Your Worst/Dud Bulldogs side of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
1. Kris Tassell
2. Orisi Cavuilati
3. Greg Fleming
4. Andy Marinos
5. Stan Tulevu
6. Glen Hughes
7. Peter Wheeler
8. Mark Brokenshire
9. Barry Berrigan
10. Martin Bella
11. Robert Tocco
12. Bruce McGuire
13. Gavin Whittaker

14. David Thompson
15. Adam Brideson
16. Ben Gillies
17. Daryl Brohman

hahahhahahahahahaha.... WHAT A BENCH!!!

imagine if we kept all these blokes in one team!
we'd never win anything!

Anastabation

Reaction score
LMAO. That is one **** team. Ben Gillies wasn't that bad though, imo.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
I thought the following selections were a bit harsh:

Peter Wheeler - I love watching my old videos from 95. He was great when Polly was injured. He played in the game at ANZ that year and had a blinder

Bruce Maguire - Him and Folkesy carried the forwards in 91

Darryl Brohman - great effort in the 84 GF. (also a former Devils player !)

I would have Greg Mackey at half back, Darren Brown on the bench and James Pickering in the forwards.

A

Anil

How come you only had 1 Hughes brother in the team?

BTW, put that team in rooster jersey's and I guarantee you that they would choke as much as the real roosters ;)

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
i just came up with that team for a laugh...
its hard to believe we ever had such hopeless players in there...

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
I would have had Damien Ford At Fullback !
He was a shocker

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
leave corey out of the side, but the other hughes brother deserves a run for sure

and dennis scott was pretty crap up until about 2 years ago

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
leave corey out of the side, but the other hughes brother deserves a run for sure

and dennis scott was pretty crap up until almost 2 years ago
when he suddenly grew an offload

Christabella

Reaction score
Bulldog Power said:
No way Steve was the most talented of this generation of Hughes' his only problem was the constant injuries.

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just off the top of my head, here are some worthy candidates for selection (for worst players to play first grade for the Bulldogs) from the past (1975-1994).

Andrew Patmore
Tas Baiteiri
Lee Pomfret
Terry McCartney
Max Mannix
Troy Clarke

Also, while not in the same "class" as the above, I thought Garry Hughes, Phil Gould and Chris Anderson were overrated as players.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Surely Grimaldi gets a starting position at Lock?? hahaha just kidding.

From memory i've seen some ordinary players and they would include: Ben Gillies, Mitch Newton, and Ewen McGrady also had his moments, although for the most part he was pretty cool.

Prodigal Son

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
........................and Ewen McGrady also had his moments, although for the most part he was pretty cool.
Remember when he won the Rothman's medal in 1991 and then literally went "walkabout" on the presentation night!!! Bulldogs teammate Matthew Ryan finally tracked him down and talked him into going (very reluctantly). From memory Ewan McGrady arrived about 3 hours late to be presented with his medal! I also recall him not turning up to post match player functions.

Overall he was an exciting attacking player to watch, but he certainly had his share of lapses on the field (although on balance he did more good things than bad on the football field).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Prodigal Son said:
Remember when he won the Rothman's medal in 1991 and then literally went "walkabout" on the presentation night!!! Bulldogs teammate Matthew Ryan finally tracked him down and talked him into going (very reluctantly). From memory Ewan McGrady arrived about 3 hours late to be presented with his medal! I also recall him not turning up to post match player functions.

Overall he was an exciting attacking player to watch, but he certainly had his share of lapses on the field (although on balance he did more good things than bad on the football field).
hahah I posted that story in another thread about a few weeks ago. It's hilarious cause apparently some doggies players had to go fetch him to tell him he'd won he didn't believe them, and thought there were playing a practical joke on him.

A

atomic_crimson

Tha DoggFather said:
How come you only had 1 Hughes brother in the team?

BTW, put that team in rooster jersey's and I guarantee you that they would choke as much as the real roosters ;)
cos corey is king :D and stephen had two bad knees so you cant blame the bloke

A

atomic_crimson

Stevie J said:
Surely Grimaldi gets a starting position at Lock?? hahaha just kidding.

From memory i've seen some ordinary players and they would include: Ben Gillies, Mitch Newton, and Ewen McGrady also had his moments, although for the most part he was pretty cool.

dont knock grimaldi.... he isnt the razz and dazz like some players but he does the work... :D

Christabella

Reaction score
Actually I'd do one more thing with Soulja's team ... Berrigan never played hooker for us he was a fullback and only became a hooker in the Qld Cup.
My pick for hooker would be Royce Simms

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Prodigal Son said:
Max Mannix
LOL @ Max Mannix. That damn dropped over the line still haunts me. We would have won that game if not for that stupid show pony effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.