, but of course it'd be pending his issues being cleared up and so forth. Love the way he plays. I think we'd be a great fit for him too.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or pathetic line speed and defence. Did you see how much time we gave JT with the ball? He deadset ran about 8m before anyone even got close to him...we just stood still and watched. Cowboys had momentum all night and we couldn't turn it around.
Thurston had hours to kick, last night. He could've played in a dinner suit.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our line speed kills me it fcuking irks the shiet out of me
Especially last tackle on jt
Where were the beau Scott style pressure
The reason why thurstons kicks were all precise was the infinite time he had to kick the bloody ball!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need Robbie Farah. Taylor has dropped him because he gets in the way of their playmakers. That will not be a problem with the Dogs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Those saying it's the coach... Manly never played DesBall.
Because their spine were light years ahead of our so called spine.

We have:-

A winger/centre playing fullback except on Sundays

A hooker who is a nut case with a shit kicking game and no game reading skills playing 5/8th

A glorified centre with no organising or kicking skills playing halfback

An EX attacking hooker who has been turned into a tackling machine by a supercoach

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If his issues were purely his family or mental issues I'd be confident we could help him get over it. But if the other stuff such as match fixing ends up being true then obviously different story.

I'm not sure he would get the type of money he was getting before, this contract would probably be more about getting his career back on track.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran needs a club that will look after him not destroy him. Parra have a habit of turning those without any problems into troubled players (Corey Norman anyone?).

Foran back under Des in a new frame of mind will kill it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need Robbie Farah. Taylor has dropped him because he gets in the way of their playmakers. That will not be a problem with the Dogs.
Like the Broncos, your team doesn't have playmakers. :p

Your team will be scrapping the bottom of the barrel if they sign Farah.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran needs a club that will look after him not destroy him. Parra have a habit of turning those without any problems into troubled players (Corey Norman anyone?)..
Foran had problems at Manly. (it's the people who he hangs out with.)

Seems like Corey Norman is hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.