Zac Saddler & Jarred Anderson

Bring on Robbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where are these players? They are in our top 30 apparently or are the Bulldogs making room for mid season signing?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saddler has been playing for Moorebank Rams and Anderson has been playing for Cabramatta.

They are just a wasting top 30 spots.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Saddler has been playing for Moorebank Rams and Anderson has been playing for Cabramatta.

They are just a wasting top 30 spots.
Lol, why the fuck did we bother filling our roster? Surely we could've saved a little extra cap or potentially left ourselves open for a mid season signing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, why the fuck did we bother filling our roster? Surely we could've saved a little extra cap or potentially left ourselves open for a mid season signing.
No idea! The only think I can think of is that Saddler signed a contract saying he had to be in the top 30? Cleal had a massive hard on for him and thought he was the next big thing and gave him a 3 year deal.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely not too many other clubs would have top 30 players running around in RMC or Sydney shield.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely not too many other clubs would have top 30 players running around in RMC or Sydney shield.
Makes it easier to understand why our salary cap is in tatters.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Saddler was injured most of the off season, and Roumanos has over taken him. Ditto Dias and Jesse Martin.

Anderson deserves the spot over Olive.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with the top 30?? when do you have to lock it in for the year and why cant you remove people that were signed 3 years ago to a top 30 contract, that just didnt work out ??

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So were paying 2 players atleast the minimum NRL wage to play RMC/Sydney Shield?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the deal with the top 30?? when do you have to lock it in for the year and why cant you remove people that were signed 3 years ago to a top 30 contract, that just didnt work out ??
You don’t have to include players not at the club who you are still paying in your top 30 anymore. You just have less cap to spend on your top 30 that you are registering with the NRL

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to include players not at the club who you are still paying in your top 30 anymore. You just have less cap to spend on your top 30 that you are registering with the NRL
i was referring to players still at the club in teh lower grades like for instance Zaddler ..if he is not working out and its been 3 years and hes on minimum wage why cant he be included in the second teir cap or whatever its called

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i was referring to players still at the club in teh lower grades like for instance Zaddler ..if he is not working out and its been 3 years and hes on minimum wage why cant he be included in the second teir cap or whatever its called
I think the second tier cap is only something like $500k so if you put someone down there on $100k there’s not much more to go around.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No idea! The only think I can think of is that Saddler signed a contract saying he had to be in the top 30? Cleal had a massive hard on for him and thought he was the next big thing and gave him a 3 year deal.
Yeah your spot on about Saddler, he had a clause in his contract regarding being in the top squad in the final year of his contract.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Teams must submit a 29 man squad on the 1st of March, they then have until June 30th to include another player. Bulldogs and Souths were the only teams to submit a full 30 man squad whilst the other 14 teams left a spot available for a mid season signing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw does anyone know what's happened to Strickland? Lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Teams must submit a 29 man squad on the 1st of March, they then have until June 30th to include another player. Bulldogs and Souths were the only teams to submit a full 30 man squad whilst the other 14 teams left a spot available for a mid season signing.
what about fringe first graders on long contracts .. can they be removed from top 30 if they havent worked out ?? obviously after 1 march , but prior too ??

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what about fringe first graders on long contracts .. can they be removed from top 30 if they havent worked out ?? obviously after 1 march , but prior too ??
From my knowledge a team doesn't have to include them in their 30 man squad however their salary will still come out of our first grade cap. So we could probably remove them for next years squad but then we would be wasting a ton of cap space on the reserves.

Reactions: GDR

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Decision making not our strong point in recent seasons!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From my knowledge a team doesn't have to include them in their 30 man squad however their salary will still come out of our first grade cap. So we could probably remove them for next years squad but then we would be wasting a ton of cap space on the reserves.
makes sense .. Depending on what money they are on , i probably wouldnt have included them in the top 30 this year, just so a more promising youngster could of had a go .. Mind you i have no knowledge of either players ability, except for the fact that they cant even make reserves.