Zane Tetevano signs a one-year deal

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s the way this place is. It doesn’t matter who signs. Somebody dislikes it. I’m confident if we signed Nathan Cleary somebody would be against it.

"A YEAR TOO LATE AND A MILLION TOO MUCH!!! JETT WILL BE BETTER IN 5 YEARS ANYWAY!!!" :laughing:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh, experience and depth.
it’s not like we’re paying him $1m/season.
so long as he’s passed a medical, I’m happy to wait and see how it plays out?
Logic prevails for some. Everyone was bagging Poasa Faamausili before he played a few decent trials as well. Moneyball signing to add some size and depth to our pack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Under any circumstances?
Not particularly interested in supporting him but yes I'd say a signing like this would be better suited to a mrke stable club. One with a senior playing group, experienced coach, etc. Anyway I cbf anymore, don't want to get cyber bullied by the Gus cucks that probably get off to the thought of a player beating their daughters.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Not particularly interested in supporting him but yes I'd say a signing like this would be better suited to a mrke stable club. One with a senior playing group, experienced coach, etc. Anyway I cbf anymore, don't want to get cyber bullied by the Gus cucks that probably get off to the thought of a player beating their daughters.
Over the top ... much.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cry

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s the way this place is. It doesn’t matter who signs. Somebody dislikes it. I’m confident if we signed Nathan Cleary somebody would be against it.
Nathan Cleary?! That chin is a crime against humanity grr grrr arghhh…

Seriously though, I’m not a fan of this signing but his crime was a long time ago and he’s played for Roosters, Panthers and Leeds since. People do bad things, then wake up usually. If he’s made amends, I accept him. I have no idea if that’s happened but 10 years is a long time especially for a young man and he had a near death experience which probably gave him a lot of perspective.

My biggest concern is if he’ll add anything to the team. I won’t cheer him or like him being in the club, but it is what it is. I honestly don’t see the need for extra attention from the haters when we have young guys that could have done a decent job, but I guess we wanted some hard nut experience, which is understandable. We were/are looking at signing SST, and when that was a bust they obviously turned their attention to Zane.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary?! That chin is a crime against humanity grr grrr arghhh…

Seriously though, I’m not a fan of this signing but his crime was a long time ago and he’s played for Roosters, Panthers and Leeds since. People do bad things, then wake up usually. If he’s made amends, I accept him. I have no idea if that’s happened but 10 years is a long time especially for a young man and he had a near death experience which probably gave him a lot of perspective.

My biggest concern is if he’ll add anything to the team. I won’t cheer him or like him being in the club, but it is what it is. I honestly don’t see the need for extra attention from the haters when we have young guys that could have done a decent job, but I guess we wanted some hard nut experience, which is understandable. We were/are looking at signing SST, and when that was a bust they obviously turned their attention to Zane.
Totally understand some people’s opinions on these types of signings. If people knew the reasons behind some of the other targets not coming off they may think differently but we are where we are until we manage to build up our forward stocks. Play on!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worth a punt. Worse case scenario, he’s another Napa. But instead of 3 years, we’re only stuck with him for a year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The player market is absolutely cooked. Damn you Uncle Wayne and the Dolphins!

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Depth signing that will show professionalism and show the young forward what it takes to be a professional, have a strong work ethic and commitment.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks you shouldn’t be throwing the club under the bus just for signing a player who was allowed to play.

If he’s been cleared by the NRL it’s on them for allowing him to return, any hate directed to the club is just that.. haters.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
AFB to SST to this guy reality is we couldn’t bring in a prop. Don’t blame Gus or the club tbh say we brought in AFB with his age and he picks up an injury it could put the whole rebuild in jeopardy. Gotta go hard for a few middles this year for 25