You've let down your fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
MELBOURNE firebrand Michael Crocker yesterday tossed a hand grenade at under-achieving St George Illawarra by declaring: "They have let down their fans in recent years."

Crocker admitted the Dragons' lack of premiership success will be a key factor in Saturday night's preliminary final at Homebush.

The Dragons have failed to win a premiership as a joint-venture club – despite annually boasting one of the game's strongest rosters.

Crocker admitted St George Illa- warra "haven't done the job" in past seasons.

"I think they owe a lot to themselves and their fans to really step up," Crocker said.

"They've admitted themselves that they have probably let themselves and their fans down the last few years.

"Every club in the competition would love to have the talent and depth they have got at their disposal.

"They haven't done the job when it counts but that probably only makes them more determined to do so this week."

Crocker, however, claimed the Dragons were looking more relaxed than previous seasons.

"They would be disappointed the way they have finished in the past four or five years when they were good chances to win the competition," he said.

"But they are playing with more confidence this time around.

"They seem more relaxed and have got their heads around things and are in a good state of mind.

"Every team is under some sort of pressure. It's now or never. It's do or die. No one wants to go out before the grand final.

"We'd be disappointed in ourselves if we didn't go all the way after playing so consistently all season."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy also entered the Dragons debate last night.

"I think over the last couple of years they have had the best list in the competition," Bellamy said.

"They always seem to be favourites at the start of the year and there isn't too many games they start in that they're not expected to win.

"That probably does put the pressure on them. No one expects us to do anything. They didn't expect us to make the finals and they don't expect us to go beyond this week. There is no pressure on us."

Melbourne forward David Kidwell also claimed the Dragons would play under pressure.

"I hear they are the new competition favourites and that is a hype they have to deal with," Kidwell said.

"They have a tremendous list and with a few guys leaving I'm sure they do have a feeling that this has to be their year.

"That brings a certain pressure with it and I'm sure the Sydney media and their fans will be expecting big things from them.

"I know from my time at the Roosters that it can get to you a bit and I guess we're fortunate down here we are fairly well shielded from that.

"We'll prepare as we always do and head up there with a fair bit of confidence."
-----------------------------

crocker sh!t can SMD for all i care cos if i remember correctly, he wasnt even playing finals footy last year with the roosters, the 2 years before they got smashed in the grand final and the storm arent exactly the 2005 premiers so i dont know what makes him think he can talk.

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it's true with a list like that you should have a premiership to your name but for me the funny thing is the so called experts jumping on and off the Dragons bandwagon, one week their certs the next their not. Just ask Gould and Johns how many times they have changed their mind.

Roozy

princess
Reaction score
Its good he is putting heaps of pressure on them. I can either see the Dragons absolutely smashing the storm (esp if they play like they did against the eels) or I can see them get so psyched out and choke and die (which I hope is what happens) :grinning:

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i dont think crocker should add any more fire to the dragons side with his comments even though they might be true

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Go Barry. It's all true. I hope they smash the Dragons.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
ffs every team has a strong fcking line-up this is the top level of the game, the rorters had a strong line-up last year, where were they in the finals? nowhere to be fcking seen thats where they were

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was a guy from the Dragons army on the news and he had a great comeback

"After being rejected from the Roosters, he would know all about sub-standard performances."

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Game Breaker said:

"After being rejected from the Roosters, he would know all about sub-standard performances."
lol i saw that haha too true! :D

yadav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Game Breaker said:

Yeh but his performances on the field this year can pretty much render that comment bull****

As for the guy that said all teams have a good list because its the top grade. you must be joking right. Souths dont have a good list, canberra dont have a good list. And i dont know why people keep saying the roosters have such a good team. They have about 4 recognised players.

To me, either alot of the dragons players are very over rated, or they have let their fans down in the last 5 years. Pick one or the othe

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
yadav said:
Yeh but his performances on the field this year can pretty much render that comment bull****

As for the guy that said all teams have a good list because its the top grade. you must be joking right. Souths dont have a good list, canberra dont have a good list. And i dont know why people keep saying the roosters have such a good team. They have about 4 recognised players.

To me, either alot of the dragons players are very over rated, or they have let their fans down in the last 5 years. Pick one or the othe
mate, the truth is we are talking about the top level of rugby league and everyone who plays in the nrl is above average. every team has good players and great players. there are no sh!t players playing nrl football.

souths: joe galuvao, john sutton, nathan merrit, luke macdougall, david fa'alogo, mark minichiello, david peachey, stuart webb, joe williams

canberra: schifcofske, tongue, withers, smith, carney, mogg, croker, weyman, woolford

plenty of players capable of playing good footy for those two teams

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
roc-a-fella said:
ffs every team has a strong fcking line-up this is the top level of the game, the rorters had a strong line-up last year, where were they in the finals? nowhere to be fcking seen thats where they were
True true, i'll pay that. I think he just means, like the Dragons get so far nearly every year and falling at the last hurdle. I want the Storm to win on Sat, but my head say Dragons, they are going better than last year. I think playing the second week of the semi's will be benefitial for them.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"They have let down their fans in recent years." Said the man who lost 2 out of 3 GF's.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
It's still one more than the Dragons have won lately. All I am saying is I can see what Crocker means. And as if the Dragons fans weren't let down by it. I thought last year they had it in the bag.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And my point is Crocker isn't one to talk. That's like Paris Hilton calling Nicole Ritchie a slut.

Status
Not open for further replies.