Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
  1. Allan
  2. Okunbour (If not then Katoa)
  3. Meaney
  4. Hopoate
  5. Cotric
  6. Lewis (Flanagan needs more time in reggies to work on his game. Too early to bring back now!)
  7. Averillo
  8. Thompson
  9. JMK
  10. Hethrington
  11. Doorey
  12. Topine
  13. Jackson
  14. Deitz
  15. Seumanufagi
  16. Atoni
  17. Ogden
  18. Heleta
  19. Stimson
  20. Matterson
  21. Flanagan

Bob The Builder

Waterboy
Reaction score
Roumanos has barely even started a game in reggies he doesn't deserve a NRL game or a another contract.

The club has been rewarding mediocrity for way too long.
I don't have any agenda here apart from giving players a fair go.

James plays 70 min in the middle last week makes 40 tackles misses 1...and you say his defence is not up to speed.
Regardless of not starting the kid is 21 and has not looked out of place since he was 18...with no footy last year.

He often gets named at 14 but then starts.

If you watch closely he is a very smart player and that has come from coaches mouths.

We still need players who work their butts off mixed in with the overpaid superstars.

Whether he gets a go or not is up to the coach but if you're going to slam kids..deal with facts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

James plays 70 min in the middle last week makes 40 tackles misses 1...and you say his defence is not up to speed.
Regardless of not starting the kid is 21 and has not looked out of place since he was 18...with no footy last year.

If you watch closely he is a very smart player and that has come from coaches mouths.

We still need players who work their butts off mixed in with the overpaid superstars.

Whether he gets a go or not is up to the coach but if you're going to slam kids..deal with facts.
He has looked out of place the entire time in reserve grade, get over him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

So apart from playing 70 mins and making 40 tackles in one game what else has he done in his time here?

He shouldn't be in the top 30 and has been a major disappointment and has in no way earned a shot at NRL.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score

I don’t think he has a future at our club or in first grade. Is it fair to say his career has been sort of tarnished from unfair and just plain dumb previous lower grade coaching.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh forgot T. Katoa, he'll be there over Manu. I'm 99% sure Lewis doesn't have a future at the club (off contract) so Flanagan might get a run because of that too. Lewis is the better player tho.
I hope Batrett plays Lewis ahead of Flanagan, it just might encourage Flanagan to leave or his father to find him another gig some where else.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Leave? We need him to play first grade next season for f#cks sake. At this point in time he is at the club next season and Lewis is not. I think it's time to move Averillo to fullback and see if he has what it takes to play there next season. Will probably need to wait until Wakeham is back and can play in the halves first. Then we can move Meeney to the wing until Okunbour is back. In preparation for next season i'd like to see this backline:
1. Avo
2. Oko
3. Allo
4. Schouppo
5. Nicko
6. Wakeo
&. Flanno

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Left of field idea, but try Lewis at centre or hooker.

He played quite a few games at centre in NSW Cup the other year and was quite good there. Or at hooker see if he has what it takes (he's solid defensively).

Who knows, might just stumble across something that works.

Just look at how Burton has taken to centre for Panthers.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He played quite a few games at centre in NSW Cup the other year and was quite good there. Or at hooker see if he has what it takes (he's solid defensively).

If we had Lewis at left centre and Hoppa at right centre I think it would be fair to say that would be the slowest centre combo in the history of rugby league.

And I don’t just mean NRL. I mean everywhere

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game will be putrid

Might as well bring back Flanno for it to be a comedy rather than a horror

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Cotric
3. Allan
4. Hopoate
5. Katoa
6. Lewis
7. Averillo
8. Thompson
9. JMK
10. Hetherington
11. Topine
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Atoni
15. C. Smith
16. Ava
17. Ogden

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score

Problem with Lewis at centre is his got no speed or a running game.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be careful I said we should re new his contract and I got yelled at lol
I didn't say re-new lol...just give him an opportunity in fg. Cant be any worse than Waddle and may surprise :grinning:

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want to see Avo at fullback by end of year to see what he has got.

May as well start now and put the other muppets in the halves.

Reactions: CMP

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is not dropping Waddell, regardless if he broke covid protocols or not. Stop being silly guys, don't do this denial shit to yourselves