Your predictions for our 8-9 new signings

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the f..k are we going to find out ? Gus said after the GF. Hope it's not much longer. It's like waiting for new toys

Gus said the announcing of 8-9 "new" signings which you would think rules out re-signings but maybe Samuel Hughes could be number 9. Crichton, Xerri, Taaffe and Salmon had already been announced so I'll go with the below. What's yours ?

From multiple media reports it seems 1-5 are virtual done deals

1 SST
2 Drew Hutchison
3 Jake Turpin
4 Kurt Mann
5 Poasa Faamausili
---------
6 Daniel Saifiti
7 Alex Twal
8 Jordan McLean (or possibly Eddie Blacker)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First one in. Get in.

Brad. You're an attractive son of a bitch, and it's only because of the delicious long legs of yours I don't shout at our for creating another fucking thread on fucking transfers.

You've got me all worked up now you ****.

I'll be round in 5. Only spit for you now you naughty boy

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dunno but I’m getting sick of waiting to know lol I want some idea of our 30 for next year

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
60% of the new recruits will get "moved on" in the second year... classic Bulldogs

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Salmon
Taaffe
Mann
Hutchinson
Taupau
Woods
SST
Waqa Blake

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Taafe and Salmon confirmed. Gus has never dismissed talk that SST has signed. When questioned about Mann and Hutchison he simply said the contracts aren’t back yet, so probably confirms those 5.
If we are assuming the 8-9 doesn’t include anyone else we know about, then I’ll guess D Saf and RCG (Absolute out of nowhere and he’s contracted for ages, just something I heard from a Parra fan recently. Likely 99% BS), and just for fun Luai announced for 2025 but maybe earlier if Panthers want him gone. Since it’s just a hypothetical question and no ‘oil’ answer, I don’t want any kennel heat when all or most of these aren’t true haha

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the f..k are we going to find out ? Gus said after the GF. Hope it's not much longer. It's like waiting for new toys

Gus said the announcing of 8-9 "new" signings which you would think rules out re-signings but maybe Samuel Hughes could be number 9. Crichton, Xerri, Taaffe and Salmon had already been announced so I'll go with the below. What's yours ?

From multiple media reports it seems 1-5 are virtual done deals

1 SST
2 Drew Hutchison
3 Jake Turpin
4 Kurt Mann
5 Poasa Faamausili
---------
6 Daniel Saifiti
7 Alex Twal
8 Jordan McLean (or possibly Eddie Blacker)
Might have to wait until November 1st

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need to throw some serious coin at D.Safiti surely?
How's he going to help us? When comparing him to other middles in the competition he's pretty low down there. He's on huge money and a long term deal and Knight will want us to pay at least half and he isn't worth that. Why do you think no one has snapped him up already.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How's he going to help us? When comparing him to other middles in the competition he's pretty low down there. He's on huge money and a long term deal and Knight will want us to pay at least half and he isn't worth that. Why do you think no one has snapped him up already.
Agreed, Anything he signed for, would.be overs imo

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He would help us by carting the ball up the middle and not getting dominated. Sort of important that a couple of players in your team can do that.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he’s under contract and he can’t sign a contract for 2025 until Nov 1

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
60% of the new recruits will get "moved on" in the second year... classic Bulldogs
I'd love to see a list of all the players who have not seen out their contracts in the past three years

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From what I've read we have signed Mann, Taaffe, Salmon, SST, and Hutchinson. Theres rumours about signing Twal, Poasa Faamausili and Turpin. That makes 8 players. But I am not sure Turpin will be signed. Mann and Hutchinsom can play utility and hooker. I cannot see how we could fit 3 similar type players into the one team.

I am not sure the 8 or 9 players to be signed are all new additions to the club or include existing players. I assume they include anyone signed for 2024. Therefore I think there may be 1 or 2 existing players included like maybe Sam Hughes or Waddell.

I think with these players theres plenty of options. Taaffe can play fullback or half. Could switch Critchen to centres. Otherwise Hutchinson can play centre/half/hooker. Mann can play 2nd row, hooker and 5/8 if need be. Salmon can play back row and half. So we have plenty of hooker and halves coverage.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because he’s under contract and he can’t sign a contract for 2025 until Nov 1
He's signed until end of 2026. So we can sign him on 1 Nov 2025 for a contract starting 2027 (assuming he isn't released beforehand).