Opinion Your shopping / auction list for 2024

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come November 1 the bidding starts for 2024.

I really can't see us signing Munster at around the 1.5M or more like the Dolphins and Tigers will offer him or getting him and his wife away from Queensland plus we might need an organiser 7 even more. Ben Hunt would be great IF we could get him next year but that's not happening. We'd be lucky to get 2 good years from Hunt starting in 2024 at the age of 34. It takes time to form combinations and will likely take more than 2 years for us to win a comp you would imagine.

Can't see us getting Latrell Mitchell away from the Bunnies or Wayne Bennett either.

We need a 7, then a 1, then a prop in that priority order out of who is available for 2024 of course.

So this would be my shopping list and team. What's yours ??????

Please try your best to be a little realistic within an imaginary salary cap even with players like Thompson, Jacko, Allan and Flanagan gone.

HALFBACK: Mitchell Moses. Yes not perfect but the best of those available and he's still fairly young. Unfortunately we'll need to pay overs but the fact that he has a mate here already in Mahoney may get a slight discount.

FULLBACK: Stephen Crichton. Ciraldo has a big advantage in signing him obviously without paying excessive overs. He's tall (193cm - big advantage for a fullback) and a very naturally gifted athlete (great basketball player too apparently). I really think he could get close to the top fullbacks if he can learn to ballplay more.

PROP: Toafofoa Sipley (Manly) OR Royce Hunt (Sharks) I really liked the look of Sipley in our last game against Manly. Huge wide-bodied 120kg quick and damaging runner. He scored 2 tries against us when they thrashed us last year. He's off contract for 2024 and wouldn't cost the earth. In a pack with TPJ and Kikau with Pele coming off the bench they would absolutely smash it. Royce Hunt would be handy too but a bit smaller at 112kg.

To be a real premiership threat I really believe Jacob Kiraz needs to be moved closer to the action at centre and we need an experienced fast finisher like Sione Katoa from the Sharks. Kiraz can both create (for others) and finish. Remember he has a decent one arm offload.

1 Stephen Crichton
2 JAC
3 Jacob Kiraz
4 Aaron Schoupp
5 Sione Katoa
6 Matt Burton
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Toafofoa Sipley
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 RFM
13 Max King

14 BBO (covers both backs and hooker)
15 Franklin Pele
16 Ryan Sutton
17 Jackson Topine / Jeral Skelton / Chris Potalo

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
2 out of Munster, S. Crichton and Haas. Cleary's on 1.3m so for a mid-bottom table team 1.5m isn't crazy money. I think we should be at least going in with a 1.3m offer. If the salary cap goes up significantly maybe we can go after all 3. I don't mind other options if they're quality/elite players but a lot of other options you can mention, e.g. Moses and Tapine are even more unlikely to change clubs imo.

1. Crichton
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Munster
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. TPJ

14. Averillo
15. Pele
16. Patolo
17. Topine

When looking at that maybe Haas instead of Crichton would be the way to go. A bit light in the middle. Maybe we sign another average/decent prop like you said. I wouldn't be over the moon with Sipley tho.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got a feeling Gus will bring over Crichton to play fullback however it’s dependant on if Ciraldo sees Averillo as a long term option.

We need a halfback, prop and maybe a winger would’ve hoped Skelton got a run in the centres though.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signings
1. James Tedesco - Roosters keep JS and release Tedesco, contrary to the sombrero they are under cap pressure and may choose the kid over the veteran.
2. Payne Haas - demands another release from the Broncos and wants to move to Sydney, good mates with Tpj.
3. Jayden Sullivan - Rookie half however there isn't much on the market, Hunt would be too old and Munster is no chance. The kid has great potential and he and Burton being young can hopefully form a good halves pairing for the next decade.

1. JAMES TEDESCO
2. JOSH ADDO-CARR
3. PAUL ALAMOTI
4. JERAL SKELTON
5. JACOB KIRAZ
6. MATT BURTON
7. JAYDEN SULLIVAN
8. PAYNE HAAS
9. REED MAHONEY
10. MAX KING
11. VILIAME KIKAU
12. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER
13. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
14. KURTIS MORRIN
15. RYAN SUTTON
16. FRANKLIN PELE
17. JACKSON TOPINE

18. CREEDENCE TOIA
19. JOASH PAPALII
20. AARON SCHOUPP
21. JORDAN SAMRANI
22. DECLAN CASEY
23. BAILEY HAYWARD
24. KHALED RAJAB
25. BRANDON CLARKE
26. JACOB PRESTON
27. JOSH STUCKEY
28. JAYDEN TANNER
29. CHRIS PATOLO
30. PHILLIP MAKATOA

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Latrell Mitchell/Stephen Crichton/Will Kennedy/Daine Laurie/Jayden Campebell/Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow/Lachlan Miller
Jacob Kiraz (would be nice if we got Katoa or To'o)
3. Paul Alamoti/Jeral Skelton
4. Connor Tracey/Brian Kelly
Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Ben Hunt/Cameron Munster/Mitchell Moses/Jackson Hastings

8. Payne Haas
Reed Mahoney
10. Bunty Afoa/Toafoa Sipley/Royce Hunt/Spencer Lenui/Herman Ese'ese
Villiame Kikau
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Jayden Sullivan
Max King
16. Ryan Sutton
17. Franklin Pele/Jackson Topine/Philip Makatoa/Kurtis Morrin

OUT: Corey Waddell, Luke Thompson, Ava Seumanufagai, Jake Averillo, Kyle Flanagan, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Braidon Burns, Josh Cook, Jayden Okunbor.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Signings
1. James Tedesco - Roosters keep JS and release Tedesco, contrary to the sombrero they are under cap pressure and may choose the kid over the veteran.
2. Payne Haas - demands another release from the Broncos and wants to move to Sydney, good mates with Tpj.
3. Jayden Sullivan - Rookie half however there isn't much on the market, Hunt would be too old and Munster is no chance. The kid has great potential and he and Burton being young can hopefully form a good halves pairing for the next decade.

1. JAMES TEDESCO
2. JOSH ADDO-CARR
3. PAUL ALAMOTI
4. JERAL SKELTON
5. JACOB KIRAZ
6. MATT BURTON
7. JAYDEN SULLIVAN
8. PAYNE HAAS
9. REED MAHONEY
10. MAX KING
11. VILIAME KIKAU
12. RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER
13. TEVITA PANGAI JUNIOR
14. KURTIS MORRIN
15. RYAN SUTTON
16. FRANKLIN PELE
17. JACKSON TOPINE

18. CREEDENCE TOIA
19. JOASH PAPALII
20. AARON SCHOUPP
21. JORDAN SAMRANI
22. DECLAN CASEY
23. BAILEY HAYWARD
24. KHALED RAJAB
25. BRANDON CLARKE
26. JACOB PRESTON
27. JOSH STUCKEY
28. JAYDEN TANNER
29. CHRIS PATOLO
30. PHILLIP MAKATOA
The Roosters will eventually have to think long term in regards to moving Teddy on but I don't think it will be now. Suaalii also most likely going to chase the money and with clauses he wants the Roosters won't get rid of Teddy for him.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 out of Munster, S. Crichton and Haas. Cleary's on 1.3m so for a mid-bottom table team 1.5m isn't crazy money. I think we should be at least going in with a 1.3m offer. If the salary cap goes up significantly maybe we can go after all 3. I don't mind other options if they're quality/elite players but a lot of other options you can mention, e.g. Moses and Tapine are even more unlikely to change clubs imo.

1. Crichton
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Alamoti
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Munster
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. RFM
13. TPJ

14. Averillo
15. Pele
16. Patolo
17. Topine

When looking at that maybe Haas instead of Crichton would be the way to go. A bit light in the middle. Maybe we sign another average/decent prop like you said. I wouldn't be over the moon with Sipley tho.
Schopenhauer can’t be our centre...pedestrian and a crappy defender

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Schopenhauer can’t be our centre...pedestrian and a crappy defender
Skelton another option but I think Schoupp is our long term centre with Alamoti.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come November 1 the bidding starts for 2024.

I really can't see us signing Munster at around the 1.5M or more like the Dolphins and Tigers will offer him or getting him and his wife away from Queensland plus we might need an organiser 7 even more. Ben Hunt would be great IF we could get him next year but that's not happening. We'd be lucky to get 2 good years from Hunt starting in 2024 at the age of 34. It takes time to form combinations and will likely take more than 2 years for us to win a comp you would imagine.

Can't see us getting Latrell Mitchell away from the Bunnies or Wayne Bennett either.

We need a 7, then a 1, then a prop in that priority order out of who is available for 2024 of course.

So this would be my shopping list and team. What's yours ??????

Please try your best to be a little realistic within an imaginary salary cap even with players like Thompson, Jacko, Allan and Flanagan gone.

HALFBACK: Mitchell Moses. Yes not perfect but the best of those available and he's still fairly young. Unfortunately we'll need to pay overs but the fact that he has a mate here already in Mahoney may get a slight discount.

FULLBACK: Stephen Crichton. Ciraldo has a big advantage in signing him obviously without paying excessive overs. He's tall (193cm - big advantage for a fullback) and a very naturally gifted athlete (great basketball player too apparently). I really think he could get close to the top fullbacks if he can learn to ballplay more.

PROP: Toafofoa Sipley (Manly) OR Royce Hunt (Sharks) I really liked the look of Sipley in our last game against Manly. Huge wide-bodied 120kg quick and damaging runner. He scored 2 tries against us when they thrashed us last year. He's off contract for 2024 and wouldn't cost the earth. In a pack with TPJ and Kikau with Pele coming off the bench they would absolutely smash it. Royce Hunt would be handy too but a bit smaller at 112kg.

To be a real premiership threat I really believe Jacob Kiraz needs to be moved closer to the action at centre and we need an experienced fast finisher like Sione Katoa from the Sharks. Kiraz can both create (for others) and finish. Remember he has a decent one arm offload.

1 Stephen Crichton
2 JAC
3 Jacob Kiraz
4 Aaron Schoupp
5 Sione Katoa
6 Matt Burton
7 Mitchell Moses
8 Toafofoa Sipley
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 RFM
13 Max King

14 BBO (covers both backs and hooker)
15 Franklin Pele
16 Ryan Sutton
17 Jackson Topine / Jeral Skelton / Chris Potalo
A 1 and a 7 both of quality is needed, then you'll see a team go

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Munster and Dylan Brown would be a nice inclusion to the spine.
Bank on Skelton and Alomoti push on for our Centres.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a fb, hb and a prop. I would use a value/elite/elite model. So my preference would be Lachie Miller/Mitchell Moses/Haas or RCG or another top liner.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Jayden campbell
2. Kiraz
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton
5. Jac
6. Burton
7. Trindall
8. King
9. Mahoney