Your Round 1 Team?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not what you think CC would pick. What team would you pick if you were selecting the team?

01. Connor Tracey
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Matt Burton
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Drew Hutchison
07. Toby Sexton
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Kitione Kautoga
17. Samuel Hughes

18. Liam Knight
Finally no Xerri. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can see it.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tracey
Wilson
Burton
Crichton
Addo-Carr
Taaffe
Sexton
King
Mahoney
Hughes
Kikau
Preston
Salmon
Mann
Poasa
Curran
Kautoga

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Crichton
6. Burton
7. Hutchison
9. Mahoney

2. JAC
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz

8. King
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Morrin
16. Faamausuli/Kautoga
17. Salmon

After the trials it has to be this but it won't be. Let's see how long Ciraldo is stubborn for.
That is close. But the bench is way too light.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That is close. But the bench is way too light.
Morrin would open it up with his quick hitups but yeah, long season no need to max out light backrowers on the bench, Salmon or Mann would have to wait abit.

Anyway, back to the final CMP

Reactions: CMP

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a team was being selected on trial form and the form of the second half of last year - Mahoney would not be in the team - Mann may be a better option at 9 and let Curran n Salmon share lock.
8 or 9 missed tackles in the sharks game . He a player who is rocks and diamonds

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It has getting clearer by the game as to why Salmon, Mann, Hutchinson have been utilities at their previous clubs and have not been regular starters. The same could be argued regarding Taffe and possibly Tracey. But are Edwards, Patolo, Hughes Faamasuali and Morrin good enough for NRL? How long until Papali'i and O'Niell have the blow torch applied at NRL level and make their debuts? Should Crighton play fullback?
There are still too many questions heading into the season. The short answer is the Dogs won't make the top 8, barring a sudden reversal of trial form.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching the trial on friday night against the sharks inmo our defence was 1st class. The point of attack was off. we have the fastest man in league yet we did not give him any opportunities. Too many one out running waisting tackles. Our runners need to position themselves between defenders coming on. We seem to be in traffic far too often. I am certain our attack will improve as the season unfolds. This is my selection for round one pending availability.1.Blake Wilson/ Connor Tracey. 2. Jeral Skelton/Jacob Kiraz. 3. Bronson Xerri. 4. Stephen Crichton. 5.Josh Addo -Carr.6. Matt Burton.7. Drew Hutchison.8.Max King.9.Reed Mahoney.10.Poasa Faamausili.11.Vilame Kikau.12.Jacob Preston.13. Josh Curran.14.Kurt Mann.15. Samuel Hughes.16.Kitone Kautoga.17. Jaeman Salmon.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After seeing both trials at least twice and what I heard from pre season my round 1 team to face the Eels would be this

1. Tracey (Worried about his lack of game time but he gives us the best chance of winning- Taafe confidence will be shot after the Sharks trial)
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri (he’s proved me wrong he is good to go)
4. Critta c
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton

8. King
9. Reed (needs to stop overplaying his hand and stifling attack)
10. Faamausili
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Salmon

14. Hayward (stint Reed)
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Kitione Kautoga

18. Mann

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really tough to choose a 17. Kiraz, Crichton, Addo Carr, Burton, King, Mahoney, Preston, Kikau, Curran and Hughes are the only ones that should be cemented at this stage. The other 7 spots are absolutely up for grabs and you could go either way.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tracey
Kiraz
Chricton
Burton
Ado carr
Hutchison
Sexton
Curran
Kikau
Preston
King
Mahoney
Hughes

Mann
Kitouga
Faamausilli
Patolo/Salmon/anyone else

I would have Sexton and Hutcho in halves. They both crap overall but all I want them to do is pass the ball to either burton or critta,each side of the ruck.

Thats where our main attacking weapons are. Between Jac/critta/kikau on 1 side and burton/preston/kiraz on the other, we have 2 major attacking options.

Give them room and opportunity to move, we dont need the 2 shit halves to get in our superstars way.. also frees up Burton to just run the ball and not think about anything else.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After seeing both trials at least twice and what I heard from pre season my round 1 team to face the Eels would be this

1. Tracey (Worried about his lack of game time but he gives us the best chance of winning- Taafe confidence will be shot after the Sharks trial)
2. Kiraz
4. Critta c
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton

8. King
10. Faamausili
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Salmon

14. Hayward (stint Reed)
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Kitione Kautoga

18. Mann
I’m running with this also. Reed definitely needs a break during the game. If not Hayward on bench, I’d have Turpin or Mann

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m running with this also. Reed definitely needs a break during the game. If not Hayward on bench, I’d have Turpin or Mann
I think Hayward apart from that one bad error has had a good pre season

Mann prob for experience or Turpin you’re right

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

2. Kiraz
4. Critta c
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton

8. King
10. Faamausili
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Salmon

14. Hayward (stint Reed)
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Kitione Kautoga

18. Mann
I think Hayward coming on for Mahoney is good. Reed is becoming very Lichaa like the way he takes a couple of steps to pass, don't know why he can't fire them off the ground, his shoulder must be playing up again.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Hayward coming on for Mahoney is good. Reed is becoming very Lichaa like the way he takes a couple of steps to pass, don't know why he can't fire them off the ground, his shoulder must be playing up again.
That’s a good comparison with Lichaa…does my head in with the wasted time to fire the ball to the halves

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That’s a good comparison with Lichaa…does my head in with the wasted time to fire the ball to the halves
Thats what i loved about Haywards passes from dummy half, no side stepping then passing, just quick crisp passes.