Your opinion on the performance of our recruitment team

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

Of the above 15 players off contract at the end of this year if we end up re-signing more than 4-5 of them at anything beyond minimum or close to minimum wage (Atoni, T.Katoa, Meaney, Okunbor, Seumanufagai) our recruitment team will have FAILED big time in my eyes.

How we got to this stage of the season playing like we are and we still haven't signed (maybe even "identified") good up and coming minimum wage replacements for most of them totally amazes me. What the f..k are they doing / waiting for ? Are they waiting to see if we can go any worse ? Do they seriously believe some of these no-hopers are suddenly going to become star athletes who deserve multi year contracts ?.

I'm glad we reportedly put a temporary freeze on re-signing any of them but frankly this shit should have been sorted well before now. Is it really that hard to find multiple players who show good promise but are having their pathways blocked at other clubs so are looking for a new opportunity ? If I were doing this recruitment job fulltime I would think my boss would have expected me to sign a few players by now.

It's highly likely now that even if things don't improve at all we'll be re-signing the MAJORITY of this lot simply because we're f..king desperate and our recruitment team haven't been doing their f..king job obviously.

If we don't win another game this season and none of these 15 turn into Superman (as expected) what number of re-signing of these 15 will it take for you to feel our recruiters have done a crap job ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we'll re-sign 5-6 players off contract (all of them except Atoni minimum wage or close to it), promote a few players and we'll only sign 2-3 more quality players. If we make more signings it'll just be replacing back-up (re-signing less players).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renouf Atoni - needs to show more to get renewed, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King - outright thanks for your service & good luck in the future, Nick Meaney - min only & only if we cannot find someone else, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden - outright thanks for your service & good luck in the future, Jayden Okunbor - re-sign, James Roumanos - bye bye, Ava Seumanufagai - may need to keep him for experience & size, Chris Smith - unfortunately 28 in January & surely there is someone younger who can do his job.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wed have 7 players and have to forfeit most weeks
Haha, isn't that virtually what we're doing now ? Like what we're doing is working well ? Better we re-sign 10 or 15 of our current losers maybe in some peoples opinion

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just can't see the progress needed to fix the situation we're in. We desperately need a hooker and prop but it's looking pretty obvious now we won't be getting anyone new / good for 2022.
Mitch Kenny worst case scenario (hopefully).

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mitch Kenny worst case scenario (hopefully).
Yep I agree as a last resort. If we get Smith the year after Kenny would be a decent back up. I believe we could afford Kenny, Afoa and Dufty

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For ones we've missed I can't be too critical, except for missing out on Reece Robson or Blayke Brailey and more recently Spencer Leniu. In regards to who we landed, not happy with Katoa, Waddell, Allan and in hindsight extended Elliot.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
By saying no band aid solutions Baz has painted himself into a corner. Go through the list of off contract players from all Clubs at year end and you'll see there's little use swapping our reserve graders for other teams reserve graders...so guess what? We will be keeping most of these players. 9 of the 15. By saying no band solutions Baz is implicitly saying...he won't swap out what we have for other marginal players...and that he'd rather keep these players UNTIL someone comes along that is definitively better than what we have now.
The writing is on the wall. Next season we are looking at maybe 11th/12th....still a big improvement on this years 16th.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

Of the above 15 players off contract at the end of this year if we end up re-signing more than 4-5 of them at anything beyond minimum or close to minimum wage (Atoni, T.Katoa, Meaney, Okunbor, Seumanufagai) our recruitment team will have FAILED big time in my eyes.

How we got to this stage of the season playing like we are and we still haven't signed (maybe even "identified") good up and coming minimum wage replacements for most of them totally amazes me. What the f..k are they doing / waiting for ? Are they waiting to see if we can go any worse ? Do they seriously believe some of these no-hopers are suddenly going to become star athletes who deserve multi year contracts ?.

I'm glad we reportedly put a temporary freeze on re-signing any of them but frankly this shit should have been sorted well before now. Is it really that hard to find multiple players who show good promise but are having their pathways blocked at other clubs so are looking for a new opportunity ? If I were doing this recruitment job fulltime I would think my boss would have expected me to sign a few players by now.

It's highly likely now that even if things don't improve at all we'll be re-signing the MAJORITY of this lot simply because we're f..king desperate and our recruitment team haven't been doing their f..king job obviously.

If we don't win another game this season and none of these 15 turn into Superman (as expected) what number of re-signing of these 15 will it take for you to feel our recruiters have done a crap job ?
Katoa is shit lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
By saying no band aid solutions Baz has painted himself into a corner. Go through the list of off contract players from all Clubs at year end and you'll see there's little use swapping our reserve graders for other teams reserve graders...so guess what? We will be keeping most of these players. 9 of the 15. By saying no band solutions Baz is implicitly saying...he won't swap out what we have for other marginal players...and that he'd rather keep these players UNTIL someone comes along that is definitively better than what we have now.
The writing is on the wall. Next season we are looking at maybe 11th/12th....still a big improvement on this years 16th.
We said potentially 11/12 this year. I wont be so sure if the pack stays the same.