Your Round 3 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh so just start him at fb. If he makes an error so be it, not like the majority of our squad isn't making them atm..

Dunno about our forwards beating the Warriors..if we don't contain their backs then their forwards play off that and will punch right through us. But the Warriors are the most inconsistent side in the comp so who knows what could happen.
Last year we played Melbourne in Melbourne the week before and flew to New Zealand to play with a 5 day turnaround and our forwards looked lethargic, that's how warriors got back in the game.

Don't think we'll have this problem this time around and without Matulino Warriors front row don't really worry me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's where they struggled both against Newcastle and Storm though. Especially the newcastle game, the knights came out with purpose and warriors didn't really cope with it.
Do you really think our forwards come out with purpose? Our forwards are flat footed and rarely charge onto the ball like the Storm and Knights forwards did theast 2 weeks. The effort is their though.

Warriors line speed isn't that good so i guess if we can start really well defensively then we can get on top early and just grind them out of the game. Warriors will crumble and we will run in a few tries.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you really think our forwards come out with purpose? Our forwards are flat footed and rarely charge onto the ball like the Storm and Knights forwards did theast 2 weeks. The effort is their though.

Warriors line speed isn't that good so i guess if we can start really well defensively then we can get on top early and just grind them out of the game. Warriors will crumble and we will run in a few tries.
We tend to rely on our defensive purpose rather than our hitup purpose. So with defensive purpose a few dropped balls here and there from the warrirors, especially given the way they play, should be an advantage

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We tend to rely on our defensive purpose rather than our hitup purpose. So with defensive purpose a few dropped balls here and there from the warrirors, especially given the way they play, should be an advantage
Like we did early against the Roosters...we bashed them defensively during the opening period and forced errors and created chances off the back of them. It all fell to shit when Des shifted half the the squad around to cover the loss of Holland as the Roosters cut us up on the edges and found an easy way out of trouble.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We came out super aggressive against the Roosters, only problem was, after they scored their first points, we sat back and watched them make 60-70m a set.. Momentum shifted big time, we lost some players in key positions, and it was pretty much all over.

If we can maintain that early aggression for longer periods, similar to the Storm, we would be very hard to stop.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure about our defence, we were down 22 - 8 by the 48th minute mark! If your talking about the first 15 minutes then yes I agree with you 100% we were 8-0 up until then! This means in the next 65 minutes we lost 28 - 16. In the past if we led 8-0 we finish teams off! Our problem is we don't play for the full 80 minutes. I also agree with you about Abbey, we need someone who's always thinking attack! If he gets picked, I hope he has a cracker, because I'm pretty much resting my hopes on him to save us, hopefully another Barba in the making! Hopefully he won't get home sick!
Abbey more Patten than Barba tbh

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We came out super aggressive against the Roosters, only problem was, after they scored their first points, we sat back and watched them make 60-70m a set.. Momentum shifted big time, we lost some players in key positions, and it was pretty much all over.

If we can maintain that early aggression for longer periods, similar to the Storm, we would be very hard to stop.
You'll find that once we took graham off and left tolman on roosters started making massive metres

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly believe that if Holland stayed on ie no major reshuffle then we beat the Roosters, this is not even taking into consideration losing Hoppa at 67th min whilst we were coming home strong or the fact we lost Eastwood late leaving us 1 man on Bench

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not as pessimistic anymore after the first 2 rounds, I just need the boys to back it up this week (confident we'll get the win if they maintain the same effort and improvements in attack), to further re-invigorate my belief in them.

If we win, I'm buying grand final tickets on Monday

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yep i'd say so

good luck to both of them, hopefully everyone keeps their expectations grounded, they are bound to show some good patches but ultimately struggle (particularly abbey)
All young kids have ups and downs and most times Within the same match

At least they can gain some experience and hopefully learn from their mistakes

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All young kids have ups and downs and most times Within the same match

At least they can gain some experience and hopefully learn from their mistakes
I will highly fkd off if Des doesn't name Abbey in the 17 preferably fullback and lesser extent Montoya.

I can see it now, Borris to 1 and Phillips to the wing

Fk off Des

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will highly fkd off if Des doesn't name Abbey in the 17 preferably fullback and lesser extent Montoya.

I can see it now, Borris to 1 and Phillips to the wing

Fk off Des
That's what I originally thought but abbey has been training there last 2 days

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des doesn't have Abbey in the run on team he is an Idiot, and I don't think he is an idiot only stubborn. Lets say Borris goes to 1 with Montoya and Smith or Phillips and Smith on the wing. When Borris is injured as he no doubt will be, we will have no one to cover FB other than throwing in Abbey while making his debut. This week he has the opportunity to bring him in and share the load with Borris. and I honestly do not see any benefits in Smith or Phillips over Abbey (experience or ability).

My preference would be Abbey and Montoya on the wings with Borris at the back sharing the running with Abbey.

Having said that I do not expect Des to name him either on wing or Fullback even if he intends to play him (to manage the press over the next few days).

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are outsiders again at betting agencies

Despite Foran officially ruled out and qs mark on RTS

Dunny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Abbey
Morris
Morris
Lee
Montoya
Reynolds
Cleeland
Tolman
Mbye
Graham
Jackson
RFM
Klemmer

Elliott
Kasiano
Fualalo
Woolford

Mbye can push to the backline if injurys occure.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I heard rts in some doubt too with severe concussion
Des might even have abbey on bench and won't finalise side until one hour before kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.